Speculation: Team Name Discussion v2.0 (See Post 93)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jun 6, 2016
latest

I'd like something like this

sparkychewbarky

Jan 27, 2012
I'm suspicious.

Seeing will be believing.

I'm with you Bart.

Mr. Foley was pretty definite on Tuesday about there being 4 final options.

Where's the 4th one?

If this was a true "leak", why were there not 4 names.

Let's say that Adidas/NHL "leaked" the 3 runner-ups purposely to send all the speculators on a wild goose chase, while they work away on the actual final name.

It's been done before, (the Ducks leaked logos when working on their new look).

I just don't see how Nighthawks, Desert Hawks or RedHawks is in any way a "win" for Foley.

sparkychewbarky

Jan 27, 2012
That's pretty good insight. Where is the fourth option? Did it disappear since yesterday at noon?

Think about it BB.

Let's say you're Adidas.

You don't want all sorts of people (like myself) putting out concepts that may or may not be better than is actually produced.

It's a "competition" that Adidas would rather avoid.

So...send everyone on a wild goose chase.
Maybe Chris got played.

I still don't think that the winning name has been "leaked".

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Ken just pointed out that Creamer is going off of domain purchases. Perhaps it wasn't leaked at all.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
FWIW, Foley also said today that two more domain names will follow.

Assuming that he was being forthright in his interview on Tuesday where he said the decision was going to be made on a conference call that occurred Wednesday this certainly may be getting people off the scent.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/sports...ame?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Franchise owner Bill Foley said Thursday night that he has registered domain names for the nicknames Red Hawks, Nighthawks and Desert Hawks. Foley said he is close to registering two other names as well.

Jun 6, 2016
This reminds me of the princess bride poisoned drink scene. I know you know that I know you know so I know you know that I know you know.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I don't think this is real. It makes no sense. None of this makes sense.

It's a ****** branding move.
Foley said there was four names and that he'd be the only one that knows.
He confirms the three purchases today and says there's two more (a total of five.)
They're registered under the intellectual property holding company for another corporation (Black Knight IP Holding Company LLC.)

Why do you give the intellectual property of the hockey team (the domain and name) to the corporation's holding company that has little/nothing to do with the hockey team (and is publicly owned.)

He could have very easily set up a company like Foley Hockey IP Holding Company himself for a couple hundred dollars and not intermingled the hockey intellectual property with the corporate intellectual property and also kept people off the scent.

This can't be real. You can kind of forgive the branding mistake and Chicago thing, you can say the corporation was just convenient, you can say he misspoke on Tuesday, you can say Adidas stinks at keeping things secret and leaked, I don't think you can say all of those things and still think it's real.

I'm out.

sparkychewbarky

Jan 27, 2012

He confirms the three purchases today and says there's two more (a total of five.)
They're registered under the intellectual property holding company for another corporation (Black Knight IP Holding Company LLC.)

Why do you give the intellectual property of the hockey team (the domain and name) to the corporation's holding company that has little/nothing to do with the hockey team (and is publicly owned.)

He could have very easily set up a company like Foley Hockey IP Holding Company himself for a couple hundred dollars and not intermingled the hockey intellectual property with the corporate intellectual property and also kept people off the scent.

This can't be real. You can kind of forgive the branding mistake and Chicago thing, you can say the corporation was just convenient, you can say he misspoke on Tuesday, you can say Adidas stinks at keeping things secret and leaked, I don't think you can say all of those things and still think it's real.

I'm out.

Well said...:handclap:

Smoke n' mirrors, BB.

Smoke n' mirrors.

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ
With all of the ex-Capitals hires...

maybe the new name of the franchise should be either...

Las Vegas KnightCaps or NightCaps... :laugh:

Jett Jagaar

Finally!
Nov 15, 2013

I'm out.

I agree with this.

I also think that since Foley got burned by not registering names earlier, he may be going the other way and registering anything and everything that's being considered.
I dunno

Also, I just can not see a scenario where the Blackhawks would be okay with any of those names.

If it is one of those names, I will accept it but they don't thrill me in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad