Speculation: Team Leadership moving forward

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Might as well make a separate thread since the Getzlaf one will be locked soon enough.... I acutally think this is an underrated concern we have with all these kids we have and probably half a new roster.

Who do you guys see as our "C' or our "A's" and who do you think will take over the locker room?

I hope they re-sign Carrick, I think he will be huge he won't get the "C" simply because he isn't a good enough hockey player imo but he helped develop/protect our young kids in the A.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kalv

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
it should go to whoever the players decide deserves it. who fans think should have letters has never made sense to me.
Leadership should go to whoever the players decide?

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Might as well make a separate thread since the Getzlaf one will be locked soon enough.... I acutally think this is an underrated concern we have with all these kids we have and probably half a new roster.

Who do you guys see as our "C' or our "A's" and who do you think will take over the locker room?

I hope they re-sign Carrick, I think he will be huge he won't get the "C" simply because he isn't a good enough hockey player imo but he helped develop/protect our young kids in the A.

I think its a shame we got rid of Des because I could see him with an A on his chest and be a huge locker room presence.

Fowler, Henrique, Silfverberg with letters. Shatty and Grant as rotating As. Surprise guest, Terry. I think he will end up with an A in the near future.

Z will be huge for the locker room but not sure he will or should be a letter guy.
Gibson I feel like is already part of that group.

McT carries himself like a guy who could be Captin one day but wont know until we actually start seeing him on the ice and in interviews.

I get your sentiment with Carrick but I dont see him as a leader as much as I see him as a guy fighting (no pun intended) for a spot.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
I think its a shame we got rid of Des because I could see him with an A on his chest and be a huge locker room presence.

Fowler, Henrique, Silfverberg with letters. Shatty and Grant as rotating As. Surprise guest, Terry. I think he will end up with an A in the near future.

Z will be huge for the locker room but not sure he will or should be a letter guy.
Gibson I feel like is already part of that group.

McT carries himself like a guy who could be Captin one day but wont know until we actually start seeing him on the ice and in interviews.

I get your sentiment with Carrick but I dont see him as a leader as much as I see him as a guy fighting (no pun intended) for a spot.
Go watch interviews of Terry, Zegras, Drysdale in San Diego and how they talk about Carrick. Sounds very familiar to things being said about Geztlaf recently.

Reactions: lwvs84

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
3 A’s. Coach and management decides after consultation with the players. The players won’t listen to a management installed player they don’t respect, and the position shouldn’t just go to the most skilled player on the roster by default.
I think Henrique and Fowler will be givens, I’m not sure Terry is mentally ready but is the best young player for an A. Zegras needs to play a 100’ game before he sniffs a letter. Drysdale needs to focus on being a reliable NHL player.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
3 A’s. Coach and management decides after consultation with the players. The players won’t listen to a management installed player they don’t respect, and the position shouldn’t just go to the most skilled player on the roster by default.
I think Henrique and Fowler will be givens, I’m not sure Terry is mentally ready but is the best young player for an A. Zegras needs to play a 100’ game before he sniffs a letter. Drysdale needs to focus on being a reliable NHL player.
That's how I see it as well.

Carrick would be a good A but isn’t on the ice enough for the C

I don't even see him getting an "A" I just meant his leadership and having him in the locker room.

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Go watch interviews of Terry, Zegras, Drysdale in San Diego and how they talk about Carrick. Sounds very familiar to things being said about Geztlaf recently.

Ill put it this way. I dont think he has the talent to be an everyday player and I to me that doesnt translate to a guy who wears a letter. Now, just a locker room voice and a guy who sticks up for his guys? Sure.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Ill put it this way. I dont think he has the talent to be an everyday player and I to me that doesnt translate to a guy who wears a letter. Now, just a locker room voice and a guy who sticks up for his guys? Sure.
He's #8 in goals on our entire team, and brings toughness (which this team literally has 0 of) I think he is an everyday player at this point.

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
He's #8 in goals on our entire team, and brings toughness (which this team literally has 0 of) I think he is an everyday player at this point.

On team anyone wants to pay to watch... no. On this team right now? Sure! lol

Im not trying to bag on Carrick. Kid has worked his ass of to get where he is and he puts his face on the line to stay in the lineup and stand up for his boys.

But the same things that make him an everyday player right now are exactly whats wrong with this team and need to be addressed by Beeker.

If there is one team I would love to see Beek mold this team after it would be Calgary. They have size, strength and grit, while having speed and skill. Sorry getting off into a completely different topic.

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
I don't think there is a clear cut C on the team right now. However, I think out of everyone, Henrique would be the best C at this point. He has really grown on me this year.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Unless Silf is actually done he's the biggest lock of all IMO. Worn a letter in every game he's played under Eakins and I don't know why that would stop next year unless he's the one stopping.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Will probably be Henrique, Silf, Fowler + 1 of Grant/Terry

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I don't think there is a clear cut C on the team right now. However, I think out of everyone, Henrique would be the best C at this point. He has really grown on me this year.

Rico would be a good interim "C" as he's under contract for two more seasons. Also Rico was team Canada's captain at Worlds recently, earning a gold. That would give some of the youth an additional, potential 164 NHL games to get under their belts. That's if the org wants to give the youths more burn to figure itself out for Captaincy for a decade.

But that would suck b/c Cam has a longer term with the Ducks.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Rico would be a good interim "C" as he's under contract for two more seasons. Also Rico was team Canada's captain at Worlds recently, earning a gold. That would give some of the youth an additional, potential 164 NHL games to get under their belts. That's if the org wants to give the youths more burn to figure itself out for Captaincy for a decade.

But that would suck b/c Cam has a longer term with the Ducks.
That is true, the veterans like Rico/Silf with less years left on contract could be the best options for C because it won't forever block Terry/Zegras/McT from getting the captaincy.

If Zegras/Terry have their eye on becoming captain, it going to Fowler next season would mean they'll be waiting quite a long time for it.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

George Binks

#MakeAnaheimGr8Again
Jul 28, 2012
My guess would be having 3 A’s for Atleast one season. Thinking Fowler, Terry, and maybe Henrique? Don’t see do Zegras getting an A quite yet

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

DigiDuck

More covfefe please.
Jan 11, 2019
Burbank
Henrique, Fowler and Silf are all the obvious As when healthy. If they add more guys for the rotation, Grant and Shatt (if only because of the latter's "veteran" status). I could see Terry be given one at some point due to injuries. He's also a lot more willing to mix it up now that he's got a feel for the league, so that's a good step. Zegras might get one in a few years, but much like Patrick Kane, it's more because of the skill level than that feel of leadership.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad