Team revenue by game

Discussion in 'Fugu's Business of Hockey Forum' started by viper0220, Apr 27, 2011.

View Users: View Users
  1. viper0220

viper0220 Registered User

Hi, I just wanted to know how much money each team has made in the first round of the 2011 playoffs? Iam thinking the Montreal Canadiens and the Vancouver Canucks were the best ones because of the Canadian dollar. And will that number go up as teams advance further? And also do the playoff teams keep all their playoff revenue or does it go into the pool?:yo:

2. hersky77

hersky77 Registered User

I remember reading or hearing somewhere that the habs make around 2 million for each playoff game they hold.

3. Inker

Inker Registered User

On Team1040 yesterday they mentioned that both Chicago and Vancouver make up to $3 million per home playoff game. However, I believe that there is revenue sharing in the first round so half of the revenue goes to teams that didn't make the playoffs. From the second round onwards all money made in the playoffs goes right to the team.

I could be mistaken though, that's just what I've heard. I havent researched it or anything.

4. Mansfield

Mansfield possession obsession

Computer Programmer
    Dunno what it is for playoffs but the Leafs make the most in the regular season, per game.

5. Ari91

Ari91 Registered User

It never crossed my mind before but now what you bring it up, does playoff revenue count towards revenue sharing?

6. Ari91

Ari91 Registered User

Well, we'll have to make playoffs again someday before we ever find that out, lol.

I think Leafs average 1.5-2 million per regular season game. If Chicago and Vancouver rake in 3 million for playoff games and that's the highest average per playoff game, I'm scared to think of what MLSE would bump up playoff ticket prices to in Toronto if we see the post-season again. I'm a sucker though...I'd probably still hustle to buy a ticket :laugh:

7. alpine4life

alpine4life Registered User

that would be gross I guess. The Chicago Blackhawks had a Net revenue last year of +/-7M USD last year in 11 or 12 home game. I dont see the team that generate the 5th highest (CHI) revenue in the NHL having a Net revenue 30% of the 2nd (MTL)...

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2010/31/hockey-valuations-10_rank.html

8. token grinder

token grinder Facts Get Deleted

the preds siad they make between 800k-1.2 million per playoff game. I guess we make less because of the cheaper ticket prices

9. kdb209

kdb209 Registered User

Playoff revenue is used to fund a portion of Revenue Sharing.

During the Playoff Funding Phase, each playoff team contributes 30-50% of the gate of a hypothetical sold out regular season game for each home playoff game (for arenas > 17,500 capacity, that gate is scaled down bu 17.5K/actual capacity).

However Playoff Revenue is not used to calculate Revenue Sharing distributions or contributions - both are based on Club Gross Preseason and Regular Season Revenues.