team payrolls currently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
www.nhlpa.com/Proposal/NHLPAcomProposal.pdf

That's probably your most accurate source if you want player by player breakdowns. Here's the teams:

Anaheim: 39.9 million (18 signed players)
Atlanta: 24.3 million (21 signed players)
Boston: 28.4 million (11 signed players)
Buffalo: 36.9 million (25 signed players)
Calgary: 30.4 million (22 signed)
Carolina: 28.1 (18)
Chicago: 25.2 (18)
Colorado: 53.0 (25)
Columbus: 27.5 (18)
Dallas: 53.6 (18)
Detroit: 57.1 (21)
Edmonton: 30.8 (22)
Florida: 18.9 (18)
Los Angeles: 35.0 (22)
Minnesota: 28.7 (20)
Montreal: 35.3 (17)
Nashville: 25.9 (19)
New Jersey: 60.9 (24)
New York I: 37.6 (17)
New York R: 41.8 (15)
Ottawa: 41.8 (20)
Philadelphia: 65.9 (24)
Phoenix: 42.0 (28)
Pittsburgh: 14.6 (16)
San Jose: 32.4 (22)
St. Louis: 44.0 (19)
Tampa Bay: 40.6 (20)
Toronto: 61.3 (19)
Vancouver: 43.4 (21)
Washington: 18.3 (14)

Crows*

Just 2 years ago I said that if the Rangers payroll was ever smaller than the Canucks.. ide jump off a bridge.

Nice knowing you everyone... :shakehead

missK

Aug 1, 2002
Lightning country
Visit site
Crows said:
Just 2 years ago I said that if the Rangers payroll was ever smaller than the Canucks.. ide jump off a bridge.

Nice knowing you everyone... :shakehead

Right now the Rangers only have 15 signed to contracts versus Vancouver who has 21 so don't jump yet!!

Munchausen

Easy to see the teams who must secretly hope a hard cap isn't implemented.

I wonder how much leverage they have within the owners group, in case there is nothing moving after a 2nd canceled season, since it is a possibility.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
missK said:
Right now the Rangers only have 15 signed to contracts versus Vancouver who has 21 so don't jump yet!!

Jump my friend jump. The 6 players rangers will sign will all be from there AHL team which none of them will recieve 1 million contract. Players like Ortmeyer , Murray, Moore etc.

oil slick

Feb 6, 2004
FLYLine4LIFE said:
Jump my friend jump. The 6 players rangers will sign will all be from there AHL team which none of them will recieve 1 million contract. Players like Ortmeyer , Murray, Moore etc.

With a 24% rollback, that would put NYR well under the cap I think. Toronto seems to be the team that would suffer the most. Makes those three contracts they offered before the CBA failed more important I guess.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
oil slick said:
With a 24% rollback, that would put NYR well under the cap I think. Toronto seems to be the team that would suffer the most. Makes those three contracts they offered before the CBA failed more important I guess.

I haven't heard much of any talk of a rollback lately.

oil slick

Feb 6, 2004
Brodeur said:
I haven't heard much of any talk of a rollback lately.

I was under the impression it was the starting point of all these proposals. Was I off base?

Motown Beatdown

Need a slump buster
Mar 5, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
oil slick said:
I was under the impression it was the starting point of all these proposals. Was I off base?

For what it's worth, local radio here in Detroit says the newest aka last proposal from the owners does include the players rollback. I dont see how teams like Detroit and Toronto can be under that with the rollback. Heck Detroit will still probably be over anyways.

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
Munchausen said:
Easy to see the teams who must secretly hope a hard cap isn't implemented.

I wonder how much leverage they have within the owners group, in case there is nothing moving after a 2nd canceled season, since it is a possibility.

I think Toronto may not be too happy because everything is going great for them. However the Flyers, via Bob Clarke seem to be in line with the league's stance. The team would have likely bought out John LeClair's $9m if the season were on. Sean Burke's $4m would likely be knocked off the books through trade or buy-out as well. Well so says pre-lockout rumors anyway.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Flyers are still in the midst of cutting salary. LeClair, Amonte and Burke will be gone when the lockout is over. That's around $19M right there.

I can't see anytying without somekind of rollback, or at least time to get under the cap (grandfathering?)

Munchausen

go kim johnsson said:
The Flyers are still in the midst of cutting salary. LeClair, Amonte and Burke will be gone when the lockout is over. That's around $19M right there.

I can't see anytying without somekind of rollback, or at least time to get under the cap (grandfathering?)

I could see a transition period, but I doubt the players would accept a rollback on top of a hard cap. They offered one instead of the other, not in addition.

missK

Aug 1, 2002
Lightning country
Visit site
FLYLine4LIFE said:

Sure those players might not make rookie cap (which is over $1 Mil BTW), but you don't think those guys will make at least $500K each? If so that's another added $3 Million which makes the Rangers salary number higher than Vancouver.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Looks like Dallas is going to be a hollow team like Washington was last year. Big payroll with stars, but little else. no defense and a long shot at being able to compete night in and night out.

On the otherhand, Washington now has $22m between their current $18m and the projected $40M($2m is for insurance and benefits for $42m). With the cap and the new prices, they could be in a position to build a pretty good team.

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Even if there is a 24% roll back anybody you see with a payroll of $52.5 million will be over the cap the NHL is proposing.

Therefore teams in trouble:
Colorado
Dallas
Detroit
New Jersey
NY Rangers
Philadelphia
Toronto

Teams that would have to spend and spend a fortune to hit the minimum, if there is a 24% rollback:

Atlanta
Calgary
Carolina
Chicago
Columbus
Edmonton
Floridao
Minnesota
Nashville
Pittsburgh
San Jose
Washington

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Munchausen said:
I could see a transition period, but I doubt the players would accept a rollback on top of a hard cap. They offered one instead of the other, not in addition.

agreed...if there is a cap, there is not rollback. remember how few NHL players are currently under contract anyway. with half of the players not under contract that rollback was something of a smoke screen anyway.

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Other Dave said:
Jeez I hope none of the Sens get injured. Who are they going to sign for 200k?

Actual player cap is about $40 million, not $42 mllion. Approximately $2.2 million of that 42 million cap does not go towards salary. It goes towards insurance and other expenses.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Those figures are based on this season's payroll.Forget about this season.Look at the commitments for the future and teams are going to make adjustments with buyouts

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I can only assume that this season would be a transition period. Ie, the salary caps/floors would not be enforced for the remainder of this season. Then on July 1st, 2005, the salary cap would be in place. Then by like opening night 2005, the salary floor could then be enforced as well.

Although there was that one report where some NHL official mentioned the possibility of a dispersal draft immediately following a signed CBA.

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Brodeur said:
Although there was that one report where some NHL official mentioned the possibility of a dispersal draft immediately following a signed CBA.

That'd be fine by me:

Pittsburgh: John LeClair
Nashville: Tony Amonte
Carolina: Sean Burke

Then we're all set. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad