Team making Smith pick up the tab

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
After two wins in Anaheim and one in Phoenix, I'm surprised the bill wasn't bigger!

My bet for the Pina Colada is Andersson, seeing how good he looks as a lady :laugh:

DarkReign

Jan 30, 2008
Seems kinda cheap if its the entire team.

I think its obvious that it wasnt.

They only ordered like ~6 entrees. So unless a team full of professional athletes (23+) can be content with splitting 6 entrees, I think its safe to assume it wasnt the entire team.

No.

My guess this is a clique Smith hangs with in the room. No one knows who specifically but I doubt vets are rolling topside with rookies.

Spit-balling...

Smith (duh), Andersson, Lashoff and 3-5 others.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
Could have been just the recent Grand Rapids gang getting together.

And what would a Datsyuk have for a cocktail?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Spit-balling...

Smith (duh), Andersson, Lashoff and 3-5 others.

Rookies don't make other rookies pick up the check what you are likely looking at is a third of the order or 1/4 if they made Brunner or Nyquist engage (I doubt Nyquist he hasn't been up making an NHL salary long enough to do this to) but that is why the entrees are missing.

That is at least my guess, you pair each rookie off with four of five guys and go to town. They have enough of them around to do this to. Doubt they just hit Smith up.

BeersHockey

Jun 15, 2011
Chicago, IL
Rookies don't make other rookies pick up the check what you are likely looking at is a third of the order or 1/4 if they made Brunner or Nyquist engage (I doubt Nyquist he hasn't been up making an NHL salary long enough to do this to) but that is why the entrees are missing.

That is at least my guess, you pair each rookie off with four of five guys and go to town. They have enough of them around to do this to. Doubt they just hit Smith up.

It sounds more like a group of guys were sitting down by the pool bombing drinks and when the waitress asked which room they wanted it charged to they gave her Smith's room #. Then Smith shows up and they are like "pay up Rook." They are not wasting rookie dinner on chips, guac and corona poolside.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
It sounds more like a group of guys were sitting down by the pool bombing drinks and when the waitress asked which room they wanted it charged to they gave her Smith's room #. Then Smith shows up and they are like "pay up Rook." They are not wasting rookie dinner on chips, guac and corona poolside.

Could be, was just pointing out this could be a split bill for those question the total. I also doubt Smith was not hanging out with the group of Wings that likes to hang out by the pool and drink. Although we don't know what the Wings told him after Sheahan got caught with his ID. Although the tweet does make it sound like he was a little late to the party or didn't know where the first guys had put the check when they all started.

By the way in this era of identity theft, I really question putting this up on the internet for all to see. Anybody want to know what Smith's signature looks like just found out, always find this amusing when athletes post this kind of stuff, just doesn't strike me as intelligent.

Last edited:

BeersHockey

Jun 15, 2011
Chicago, IL
Could be, was just pointing out this could be a split bill for those question the total. I also doubt Smith was not hanging out with the group of Wings that likes to hang out by the pool and drink. Although we don't know what the Wings told him after Sheahan got caught with his ID.

By the way in this era of identity theft, I really question putting this up on the internet for all to see. Anybody want to know what Smith's signature looks like just found out, always find this amusing when athletes post this kind of stuff, just doesn't strike me as intelligent.

Anyone who wants to know what Smith's signature looks like can just buy it: http://www.dacardworld.com/singles/2011-12-panini-contenders-217-brendan-smith-autograph-800?utm_source=google&utm_medium=base&utm_campaign=Google_Base&adtype=pla&kw={keyword}&gclid=CKSMn-TVnbYCFcw7Mgod2F0AOQ

EDIT: Or just google it, I guess.

Last edited:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
:laugh: yeah, wtf. You can find any athlete's signature anywhere.

In point of fact a lot of athletes are advised to have different signatures for autographs and memorabilia than they use in their personal life. This does seem spot on at least in passing it off but there are slight differences not that it matters.

I know from when he was in Milwaukee and hanging out with some of the team that Pekka Rinne's signature for autographs versus credit cards is wildly different, at least it was back then.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I thought NHL'ers were Pros's and only drank in the offseason?

:laugh: Yeah more alarming is every tab I have ever had has the time stamp when you CLOSE the tab. Quite a few down, what was that a 9AM start at the pool.

It was an off day, nothing hockey related, but if they kept going all day I am guessing an interesting fight and walk through this afternoon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad