Olympics: Team Sweden 2022

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Possible team:

Filip Forsberg (27) – Mika Zibanejad (28) – Elias Lindholm (27)
Gabriel Landeskog (29) – Alexander Wennberg (27) – Elias Pettersson (23)
Rickard Rakell (28) – Nicklas Bäckström (34) – William Nylander (25)
Viktor Arvidsson (28) - Joel Eriksson Ek (25) - Jakob Silfverberg (30)

Victor Hedman (31) – Jonas Brodin (28)
Hampus Lindholm (28) – John Klingberg (29)
Mattias Ekholm (31) - Erik Karlsson (31)
Oliver Ekman-Larsson (30) - Rasmus Dahlin (21)

Jacob Markström (32)
Robin Lehner (30)
Linus Ullmark (28)

Reserves:

André Burakovsky (27) – Mikael Backlund (31) – Gustav Nyquist (32)
Victor Olofsson (26) – William Karlsson (29) – Patric Hörnqvist (35)
Adrian Kempe (25) – Calle Järnkrok (30) – Jesper Bratt (23)
Carl Hagelin (33) – Oskar Sundqvist (27) – Jesper Fast (30)
Oskar Lindblom (25)

Oscar Klefbom (28) – Adam Larsson (29)
Alexander Edler (35) – Rasmus Andersson (25)
Gustav Forsling (25) – Anton Strålman (35)
Marcus Pettersson (25) – Adam Boqvist (21)

Filip Gustavsson (23)
Anton Forsberg (29)
Jonas Johansson (26)

Last edited:

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Personally:

Forsberg-Mika-Pettersson
Landeskog-Karlsson-Lindholm
Rakell-Bäckström-Nylander
Backlund-Eriksson Ek-Hörnqvist
Silfverberg, Olofsson

Hedman-Klingberg
Brodin-Ekholm
Lindholm-OEL
Andersson, Karlsson

Markström/Lehner
Markström/Lehner
Ullmark

Karlsson will get picked over players he shouldn't be. Same with Adam Larsson. Eriksson Ek is heavily underrated amongst Swedish posters, which I find weird. He's a very good defensive center. If Klefbom is healthy and good to go, he'd be the 7D.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Karlsson will get picked over players he shouldn't be. Same with Adam Larsson. Eriksson Ek is heavily underrated amongst Swedish posters, which I find weird. He's a very good defensive center. If Klefbom is healthy and good to go, he'd be the 7D.

Maybe something is starting to happen in both Anaheim (Rakell) and San Jose (Karlsson). Rakell - Bäckström - Nylander will have fun on a third line.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I dont see the need for players such as Silfverberg and Backlund now that we have younger hungry and more physical players in Eriksson Ek, A.Kempe and Sundqvist.

Reactions: bert and AB13

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I dont see the need for players such as Silfverberg and Backlund now that we have younger hungry and more physical players in Eriksson Ek, A.Kempe and Sundqvist.
Ah yes, noted young gun 27yo Sundqvist. :laugh: And Kempe shouldn't be used in a defensive role. Which is why he's far down my list. There's a lot of players I like better for a top-9 role.

If you want young names there's Bratt, Lindblom, Stenlund, & Höglander. Then for the middle-of-the-pack age-wise (like Sundqvist) there's Järnkrok, Wennberg, Arvidsson, & Burakovsky.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Ah yes, noted young gun 27yo Sundqvist. :laugh: And Kempe shouldn't be used in a defensive role. Which is why he's far down my list. There's a lot of players I like better for a top-9 role.

If you want young names there's Bratt, Lindblom, Stenlund, & Höglander. Then for the middle-of-the-pack age-wise (like Sundqvist) there's Järnkrok, Wennberg, Arvidsson, & Burakovsky.

27 already? Damm, thought he was like 23 or something. Still younger than Backlund....Sundqvist would be a good option for 4th line with his size and grit.

If Olympics was this season i would not include Stenlund and Höglander, they just have 1 good NHL season, if the keep being good next NHL season then yes they could be part of the team.

Dont ever mention Wennberg again. :mad: I rather have Jesper Fast.

