WJC: Team Russia 2012

Dares

May 13, 2009
If i got it right only one player from current squad is eligible to play in next year championship... so any ideas of players which can make the team in 2012??

we know Bragin prefers to work with players he knows (said it himself) therefore all team , except Bobkov being from KHL or MHL

but looks like next year he will have to have a better look at north American leagues as players like Namestnikov, Khokhlachev, Yakupov are one of the top prospects....
how will the 2012 Russian team compare to the gold winning team of 2011??

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
I will write a player who has played at least one game in KHL this season.

Amirov (D,´92) - Lokomotiv
Potekhin (F,´92) - Magnitogorsk
Apalkov (F,´92) - Magnitogorsk
Arzamastsev (D,´92) - Novokuznetsk
Galimov (F,´92) - Neftekhimik
Isangulov (D,´92) - Salavat Yulayev Ufa
Kartaev (F,´92) - Salavat Yulayev Ufa
Zemchenko (F,´92) - Severstal
Zheldakov (D,´92) - Spartak
Palenga (D,´93) - Spartak
Gogolev (F,´92) - Spartak
Shalunov (F,´93) - Traktor
Stepanov (D,´92) - CSKA
Marchenko (D,´92) - CSKA
Lyubimov (F,´92) - CSKA
Gusev (F,´92) - CSKA

And....

Nesterov (D,´93) - Traktor but he has not played a single game in KHL this season
Kucherov (F,´93) - CSKA junior team in MHL, has not played in KHL, but he is at 6th place in points in MHL

and of course Kuznetsov

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Depth wise Russia should be more talented next year...maybe a bit younger, but I hope the 'team' concept won't be lost.

some names off top of my head

forward
Kuznetsov
Namestnikov
Gusev
Yakupov
Khokhlachev
Galiev
Shalunov
Kartaev
Telegin
Kucherov
Kabanov (?)
Grigorenko
Prokhorkin
Lyubimov
Poteikin
Apalkov

defense
Marchenko
Arzamastsev
Nestrov
Antipin
Pedan
Stepanov
Isangulov
Gavrilenko

goal
Makarov
Kostenko

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
The interesting part of this year's Russia's team is that the '91-born generation is a very weak prospect pool for them.

There have been far more talented Russian teams in the past, but rarely did those teams play as organized as this one.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
The interesting part of this year's Russia's team is that the '91-born generation is a very weak prospect pool for them.

There have been far more talented Russian teams in the past, but rarely did those teams play as organized as this one.

yeah, that's true...

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Depth wise Russia should be more talented next year...maybe a bit younger, but I hope the 'team' concept won't be lost.

some names off top of my head

forward
Kuznetsov
Namestnikov
Gusev
Yakupov
Khokhlachev
Galiev
Shalunov
Kartaev
Telegin
Kucherov
Kabanov (?)
Grigorenko
Prokhorkin
Lyubimov
Poteikin
Apalkov

defense
Marchenko
Arzamastsev
Nestrov
Antipin
Pedan
Stepanov
Isangulov
Gavrilenko

goal
Makarov
Kostenko

Kostenko???? no way...Makarov is decent!

BLBarmada

The 2012 Russian team is going to be even better but younger but will have more gamebreakers.

antidotevsk

May 10, 2009
Voskresensk, Russia
according to the prospects posted upwards we surely can add some guys from MHL who are not known right now across the world.
Actually I can see the 1st line
Kuznetsov -Namestnikov- Yakupov
Marchenko- Arsamastsev.

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com

That's very true, but 91 had 4 excellent goalies: Bobkov, Shikin, Garipov, Sadikov.
92 has Kostenko, Suchkov, Todykov, Eremin, Brashkin. This looks pretty much a downgrade so far. Markov is a 93 and he didnt look that solid at the U17s (still better than Suchkov)

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
That's very true, but 91 had 4 excellent goalies: Bobkov, Shikin, Garipov, Sadikov.
92 has Kostenko, Suchkov, Todykov, Eremin, Brashkin. This looks pretty much a downgrade so far. Markov is a 93 and he didnt look that solid at the U17s (still better than Suchkov)

Did you mean Makarov?

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Lol? This year showed that playing in the CHL isn't a free pass to the WJC

For sure I am almost certain the same approach will happen next year again I'm trying to be optimistic. Kuvaev's adjustment to a tough league like the WHL at his age is impressive, would have to think if he continues to play well he'll at least get an invite. Is it true Galchenyuk cannot play for Russia only Belarus or USA?

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru

Eremin I thought was pretty good....Suchkov and Todykov - forget about it...Brashkin for sure has potential, but like I wrote earlier - goalies worry me the most, well and defense - the usual...BTW wasn't there a Russian goalie playing juniors in US somewhere? If yes, what's the scoop on him? Oseledets is a 93 also, but has played pretty well for Red Army.

Fulcrum

It'll be very interesting what the Russian team will look like for next year. At first it appears that Russia will actually have somewhat of a choice, on the other hand - it doesn't seem to be quite as obvious as this year.

Perhaps (not position specific):
Kuznetsov - Namestnikov - Galiev
Gusev - Kartaev - Shalunov
Grigorenko - Prokhorkin - Kucherov - This line seems to good chemistry
Apalkov - Khokhlachev - Yakupov

Def.
Marchenko - Arzamastsev
Isangulov (good size) - Nesterov
Ozhiganov (seems to have an excellent shot)
Stepanov

Goalies are a tough call at this point, unfortunately.

Dares

May 13, 2009
Ivan Telegin , Stanislav Galiev ..... 2 names which didnt make it to the team this year, Telegin cause of injury, if im right, and Galiev who i think should have been on the team.

The 2 of them and Kuznetsov will be the oldest players in next years team, the most mature and experienced guys in my opinion.

Bragin will have no option other than to invite to the team some guys playing in north america as the likes of Telegin ,Galiev, Namestnikov, Khokhlachev are one of the best of their age group.

Lucky7

Dec 26, 2008
Heyy !? ... No love for guys like Sergei Barbashev ? Alexander Gogolev ? Pavel Kulikov ? ...

2012 it's far enough to see who's the best of the crop ! But if we have to make the team Now ... We are in trouble ..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->