Team making Smith pick up the tab

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
By the way on the tweet about the roommate should be happy, I thought they all got separate rooms as part of the new CBA? Curious comment, do we even know who he is rooming with?

BeersHockey

Jun 15, 2011
Chicago, IL
By the way on the tweet about the roommate should be happy, I thought they all got separate rooms as part of the new CBA? Curious comment, do we even know who he is rooming with?

That becomes mandatory next season, but they are supposed to try to accommodate it this season, if possible. But, it only applies to non-entry level players. Smith still on his ELC, gotta room with another noob.

Aug 6, 2012

Honestly that's really dumb. I know its nothing significant but who cared if you have to room with a teammate? It should be 35+ get their own rooms.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
Bert ordered the 27 Coronas.. A grizzly Northern Ontario boy can drink those like water, well pretty much anyone can

37 Corona's.

Even a guy as big as Bert would be on the verge of death if not in a morgue drinking 37 beers in 2 to 3 hours!

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
37 Corona's.

Even a guy as big as Bert would be on the verge of death if not in a morgue drinking 37 beers in 2 to 3 hours!

37 waters would probably do that. That's a ton of liquid. Not sure the human body can handle that much all at once.

loLZokAY

str8 gonger
Apr 11, 2011
Bert is sitting in Detroit somewhere, so that would be an ultimate troll order on the rookie, if he calls that in.

Didn't Bert make the road trip to California? I could see him going back to Detroit after he aggravated his back again though.

Anyways, outstanding to see this. The road is the best time for them to be bonding. Don't have the families and other daily distractions that bind them, in a new location and just have each other to lean on and experience the area. It's the ultimate bonding experience, especially for the rookies to feel more welcomed apart of the club.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
You should introduce 5-8% alc beers over there, that's real beer... I haven't seen any beer in america go past 4.5

I'm Canadian. Our beer is plenty strong.

I live right near the border and the difference in the strength of the beer in America and Canada is pretty crazy.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Manly Beer
stor_Armageddon2.jpg

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
You should introduce 5-8% alc beers over there, that's real beer... I haven't seen any beer in america go past 4.5

Those taste like **** though, Beer taste best between 5-6%, but 7-8 are good ones if you prioritate getting drunk over having a tasty beer and dont wanna waste money.

My question becomes how do you know?

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Because in Sweden they are everywhere. When I've visited America I haven't seen any beer above 4.5alc% (granted i haven't been looking for it like a freak, just casually in nearest stores)

If Beer go above 8 it only tastes alcohol... sucks.

So what you're saying is you've got no knowledge of American beer?

Plenty of 5.0+ alcoholic beers over here. If you didn't look, you wouldn't see them.

CloneHakanPlease*

I thought NHL'ers were Pros's and only drank in the offseason?

If the leauge kicked out what most people would consider alchoholics and cokeheads at least 15% of the good old Canadian boys would be gone.

kuick

Tatar Sauce
Aug 15, 2009
Grand Rapids
Beer above 8% can't taste good, wether they're from japan or america.

Lol.

Tons of microbrews all over the USA and in Michigan. 7-9% is average on most craft beers here and the taste is incredible. Bell's and Founder's are among the best in Michigan.

Don't act like an authority on the subject if you don't know. ;)

hdw

Jul 9, 2006
Stockholm
The history behind that tab isn't that hard to deduce.

Due to the strange and compressed schedule they had a one day gap. Not enough to fly back to Detroit, get some hours and then turn around and fly to SJ.

Instead staff decided to stay in Phoenix and give the players a day off for R'n'R.

Something the players used to hold the annual rookie dinner and use their day off to relax. And obviously they decided that the pool side snack (and assorted beverages) should be included in tab from the night before.

But one question remains.

Which of our Ladies ordered the Piña Colada?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad