WJC: Team Russia 2012

Fulcrum

Heyy !? ... No love for guys like Sergei Barbashev ? Alexander Gogolev ? Pavel Kulikov ? ...

2012 it's far enough to see who's the best of the crop ! But if we have to make the team Now ... We are in trouble ..

My opinion from watching Barbashev play- he is not bad, but not impressive. For his initial hype he is under-performing.

One thing is for sure, there are no clear stand outs for '92 as Tarasenko, Burmi, Kitsyn, Olrov (except Kuznetsov)

Lucky7

Dec 26, 2008
My opinion from watching Barbashev play- he is not bad, but not impressive. For his initial hype he is under-performing.

One thing is for sure, there are no clear stand outs for '92 as Tarasenko, Burmi, Kitsyn, Olrov (except Kuznetsov)

You seems to know your things so I have another question for you ...

A lot of people say that Alexander Avtsin and Nikita Dvurechensky are similar player ... But this year Dvurechensky have 8 pts in 17 MHL games ... ?? That's pretty bad ... Is it because he's in a bad team ? bad teammates ? new role ? just unlucky ? ... In can't understand this .... I think it's not because he just have a bad season ... because he was invited to the WJC ... So ??

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
Eremin I thought was pretty good....Suchkov and Todykov - forget about it...Brashkin for sure has potential, but like I wrote earlier - goalies worry me the most, well and defense - the usual...BTW wasn't there a Russian goalie playing juniors in US somewhere? If yes, what's the scoop on him? Oseledets is a 93 also, but has played pretty well for Red Army.

You mean Chaltsev? He made the camp for Russia-92 last year, but didn't make the cut. He was KHLdrafted then, but didn't report. Then I lost trace of him.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
You seems to know your things so I have another question for you ...

A lot of people say that Alexander Avtsin and Nikita Dvurechensky are similar player ... But this year Dvurechensky have 8 pts in 17 MHL games ... ?? That's pretty bad ... Is it because he's in a bad team ? bad teammates ? new role ? just unlucky ? ... In can't understand this .... I think it's not because he just have a bad season ... because he was invited to the WJC ... So ??

Dvur, is definitely over the MHL - my guess - lack of interest, he's in bad shoes here - Znarok - the coach of the "new" Dynamo seems to be ignoring ALL the young players and Dvur is stuck in limbo between the KHL-VHL-MHL. He should be getting 15 minutes game at the least for Dynamo (Tver) in the VHL.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru

Barbashev was hyped alright, last year started very slow but cought up in the end, made it to the first line of a disappointing U-18 team (92), this year he's doing even worse, but I have only seen one Red Army game this year, so my opinion cannot be credible here.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Yakushev 72

Alessandro,

What is your opinion of '94 born Mikhail Grigorenko? I have read a lot about him. He seems to play in a lot of tournaments with players that are 2 years older than him, and yet he seems to stand out. What do you think?

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
Just like it was mostly '91ers on this year's team, I expect mostly '92ers on next year's team.

And just like this year, expect some unknown players to make it.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Alessandro,

What is your opinion of '94 born Mikhail Grigorenko? I have read a lot about him. He seems to play in a lot of tournaments with players that are 2 years older than him, and yet he seems to stand out. What do you think?

many say he's older, but obviously no proof

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
people are talking just because of jealocy as they sayed about Ovechkin and Kovalchuk before.

I am not so sure...Kovalchuk should be 27, look how fast he's declining, Ovechkin looks way older than his legal age suggest....It's all up in the air, but they do it in Russia and you know it!

Eugene85

Jan 25, 2010
Russia
many say he's older, but obviously no proof
I read many different rumours about him and understood that its just a bull****. Btw the same rumours were about Ovi and Kovy, now about Grigirenko, Yakupov, Dvurechensky, Kitsyn, Nichushkin, Petrov and even about 1997 year born player Ivan Kashtanov, just because he plays for 1995 team and he is very good. So we can state that everybody who plays well in russia automatically becomes "older":laugh:
As far as I know Grigorenko always played with Yakupov on national team and played quite good. If Yakupov is free for Juniors this year Im sure he will play with Grigorenko.

pouskin74*

I am not so sure...Kovalchuk should be 27, look how fast he's declining, Ovechkin looks way older than his legal age suggest....It's all up in the air, but they do it in Russia and you know it!

:laugh: (Kovalchuk declining) what should i say about many other NHL starplayers who arent doing well currently or didnt look good in last year and so on? Ovechkin looks like 35 i would say but dos it means .....?? Mama Ovechkin is very well known in Russia as former member of Team Russia ( basketball) so i dont think its hard to find out when she was pregnant! BTW i had no problem to get in to Nightclubs at age 16, bought strong alcohol at age 17 ... because i look way older!
PS-Alcohol is a psychoactive drug that has a depressant effect. A high blood alcohol content is usually considered to be legal drunkenness because it reduces attention and slows reaction speed. Alcohol can be addictive, and the state of addiction to alcohol is known as alcoholism.:D

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
:laugh: (Kovalchuk declining) what should i say about many other NHL starplayers who arent doing well currently or didnt look good in last year and so on? Ovechkin looks like 35 i would say but dos it means .....?? Mama Ovechkin is very well known in Russia as former member of Team Russia ( basketball) so i dont think its hard to find out when she was pregnant! BTW i had no problem to get in to Nightclubs at age 16, bought strong alcohol at age 17 ... because i look way older!
PS-Alcohol is a psychoactive drug that has a depressant effect. A high blood alcohol content is usually considered to be legal drunkenness because it reduces attention and slows reaction speed. Alcohol can be addictive, and the state of addiction to alcohol is known as alcoholism.:D

Kovalchuk didn't play all that well last year either. I am not claiming anything here, I know who Ovechkin's mom was/is. Just bringing stuff out there, that's it.

Fulcrum

I think the bigger question for next year will be the coach than the players. With the right coach, Russia has enough talent pool to fill one good team every year now, especially with MHL. In fact, they could always do that, however there were always a lot of "passengers" who payed to play. This year they picked the Best and here's the result.

Surely, to average N.A fans there are always unknowns on the Russian team. But to Russian fans, all the players should be more or less known for next year, and its a matter of watching who performs best.

McGuillicuddy

Sep 6, 2005
The interesting part of this year's Russia's team is that the '91-born generation is a very weak prospect pool for them.

There have been far more talented Russian teams in the past, but rarely did those teams play as organized as this one.

Funny you should say that. With the exception of the last 16 minutes, the exact same statement was true of the Canadian team.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
I think the bigger question for next year will be the coach than the players. With the right coach, Russia has enough talent pool to fill one good team every year now, especially with MHL. In fact, they could always do that, however there were always a lot of "passengers" who payed to play. This year they picked the Best and here's the result.

Surely, to average N.A fans there are always unknowns on the Russian team. But to Russian fans, all the players should be more or less known for next year, and its a matter of watching who performs best.

this! the corruption on every level of Russian hockey CANNOT BE FATHOMED BY AN AVERAGE CANADIAN/AMERICAN JOE...

GM17*

saw Galiev vs Halifax on saturday. my **** is he ever slick. Kovalev - slick. Let's hope his work ethic is better

Fulcrum

I can see shades of unfinished work with Galiev, and he is talented. He has SOME technique, he has SOME good positioning awareness and so on... As many scouts brought out- he has a lot of OFF shifts where he tends to float. I think this is what happens when you leave to N.A. at the age that he did (15/16?). He started to develop in one direction, then it switched before he could MASTER the first.

That's just my opinion.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
I can see shades of unfinished work with Galiev, and he is talented. He has SOME technique, he has SOME good positioning awareness and so on... As many scouts brought out- he has a lot of OFF shifts where he tends to float. I think this is what happens when you leave to N.A. at the age that he did (15/16?). He started to develop in one direction, then it switched before he could MASTER the first.

That's just my opinion.

agred, I wrote about it before - a hybrid of two schools without mastering either, that's what happens when kids leave too early

Last edited:

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don

That's just my opinion.

agred, I wrote iti about it before - a hybrid of two schools without mastering either, that's what happens when kids leave too early

Yes....fantastic way of articulating why so few Russians develop properly in the CHL.:handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad