Team Stats Finder

LeafFan

Jun 20, 2017
Is there any site that tracks stats like icings or types of penalties for and against?

I've seen ESPN of all sites tracking types of penalties for, but not against. Not sure where they get the numbers from, but it's strange how they of all sites have those numbers but ones like NHL.com and others don't.

Don't know if it's even kept, but icing stats would be a cool one to see.

morehockeystats

Unusual hockey stats
Dec 13, 2016
Columbus
morehockeystats.com
Is there any site that tracks stats like icings or types of penalties for and against?

I've seen ESPN of all sites tracking types of penalties for, but not against. Not sure where they get the numbers from, but it's strange how they of all sites have those numbers but ones like NHL.com and others don't.

Don't know if it's even kept, but icing stats would be a cool one to see.
Penalties drawn are tracked by NHL.com - that was the reason I dropped them, I try very hard to avoid replicating them.
Person player stats are shown in the "Penalties/GP" rubrique:
http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?rep...&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,1&sort=penaltiesDrawn

Teams has an identical table:
http://www.nhl.com/stats/team?repor...sPlayed,gte,1&sort=penaltiesDrawnPer60Minutes

And why this site doesn't recognize the middle-button paste is beyond me.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
It is actually one of the more popular pages on my site.
Icings for-against.
I also have Offsides for-against.
As for penalties drawn, I used to have them, but dropped because other sites began to feature them. I might bring them back next season.

Great Site by the way, very cool!

I was just on your site though, and looking at goalies vs teams, and to me it seems the ties against teams is very low. One that jumped out to me, was Ed Belfour against the Wings, it says he played 80 GP, yet it lists 0 of those as ties, and I find that really hard to believe that he never tied them in any of those 80 GP, because there were lots of ties in the mid 90s.

morehockeystats

Unusual hockey stats
Dec 13, 2016
Columbus
morehockeystats.com
Great Site by the way, very cool!

I was just on your site though, and looking at goalies vs teams, and to me it seems the ties against teams is very low. One that jumped out to me, was Ed Belfour against the Wings, it says he played 80 GP, yet it lists 0 of those as ties, and I find that really hard to believe that he never tied them in any of those 80 GP, because there were lots of ties in the mid 90s.
I'll need to check this, however as @STLBlueshistory and me discovered, the decisions as marked by the NHL in their data contain quite a few errors. I need to run an heuristic fix for that first.

Reactions: Oddbob

member 83027

I'll need to check this, however as @STLBlueshistory and me discovered, the decisions as marked by the NHL in their data contain quite a few errors. I need to run an heuristic fix for that first.

Yep.

It's been a bit since I went back to the goalie data but off the top of my head around the mid 1990's their data did not designate Ties for whatever reason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad