Team Slovakia Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

palsoft

Apr 11, 2004
Bratislava
www.hockey-live.sk
Dan Galvin said:
Too bad Slovakia doesn't have a goaltender.

If Slovakia haven't any goaltender which didn't act in NHL, it doesn't mean, that Slovakia haven't good goaltender either.
All three golies have an experience from NHL and Lasak shows us, that his style in the face of NHL stars is great. It's not all about skills acquired in NHL.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
Any goalie can be the best during such a short perdiod of time, Brian Boucher proved it earlier this year. Also, Lunqvist and Conklin were better than Luongo during the world championnships.

I wouldn't bet on Lasak or DiPietro outplaying any canadian goalie, but it could happens.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
As a sens fan and a general fan of the underdog i have adopted Slovakia as my boys......i want to see the Slovaks play Canada in the final.

I like their attitude and style of play.
With The Tower of Trencin patrolling the blueline they won't need a great goalie :)

How do you say Go Slovakia Go!! in Slovak

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
I am really looking forward to Slovakia putting on a good show. Their players will be pretty keen on showing the hockey World up for shabby treatment in past Olympics. If either Lasak or Stana can take the ball and run this team could be in with a shot.

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
Wondercarrot said:
As a sens fan and a general fan of the underdog i have adopted Slovakia as my boys......i want to see the Slovaks play Canada in the final.

With The Tower of Trencin patrolling the blueline they won't need a great goalie :)

There are a few ways of saying Go Slovakia Go but this is the main one: Slovensko Do Toho!

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
Hackett said:
Do you think Jaroslav Halak might be a future slovakia goaltender..... who is their future?
Our goalies are still young. Lasak is around 24, Stana too and Budaj is 22 I believe. Halak could become the next goalie but he will need to be better than them.

palsoft

Apr 11, 2004
Bratislava
www.hockey-live.sk
Wondercarrot said:

It's nice to see posts like this one on this thread, where everybody talks especially about weak goaltending :D

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
When we're talking about goaltenders...
If you compare this tournament to the 2002 Olympics only one team still has a big goaltender - Canada (Brodeur). No more Hasek, Khabibulin, Salo, Richter. There is a new generation coming! Lets hope that Tellquist, Bryzgalov and Lasak can outplay those like Brodeur! :)

firepro_fan

Jul 1, 2004
Wasn't Stana one of the Top goalies in the AHL this past season? I can't wait to watch him. IMO the slovaks have a GREAT chance at winning this tournament

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I think they have the deadliest offense in the tournament, but the rest of the team is in question. Their defense really isn't all that bad after Chara and Visnovsky. Majesky, Strbak, and Suchy are NHL defenseman and Mezei is still improving. In goal, someone always could step up and steal the show.

This team could go really far, IMO.

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
I think Lasak will be up to the task. Whenever I have seen him play at the World Championships, he plays well. In 2002 against the Swedes in the shootout, Lasak was outstanding. I think a lot of people who haven't seen him play are underestimating his ability, and I really do think that he'll surprise. And hopefully he can parlay that into an NHL job somewhere (does Nashville still hold his rights?).

palsoft

Apr 11, 2004
Bratislava
www.hockey-live.sk
Tricolore#20 said:
I think Lasak will be up to the task. Whenever I have seen him play at the World Championships, he plays well. In 2002 against the Swedes in the shootout, Lasak was outstanding. I think a lot of people who haven't seen him play are underestimating his ability, and I really do think that he'll surprise. And hopefully he can parlay that into an NHL job somewhere (does Nashville still hold his rights?).

Also at 2004 World Championship he was outstanding, i think he was the best goalie with highest save percentage, but Slovakia claimed only fourth place.

This season he's heading to Pardubice/Czech Rep. team. Hope, he'll be best :)

palsoft

Apr 11, 2004
Bratislava
www.hockey-live.sk
firepro_fan said:
Wasn't Stana one of the Top goalies in the AHL this past season? I can't wait to watch him. IMO the slovaks have a GREAT chance at winning this tournament

Yes, he was. But i don't know if Filc wants to give him some ice time, because on all tournaments the golie no.1 was Lasak. Who knows..

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Reilly311 said:
same could be said about USA

That just wasn't good to say. Esche/DiPietero/Conklin >>>>>> whoever Slovakia will run out there (Stanta?)

You really want to compare Slovakia's goaltending to any of the other countries in the World Cup?

Reilly311

Esche, Dipietro, or Duhnam are not any better than whoever Slovakia throws out there. Playing in Philly has proven that they can make any average goaltender look good. Esche is cleary USA best goaltender, but he's done nothing more internationally than any goalie Slovakia throws out there.

Czech Republic has Vokoun. I think people are forgetting that. Nabokov is just as good as Khabby. Not having Salo in net actually might be a plus for Sweden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad