Speculation: Team Leadership moving forward

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Obviously not now, but I'd like the next long term captain to be week spoken. I'm that regard, I think we have some good candidates for leadership roles down the road.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Doesn't look likely at all, but if for some reason Manson comes back, that would be the #1 choice for captain for me by far.

Reactions: AngelDuck

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
1651516190833.png

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Personally I don’t consider Fowler or Henrique as locks to be here next year, so it’s a bit hard to say.
You probably should. Between floor issues, a lack of any vet presence and the cap issues with the rest of the league there isn't much reason to think they'd be dealt and that's before factoring in their respective clauses.

Reactions: Hey234

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
Shattenkirk looks like he’s a good leader. He’s always talkin to the younger guys.

He’s also bald, so he could pretend to be Getzlaf.

c4rcy

Power lvls over 9000
Jun 15, 2009
OC, California
What I would like to see:

A's: Fowler, Henrique, Terry

What I expect to see:

A's: Fowler, Silf, Shatt/Grant

I would honestly prefer having letters on people that actually play a good amount of games for us (aka healthy), instead of watching said player get injured and having it rotating around.

Fowler is absolutely the next best leader behind Getz for us but I feel is more of a quiet leader, and has immense respect in the room. Henrique fits a more vocal mold IMO and has served as a captain on various teams. Terry is the future. He's very well spoken and may be the next true heir to Getz - leads primarily by example but may become more vocal as his play commands the respect of the room.

If they were to give a captain out I think it would be 50/50 Fowler and Terry. Fowler has the most playoff experience of the team and knows what it takes to win playoff games (though there have been some tough ones). Terry being the kind of person that can grow into the captaincy as he evolves as a leader. Maybe like the Toews mold, but less serious.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Seeing how passionate Zegras is, I think he definitely is a candidate for it in the future. The Dude just breathes hockey and loves the game so much. Right now it can lead to some dumb plays or situations, but that is quite understandable.

But before that, yeah, Terry is our closest candidate right now and definitely could be suited for a C in the future (1-2 years probably).

Rico is a decent A, I think. But given the teams long-term plans it does not make much sense to give him the C.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Just run 3 A’s, Fowler, Henrique, and Silf. These 3 are going to be the vet support for the kids, hopefully Silf can get healthy, which has been a concern the last two seasons.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad