Team revenue by game

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Hi, I just wanted to know how much money each team has made in the first round of the 2011 playoffs? Iam thinking the Montreal Canadiens and the Vancouver Canucks were the best ones because of the Canadian dollar. And will that number go up as teams advance further? And also do the playoff teams keep all their playoff revenue or does it go into the pool?:yo:

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
I remember reading or hearing somewhere that the habs make around 2 million for each playoff game they hold.

Inker

Jul 27, 2006
On Team1040 yesterday they mentioned that both Chicago and Vancouver make up to $3 million per home playoff game. However, I believe that there is revenue sharing in the first round so half of the revenue goes to teams that didn't make the playoffs. From the second round onwards all money made in the playoffs goes right to the team.

I could be mistaken though, that's just what I've heard. I havent researched it or anything.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
It never crossed my mind before but now what you bring it up, does playoff revenue count towards revenue sharing?

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Dunno what it is for playoffs but the Leafs make the most in the regular season, per game.

Well, we'll have to make playoffs again someday before we ever find that out, lol.

I think Leafs average 1.5-2 million per regular season game. If Chicago and Vancouver rake in 3 million for playoff games and that's the highest average per playoff game, I'm scared to think of what MLSE would bump up playoff ticket prices to in Toronto if we see the post-season again. I'm a sucker though...I'd probably still hustle to buy a ticket :laugh:

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada

kdb209

Jan 26, 2005
It never crossed my mind before but now what you bring it up, does playoff revenue count towards revenue sharing?

Playoff revenue is used to fund a portion of Revenue Sharing.

During the Playoff Funding Phase, each playoff team contributes 30-50% of the gate of a hypothetical sold out regular season game for each home playoff game (for arenas > 17,500 capacity, that gate is scaled down bu 17.5K/actual capacity).

However Playoff Revenue is not used to calculate Revenue Sharing distributions or contributions - both are based on Club Gross Preseason and Regular Season Revenues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad