Olympics: Team Sweden 2022

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
the goalie situation is a bit tricky now. lars johansson is the best we have but seems to be out of shape. i say hellberg should start against finland

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
As a Finn I wanted OT loss vs Sweden. Sweden is set up pretty nicely on that bracket now and Finland could've been in their place. Canada and USA may be tough in that small rink or maybe not with those rosters. It's a big question mark.

If USA & Canada end up sucking against the top Euro nations, Sweden has easier path to the final than Finland now. You Swedes may only have to beat Canada and USA and Sweden is already in the final, whereas Finland will most likely have to deal with ROC/RUS and winner of SUI/CZE. Those are almost coin flip games and USA & Canada may not be coin flips.

Oh and my personal prediction is that Sweden will be in the final. Finland would be if they had lost on OT.

Ice hockey at the 2022 Winter Olympics – Men's tournament - Wikipedia

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
so when is garpenlöv getting the praise he deserves? after the losses to denmark and belarus in wc he become a better coach. smart move by him to put together a grinding forward group for og.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
E.Pettersson has bounced back nicely. W.Karlsson is having a down season. I have A.Kempe over him right now.

Landeskog - Zibanejad - Nylander
Forsberg - Lindholm - Bratt
E.Pettersson - Bäckström - Burakovsky
A.Kempe - Joel Eriksson Ek - Arvidsson

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Hedman - R.Andersson
Lindholm - Karlsson
Brodin - Klingberg
Dahlin - Ekholm

Its a no brainer. Thats our 8 best ds. OEL have regressed.

Goalies?

Markström
Lehner
Forsberg/Ullmark

Forsberg having a nice season.

I know, there is no best on best tournament in sight. But always fun to speculate about rosters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad