WC: Team Sweden 2019 roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
I am waaay more happy that Lindholm accepted than I am disappointed that Forsberg said no, can’t get them all. Massive addition. Perhaps the most versatile swedish player out there.
Yet all I see in swedish media is disappointment that Forsberg declined, I don’t think they quite understand just how good of a player Elias Lindholm is. His overall game this year was elite. Something I have yet to see from Forsberg over a full season.

Last edited:

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Arvidsson injured.

Best possible right now minus potential round 2 reinforcements(including potential round 1 reinforcements, however unlikely.)
Nylander - Bäckström - Pettersson
Bratt - Karlsson - Lindholm
Johnsson - Kempe - Lindblom
Eriksson - Krüger - Hörnqvist

OEL - Larsson
Gustafsson - Ekholm
M. Pettersson - Andersson
Hägg

Markström
Lundqvist

Last edited:

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
No arvidsson either, meh.

Maybe if unlucky we only get lindholm.

I dont want hagelin. He was terrible this season and getting washed up.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
I forgot Järnkrok, Burakovsky could probably slot in there somewhere aswell. Still baffles me that he hasn’t put it together in the NHL yet. Everytime I see him play he oozes skill, yet he doesn’t put up much more than 30 points. I just don’t get it.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
forwards right now imo:

Bratt - Elias - Lindholm
Lindblom - A.Kempe - Hörnqvist
Loui - Lander - Josefson
Pääjärvi - Kruger - M.Kempe

Civetty

Jan 2, 2017
Still find it surprising that WHC have become so more competetive lately and more people are joining, if this had been like 6 years ago I would had been really happy.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
still no word on M.Pettersson. and it seems like grönborg dont want r.andersson/fantenberg which is foolish.

if m.pettersson and ekholm declines we are gonna have:

OEL - Larsson
Gustafsson - Hägg

I would choose Dahlbeck, Gustafsson Luleå, Wikstrand, Bertilsson to fill out.

OEL - Larsson
Gustafsson - Hägg
Gustafsson - Wikstrand
Dahlbeck - Bertilsson

i think grönborg will choose Djuse, Sellgren, Bengtsson, Holm instead, I dont doubt that Gustafsson Luleå, Wiktrand, Dahlbeck and Bertilsson would do a better job atm. They are much "safer".

(assuming we got zero defenders from second round)

WHO should be 3rd goalie? Enroth was terrible against Finland. Hellberg? Lars Johansson? Reidenborn?

Last edited:

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Lindholm...WOW! we are getting DANGEROUS now!

The list (NHL only):

1. Nicklas Bäckström
2. Mattias Ekholm
3. John Klingberg (round 2)
4. Gabriel Landeskog (round 2)
5. William "Swagger" Nylander
6. (Marcus Pettersson)
7. Andreas Johnsson
8. William Karlsson / Calle Järnkrok
9. Gustav Nyquist / Marcus Johansson (round 2)
10. Rasmus Andersson / Patrik Nemeth

Team idea:

Adrian Kempe – XY
Loui ErikssonElias Pettersson - Elias Lindholm
Oskar Lindblom
– Anton Lander – Jesper Bratt
Mario Kempe
Marcus KrügerPatric Hörnqvist

Oliver Ekman Larsson
Adam Larsson
A – Erik Gustafsson
Robert Hägg
– B
Philip Holm

Jacob Markström
Henrik Lundqvist

Jhonas Enroth

Last edited:
Reactions: Retroglyphs

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
@jfc64 You can cross out Erik Karlsson, he's far from healthy. He can reportedly barely walk. There's no way he will join the national team, he will go straight to a hospital when his playoff is over.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Lindholm...WOW! we are getting DANGEROUS now!

Wishlist (NHL only) revisited:

1. Nicklas Bäckström
2. Mattias Ekholm
3. Karlsson / Klingberg (round 2)
4. Gabriel Landeskog (round 2)
5. William Nylander
6. (Marcus Pettersson)
7. Andreas Johnsson
8. William Karlsson
9. Carl Söderberg / Oskar Sundqvist / Alexander Steen (round 2)
10. Gustav Nyquist / Marcus Johansson (round 2)
11. Rasmus Andersson / Patrik Nemeth
13. Calle Järnkrok

PS. Did you know Bratislava is only 60 kilometers from VIENNA!