Your old Jofa helmet

Oct 2, 2006
Toronto
Backlund should be there, he's one of those who never declined, is well respected and was a captain already. He is super consistent and is a decent all-around player. I can't see how he does not fit the team. I'd get him in the squad before William Karlsson

And I would love to see Ziba playing with Rakell again, those guys were magical together

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Backlund should be there, he's one of those who never declined, is well respected and was a captain already. He is super consistent and is a decent all-around player. I can't see how he does not fit the team. I'd get him in the squad before William Karlsson

And I would love to see Ziba playing with Rakell again, those guys were magical together
Yikes.

Reactions: bert and Eye of Ra

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden

U cant give someone a spot just becuse he is a good guy who never declined. We have better options than Backlund in Eriksson Ek and Sundqvist for the 4C. And i dont know how u can think Backlund is better than William Karlsson. William does everything Backlund does but with more speed and skill.

Yes the Rakell - Zibanejad - Janmark line was epic. I could actually see Janmark getting a spot, but nothing more than 4th line.

Your old Jofa helmet

Oct 2, 2006
Toronto
U cant give someone a spot just becuse he is a good guy who never declined. We have better options than Backlund in Eriksson Ek and Sundqvist for the 4C. And i dont know how u can think Backlund is better than William Karlsson. William does everything Backlund does but with more speed and skill.

Yes the Rakell - Zibanejad - Janmark line was epic. I could actually see Janmark getting a spot, but nothing more than 4th line.

With all due respect, I sincerely disagree that Eriksson Ek (he may be there some day though) and Sundqvist are better options. Hell, might as well invite Sorensen if we're even considering Sundqvist. Backlund is a much better player and a proven leader. He can play the role and be a threat at the same time. Grit is overrated anyway, especially in the Olympics. Everybody bitched and moaned when De La Rose, Kruger or MPS were invited so why do we want to repeat the same mistake.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
What I really want to see. "Fourth" line to be thrown at other teams first lines. Brodin and Dahlin might switch sides. Hörnqvist a bit slow sometimes.

Rickard Rakell (28) – Mika Zibanejad (28) – Elias Pettersson (23)
Filip Forsberg (27) – Nicklas Bäckström (34) – William Nylander (25)
André Burakovsky (27) – Mikael Backlund (31) – Elias Lindholm (27)
Gabriel Landeskog (29) – Joel Eriksson Ek (25) – Viktor Arvidsson (28) (all time checking line)
Adrian Kempe (25) – William Karlsson (29)

Victor Hedman (31) – Jonas Brodin (28)
Hampus Lindholm (28) – John Klingberg (29)
Oliver Ekman-Larsson (30) – Adam Larsson (29)
Rasmus Dahlin (21) – Erik Karlsson (31)

Jacob Markström (32)
Robin Lehner (30)
Linus Ullmark (28)

Last edited:

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
With all due respect, I sincerely disagree that Eriksson Ek (he may be there some day though) and Sundqvist are better options. Hell, might as well invite Sorensen if we're even considering Sundqvist. Backlund is a much better player and a proven leader. He can play the role and be a threat at the same time. Grit is overrated anyway, especially in the Olympics. Everybody bitched and moaned when De La Rose, Kruger or MPS were invited so why do we want to repeat the same mistake.

Sunkist won a Stanley Cup for the Blues! And Eriksson Ek already has Selke whispers around him. But Backlund is underrated and might have Lindholm points given the opportunity. One of Eriksson Ek and Sundqvist is a lock At least as 13-14th forward. Backlund is in on my team for the PK and forming a formidable "stand up" fourth line with Burakovsky and Lindholm.

Industrialized countries problem is Hörnqvist. 35 years of age. Looked somewhat slow last World Championships he played. Makes me dream of Arvidsson. But scoring is great...

Last edited:

Civetty

Jan 2, 2017
I'd personally want Bratt in there, not because he is better overall than any of the others, but I feel like he plays with a lot of speed and finess, adds another dimension.

Dingo

Jul 13, 2018
too bad Hedman took so long and Karlsson dropped off so quickly. Id love to see a team with those two at their best.

Maybe Erik can get his shit together one more time.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I think i just nailed it.

Landeskog - Bäckström - W.Nylander
Forsberg - Elias - Lindholm
Rakell - Zibanejad - Bratt
Arvidsson - Karlsson - Hörnqvist

Hedman - Brodin
Lindholm - Klingberg
OEL - Ekholm