Team Toughness & Beat Up On Craig Adams Thread

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Craig Adams = proof that you can be a Harvard graduate and still be a complete ****ing moron.

What exactly is Craig doing that makes him a moron? I find it hard to question someones intelligence by how they play hockey.

StutzlesTapeJob

Dec 22, 2008
Adams comments are so sad it hurts. For Two Reasons. As if the only way to respond is taking penalties. News Craig. The pens got their collective ***** handed to them the past 3 years in the playoffs. Most of it coming from none penalties. Also, in playoffs, to craigs own point, the game is rougher. You can respond without taking a clear penalty. Craig should share those thoughts with tochet.

Love the pride the new guys show in playing this role. Its such a huge part of winning. Comeau is a steal. Dude has quality 3rd line skills. Far from an offensive black hole.

If we get borts back. Keep dressing despres. And get one more 3rd 4th liner with size speed and edge. It would come together nicely. And all players that can respond with good physical hockey.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
What exactly is Craig doing that makes him a moron? I find it hard to question someones intelligence by how they play hockey.

Craig is the poster child for new corporate America. He kissed the right butts to stay in the league for as long as he did. And by kissing the two main butts right, he was able to finagle a two year contract from the head of the "family".

He is a bum, he doesn't deserve to be here. The sooner he is gone, the better for everyone involved.

Last edited:

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
Is it wrong of me to hope he makes it to 299 for his streak then they bench him for 300 as a **** you?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I wonder if Craig's Harvard Education lets him see that he no longer fits on this team anymore in any capacity, there are better penalty killers on this team and at this point there are a handful of guys even in the AHL that do a better job of being a 4th liner than Adams.

I wish he would just ask to be moved, not that there are a ton of teams knocking down the door for his services, but there are dimwitted teams that think guys that sucked on this team last year, are worth a contract *cough*Glass*cough*...

Snapdragin

Aug 14, 2014
PA
Craig is the poster child for new corporate America. He kissed the right butts to stay in the league for as long as he did. And by kissing the two main butts right, he was able to finagle a two year contract from the head of the "family".

He is a bum, he doesn't deserve to be here. The sooner he is gone, the better for everyone involved.

You seem to have the inside scoop.:handclap:

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

Craig isn't a moron and is likely a very smart man. That doesn't make him a good hockey player or teammate anymore. From those quotes and others, it seems that he has an inflated view of himself or his importance to the team. Of course, so do you, so at least he has someone in agreement with him.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I think this is good for some compare and contrast, and Yohe might have thrown Craigers under the bus. :laugh:

http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/6952829-74/sill-penguins-nhl#axzz3GBibyih3

His presence in the locker room is becoming difficult to deny. Sill has played 22 NHL games and hasn't registered a point, but he is roundly accepted by the team's stars. Penguins management wanted a livelier dressing room this season, and Sill has done his part.

“No question,” Dupuis said. “Everybody likes him and everybody respects him. He's a fun guy to be around.

“He's from the old school,” Despres said. “Just a really great guy. Honestly, he's one of the best teammates I've ever had.”

After practice, Sill sat in the locker room beside goalie Marc-Andre Fleury and the two shared a laugh. Players with 22 games of NHL experience usually don't look so comfortable sitting beside goaltenders with 290 career wins. But Sill didn't look out of place during the conversation, nor has he looked out of place on the fourth line, even if his simple, physical style is no longer the norm in the NHL.

Seriously, though, I think Adams might have done something to really piss Yohe off. There's the Craig Adams doesn't care about their stars article and then a few days later there's the Sill is a great teammate to have article.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I think Yohe got the shackles taken off when Rossi and the current Pen's regime moved on. It seemed like he just toed the company line for a long time. Now he is saying everything we've been saying for a while on here. It's also possible he's just swaying with the wind. It's easy to like the new regime when liking them gives you more access.

Having listened to a few of those long interviews that billybud posts from those weirdos (I think from letsgopens or one of those blogs) that Yohe does actually know what he's talking about to some degree.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside

AquaticBirdman

Sep 25, 2007
Montreal, Canada
Adams is delusional. If he's not gonna at least TRY to fill the tough-guy role, then he truly is completely irrelevant on this team. He sucks at everything, so he might as well fill the role of being a human punching bag out there (since he kinda sucks at fighting too). I honestly can't believe that a slug like him has actually managed to hold onto a full-time job on this team for so long.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Adams is delusional. If he's not gonna at least TRY to fill the tough-guy role, then he truly is completely irrelevant on this team. He sucks at everything, so he might as well fill the role of being a human punching bag out there (since he kinda sucks at fighting too). I honestly can't believe that a slug like him has actually managed to hold onto a full-time job on this team for so long.

If this was last year, your post would have been the perfect vehicle for the SMUG Bylsma pic.

Mo Wanchuk

Embrace the Hate
Mar 16, 2009
Palm Isle

1penzfan

Aug 18, 2005
Apex, NC
This is not going to be popular, but Adams has played fine in the first two games. Limited minutes and fairly effective. Particularly in the last game vs Toronto. The hate around here is hard to understand.

TheSniper26

Oct 2, 2005
Youngstown
This is not going to be popular, but Adams has played fine in the first two games. Limited minutes and fairly effective. Particularly in the last game vs Toronto. The hate around here is hard to understand.

He hasn't been awful but what's the point of giving him playing time that a younger guy could use to actually grow and improve? Adams is done and is only going to get worse from here(which is a frightening thought).

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I think Yohe got the shackles taken off when Rossi and the current Pen's regime moved on. It seemed like he just toed the company line for a long time. Now he is saying everything we've been saying for a while on here. It's also possible he's just swaying with the wind. It's easy to like the new regime when liking them gives you more access.

I noticed him getting better when he was asked to write a "fond memories" article about Bylsma and made him sound like a Kardashian.

Having listened to a few of those long interviews that billybud posts from those weirdos (I think from letsgopens or one of those blogs) that Yohe does actually know what he's talking about to some degree.

Still have no idea who they are or why those keep ending up in my twitter feed, but they're great to listen to when you're driving somewhere.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011

Here's the problem, and this is why the Pens players (and Yohe) are being so effusive in praising Sill: When BB returns, it's either Sill or Adams that sits. Adams is a mediocre player, and though he has not been as bad as last year so far, he's still mediocre at best, and even worse, he serves no purpose on the team. His PK abilities are gone.

Sill is a very good middleweight fighter, can play center or wing, hits like a freight train, and stands up for his teammates. And even though he's a middleweight, he can take on and win against guys a lot bigger than him because he's such a skilled fighter. Making him invaluable to us. Adams does none of those things. Not to mention Sill is cheaper if we can ever get rid of Adams completely. I'd rather have Sill and Ebbett as our 12th and 13th forwards since both are dirt cheap, and both offer more than Adams.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I noticed him getting better when he was asked to write a "fond memories" article about Bylsma and made him sound like a Kardashian.

Still have no idea who they are or why those keep ending up in my twitter feed, but they're great to listen to when you're driving somewhere.

Yeah I appreciate you posting them. It gives a better perspective of what Yohe actually thinks and there's some pretty decent discussion. The one host is really bad at articulating his point, but I've been impressed with Yohe's views in those interviews. Certainly more than I was in the past.

As an aside, I think Mackey is doing a solid job as well (minus the weird be grateful to each other or whatever it is he stole from Rossi).

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

He's been okay for a 12th forward. He should be relegated to the press box once Beau is healthy.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Speaking of team toughness, John Scott scored last night. Any multi-player deals involving the Sharks and Pens where we can swap in Scott and swap out Adams sounds pretty good to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,430.00