Team idea:

Adrian Kempe – XY
Loui ErikssonElias Pettersson - Elias Lindholm
Oskar Lindblom
– Anton Lander – Jesper Bratt
Mario Kempe
Marcus KrügerPatric Hörnqvist

Oliver Ekman Larsson
Adam Larsson
A – Erik Gustafsson
Robert Hägg
– B
Philip Holm

Jacob Markström
Henrik Lundqvist

Jhonas Enroth
Why would you have Eriksson in the top-6?

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
@jfc64 You can cross out Erik Karlsson, he's far from healthy. He can reportedly barely walk. There's no way he will join the national team, he will go straight to a hospital when his playoff is over.
Well its a wishlist :), doesn’t have to be realistic. In this scenario he could magically heal.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Well its a wishlist :), doesn’t have to be realistic. In this scenario he could magically heal.

Sorry, EK and chimp. Shall we scratch the cripple from the list then? :) Will he play game 1?

Last edited:

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Why would you have Eriksson in the top-6?

Until Landeskog or Johnsson arrives. Then we throw him to the fourth line. But the guy actually can convert on a good scoring opportunity.

Last edited:

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
No Arvidsson thats sad. But if he is injured then its probably for the best. Love his drive.

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
Sorry, EK and chimp. Shall we scratch the cripple from the list then? :)

Steen as well. He's on the decline, and didn't join last year when he could have. Don't think he'll play for Tre Kronor again.

Last edited:

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
still no word on M.Pettersson. and it seems like grönborg dont want r.andersson/fantenberg which is foolish.

if m.pettersson and ekholm declines we are gonna have:

OEL - Larsson
Gustafsson - Hägg

I would choose Dahlbeck, Gustafsson Luleå, Wikstrand, Bertilsson to fill out.

OEL - Larsson
Gustafsson - Hägg
Gustafsson - Wikstrand
Dahlbeck - Bertilsson

i think grönborg will choose Djuse, Sellgren, Bengtsson, Holm instead, I dont doubt that Gustafsson Luleå, Wiktrand, Dahlbeck and Bertilsson would do a better job atm. They are much "safer".

(assuming we got zero defenders from second round)

WHO should be 3rd goalie? Enroth was terrible against Finland. Hellberg? Lars Johansson? Reidenborn?
Well, Fantenberg won't get invited, but I could see Andersson being invited. Don't want Dahlbeck.

3rd goalie won't play so it could be anybody, Lasse Johansson & Reidenborn have done the best job this year while wearing the yellow and blue, but could also give a junior(Ersson) a chance to learn from Lunkan & Marky Mark.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Steen as well. He's on the decline, and didn't join last year when could have. Don't think he'll play for Tre Kronor again.
He has played at one Worlds ever in his senior career that started in 2005. It was in 2007, so it's safe to say he don't want to play, and we don't want him to play. Got better options.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Why is Grönborg inviting crap? Didn't like the invitation of Krüger who's been getting worse year by year and now fossil Loui Eriksson?
Crap? That's how we refer to people who don't hesitate to play for our national team without any monetary incentive? They're crap and fossils? Be angry with Grönborg all you want for his selections but show some f***ing respect.

Nick Hansen

Sep 28, 2017
Crap? That's how we refer to people who don't hesitate to play for our national team without any monetary incentive? They're crap and fossils? Be angry with Grönborg all you want for his selections but show some ****ing respect.

Nice horse you've got there.

Jesus christ...

I'm supposed to get down on my knees and worship millionaires like Krüger and Eriksson?

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Nice horse you've got there.

Jesus christ...

I'm supposed to get down on my knees and worship millionaires like Krüger and Eriksson?
No, but be thankful that these millionaires show up to play. If they didn't, you'd be stuck watching SHL players on the national team. Sure you'd love that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad