Team Sweden - Olympics 2014

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Olympics are getting closer and closer and a lot of Swedes look good right now.

Sedin-Sedin-Eriksson

Zetterberg-Bäckström-Landeskog

Steen-Berglund-Alfredsson

Hagelin-Johansson-Hornqvist/Zibanejad

OEL-Karlsson (30 min/game)

Brodin-Kronwall

Edler-Hedman/Hjalmarsson/Lindholm

Lundqvist
Lehner

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Is Hornqvist a lock? I would think that for the bigger ice they would want faster players than him who could score just as much.

I know he has a broken hand but Silfverberg seemed to be doing pretty well before the injury happened. He should still get some consideration.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Is Hornqvist a lock? I would think that for the bigger ice they would want faster players than him who could score just as much.

I know he has a broken hand but Silfverberg seemed to be doing pretty well before the injury happened. He should still get some consideration.

No he is not. He probably makes my team but as an extra player right now.

Coach has said Silfverberg still has the chance to show what he's got when he gets back.

I want both to get a couple of right-handers in the fold, along with Alfie. Zibanejad still bubbling, I think he has to wait four years.

Berglund doesn't make my team. Terrible season, heavy feet.

Last edited:

FabricDetails

Mar 30, 2009

Coach has said Silfverberg still has the chance to show what he's got when he gets back.

I want both to get a couple of right-handers in the fold, along with Alfie. Zibanejad still bubbling, I think he has to wait four years.

Mattias Weinhandl anyone? :naughty:

FabricDetails

Mar 30, 2009
The OEL-Karlsson defensive pairing is probably the most exciting one for me amongst all the countries. I'm hyping that pairing so much in my own mind right now.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011

If Backlund continues playing the way he has for the past few games, do you think he has a chance as an extra forward?

Thesensation19*

A few people are mentioning Enstroms name... however I believe that he has recommitted himself from the Olympics earlier this season. He said he will want to rest for the NHL season rather than play for the country in that two week span.

Does this at all open up for room on the roster for Anton Stralman. As a Ranger fan I have watched him regularly over the last two seasons and I believe he has a good shot.

Granted, he is a bottom 4 defender and this year he isnt exactly as big of a name but he is more consistent. I like the fact that hes a physical defender especially 1 on 1 and hes capable of moving the puck well.

I think he has a shot at the top 6

Thesensation19*

I have not seen any worries on here but I have seen plenty in the Rangers community on Lundqvist current state of play.

I believe Hank has been pretty dam good for the Rangers with all things considered. With that I mean that the team has honestly taken a huge step back in their progress. Yes they have a coach whose more offensive minded however there is no excuse for the lack of defense being played in the Rangers organization on a common night. There leaving him out to drive.

This is the NHL. When you give free back door chances, open shots point blank in front of the net. And dont play aggressive on rebounds. Your going to give up a few bad goals as a goalie.

My point is that Hank is still Hank. The team in front of him is too blame for his stats. He is still the leagues best IMO

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Those two will be great to see in the Olympics, but they wouldn't be playing together outside of PP1 I'd think.

Yeah, it would be weird doing the 2002 thing all over again. I just never understood...

Lidström - Johnsson
Norström - Ragnarsson

Those two pairings should've swapped one defenseman for the other..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad