Team Slovakia right now

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
So looking at Slovaks in NHL teams that either won't make playoff or are possible outsiders in round 1 and looking at our best in EU, my shot at possible roster

Panik - Hudacek - Tatar
Skalicky - Dano - Bakos
Nagy - Kristof - Jurco
Liska - Lantosi - Bucek
(Bondra, Studenic)

Sekera -Fehervary
Daloga - Jaros
Cajkovsky - Ceresnak
(Stajnoch)

Konrad - Janus

I'm assuming Tampa, Boston and Toronto will go far, that leaves Cehlarik, Chara, Cernak, Marincin out of IHWC.

Some Question here. Why Studenic? He has a nice season, but i think, he has time. There are more experienced player, that could help more.
Jurco is playing for best AHL team right now. Better to seek replacement for him.

Im not sure about Daloga. He is very fast, that is his advantage, but overall ... Better will be to take Martin Gernat.

About goalies there will be hot discussion. Many many options. How it is with Hudacek? Will he play under Ramsay again? Isnt Čiliak better as Konrad? Godla? Poor season, but in national team it was better. Košarišťan need a chance to show his skills on the top level. And dont forget Rybar. Grand Rapids will be in playoffs, but then? And dont forget Adam Huska. His season will be over soon.

jaro

Mar 31, 2018
So looking at Slovaks in NHL teams that either won't make playoff or are possible outsiders in round 1 and looking at our best in EU, my shot at possible roster

Panik - Hudacek - Tatar
Skalicky - Dano - Bakos
Nagy - Kristof - Jurco
Liska - Lantosi - Bucek
(Bondra, Studenic)

Sekera -Fehervary
Daloga - Jaros
Cajkovsky - Ceresnak
(Stajnoch)

Konrad - Janus

I'm assuming Tampa, Boston and Toronto will go far, that leaves Cehlarik, Chara, Cernak, Marincin out of IHWC.
TOR (Marincin) BOS ( Chara, Halak ) TBL ( Cernak) play in same conference - Atlantic. Worlds start 10. May, until than can be over also 2rd PO. I think Marincin, Chara, Halak and maybe Cehlarik will come to play at worlds

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Some Question here. Why Studenic? He has a nice season, but i think, he has time. There are more experienced player, that could help more.
Jurco is playing for best AHL team right now. Better to seek replacement for him.

Im not sure about Daloga. He is very fast, that is his advantage, but overall ... Better will be to take Martin Gernat.

About goalies there will be hot discussion. Many many options. How it is with Hudacek? Will he play under Ramsay again? Isnt Čiliak better as Konrad? Godla? Poor season, but in national team it was better. Košarišťan need a chance to show his skills on the top level. And dont forget Rybar. Grand Rapids will be in playoffs, but then? And dont forget Adam Huska. His season will be over soon.

I watched Studenic a lot with the Devils in the preseason. He was very good for the most part, I'm surprised he hasn't seen a single call up. He was leading Binghampton in scoring the first 30 games or so. His production has cooled down since, but he brings good speed and hustle.

Hockey2314

Aug 15, 2017
First pre WC camp roster:

Nominácia SR "A" na tréningový kemp v Piešťanoch a prípravný zápas proti Švédsku v Topoľčanoch (1.-.4.4.2019):

MenoKlubZápasyGóly
BRANKÁRI
Andrej KOŠARIŠŤANHC Nové Zámky30
Július HUDÁČEKSpartak Moskva, (Rus/KHL)420
OBRANCOVIA
Michal ČAJKOVSKÝDynamo Moskva, (Rus./KHL)485
Mário GRMANHC Slovan Bratislava, (Svk/KHL)160
Adam JÁNOŠÍKHC Slovan Bratislava, (Svk/KHL)613
Martin CHOVANHC 07 Detva71
Mislav ROSANDIČMountfield HK (ČR)110
Michal SERSENHC Slovan Bratislava (KHL)1149
Martin ŠTAJNOCHEC Red Bull Salzburg, (Rak./EBEL)220
Peter TRŠKAHC Vítkovice Ridera, (ČR)190
ÚTOČNÍCI
Martin BAKOŠHK Soči, (Svk/KHL)5912
Dávid BUCHC Slovan Bratislava, (Svk/KHL)262
Lukáš CINGELMountfield HK, (ČR)514
Dávid GRÍGERHC Karlovy Vary, (ČR)11
Andrej KUDRNAHC Sparta Praha, (ČR)5212
Tomáš MIKÚŠHC Karlovy Vary, (ČR)10
Adam LIŠKAHC Slovan Bratislava (KHL)20
Ladislav NAGYHC Košice10833
Matej PAULOVIČMountfield HK (ČR)183
Radovan PULIŠHC 07 Detva104
Matúš SUKEĽHC Slovan Bratislava (KHL)140
Radoslav TYBORHC Vítkovice Ridera, (ČR)414
REALIZAČNÝ TÍM
Generálny manažérMiroslav Šatan
ManažérkaZuzana Chrenková
Hlavný trénerCraig Ramsay
Asistent tréneraRóbert Petrovický
Asistent tréneraMichal Handzuš
Tréner brankárovJán Lašák
Video analytikIgor Andrejkovič
Kondičný trénerRóbert Bereš
LekárMUDr. Pavol Lauko
FyzioterapeutVladimír Čavojec
FyzioterapeutAndrej Foltýn
Výstrojový manažérRastislav Ladecký
Výstrojový manažérĽuboš Ondrejka
Média manažérPeter Jánošík
[THEAD] [/THEAD]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[THEAD] [/THEAD]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[THEAD] [/THEAD]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[THEAD] [/THEAD]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
Who will make it from the starting roster?

I would say, Hudacek, Cajkovsky, Bakos and Nagy are in.
Griger as center has also some chance. It is gereally known what is the weakest position for Slovakia in recent years..

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
Corruption, lack of facilities, overall negative demeanour, lack of enthusiasm, lack of effort. You name it we got it over here in Slovakia. Oh yeah and football has become much more popular than before. Plus the people in charge are criminals who would sell their own families out to the commies. Somehow they weren’t “put away” after the regime died.

I've read somewhere before about corruption in the Slovakian hockey federation. Did something in particular happen in the 00s that made that possible? Seems like there was a boom in the late 90s and early 00s where Slovakia pumped out many great players, and then it just changed pretty abruptly.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
The collapse of Communism in 1989 happened. All those great players were still the products of the earlier system. It's the price to pay for freedom, I guess. Much harder to produce great players when any young person is free to do whatever they like, with endless opportunities and distractions that didn't exist under the old regime.

jaro

Mar 31, 2018
Sekera confirm he will play on worlds ! Jaros is injured, there is no decision yet

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Any word on Panik?

Or Budaj if they even want him? Ontario Reign are dead last in their division.

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
Panik has said a while ago that he isn't thinking of the World's at this point and is fully concentrating on getting a better NHL contract. This does not however mean "no", so I suppose we'll find out soon.

We have a solid competition of good goalies that had a good season and our goalie coach Lasak said that only goalies in form will make the roster. I doubt Budaj is in consideration with his .893 .

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
Goalies that might make the final roster
from Europe: Hudacek, Ciliak, Janus, Valent, Godla, Kosaristan
from NHL/AHL: Halak (guaranteed spot if out of playoffs by worlds), Rybar

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
They should go with Hudacek and Rybar, other guys aren't really close even though Slovaks seem to love Čiliak for no apparent reason. Budaj is the relic of the past at this point.

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
They should go with Hudacek and Rybar, other guys aren't really close even though Slovaks seem to love Čiliak for no apparent reason. Budaj is the relic of the past at this point.

I never liked Hudáček in SK jersey though, always underperformed when I watched the game, just as he did last prep game vs Sweden.

Hockey2314

Aug 15, 2017
NOMINÁCIA SLOVENSKEJ HOKEJOVEJ REPREZENTÁCIE NA DRUHÝ TÝŽDEŇ SPOLOČNEJ PRÍPRAVY PRED MS 2019

Brankári: Július Hudáček (Spartak Moskva/KHL), Andrej Košarišťan (HC Nové Zámky), Denis Godla (KalPa Kuopio, Fín)

Obrancovia: Michal Čajkovský (Dinamo Moskva/KHL), Mário Grman (HC Slovan Bratislava/KHL), Patrik Koch (HC Košice), Martin Chovan (HC 07 Detva), Mislav Rosandič (Mountfield Hradec Králové/ČR), Michal Sersen (HC Slovan Bratislava/KHL), Martin Štajnoch (Norimberg Ice Tigers, Nem.), Martin Fehérváry (HV 71, Švéd.)

Útočníci: Martin Bakoš (HK Soči/KHL), Dávid Buc (HC Slovan Bratislava/KHL), Lukáš Cingel (Mountfield Hradec Králové/ČR), Michal Chovan (HKM Zvolen), Milan Kytnár (HKM Zvolen), Rastislav Špirko (HKM Zvolen), Adam Liška (HC Slovan Bratislava/KHL), Patrik Svitana (HK Poprad), Dávid Bondra (HK Poprad), Ladislav Nagy (HC Košice), Matej Paulovič (Mountfield Hradec Králové/ČR), Radovan Puliš (HC 07 Detva), Matúš Sukeľ (HC Slovan Bratislava/KHL), Radoslav Tybor (HC Vítkovice Ridera/ČR)

Reactions: jaro

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
Positive news from Satan, looks like all 4 our NHLers no longer in playoffs are likely coming, with two "open issues to resolve"
- Panik's insurance
- Jaros injury

Sekera, Tatar seem to be locks

Eidyia

Jan 5, 2011
Oulu
Michal Kristof scored a winning goal in the 1st game of the Finnish League finals. I love him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad