Team is winning but what's with Anders Lee?

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA
I’m all for standing up for your teammate in the appropriate time and I for one LOVE hockey fights. But I don’t think that was the time and place for that. He took himself out of the game for 17 minutes and got his ass handed to him. There’s something to be said for standing up for your teammates, sure. But there’s also something to be said about taking a clean hit like a man dusting yourself off (or getting stitched up as the case may be) and moving on. It’s one thing if a team was taking liberties all game. That’s not what happened. It was a clean hit and Pelech hit himself with his own stick.

I love Lee and like the fact that he wants to stick up for his teammates but not sure that was the right time to do it. And we have Ross Johnston to do that if need be.
Was It appropriate for Bailey to jump in on that hit on Johnson vs Buffalo? He got a penalty.

My point is, it doesn't matter. You hit us questionably and there will be a response. That is a refreshing change.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I said it when he signed ,worst contract on the team...one dimensional player ,great hands in front of the net but offers nothing else.
Great human off the ice but is probably only worth $3 mil a yr,May score 40 but horrible D and slow skating will give up 50 ,puts teammates in bad defensive position to cover for him and is a turnover machine,pay attention to him ,as soon as he touches the puck the opposing team has it.

In what league is a guy who "may score 40" only worth $3 million? Lee's deficiencies are why he's making what he is instead of making $9+ million per year.

YoureMyBoyLou

Sep 20, 2007
New York, NY
He’s having a great year. He’s everything you would want in a captain. Always battles hard and stands up for his teammates, but also seems like a fun guy off the ice. So happy we extended him.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
I think that Lee is such a physical monster that as teams wear down they just can’t deal with his size. The Isles win by rolling four lines consistently and grinding the other team down with relentless forechecking

Lee is the perfect player for this team, and the perfect captain for this group

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
the only thing with him that i say is a weakness, is his skating.

is he overpaid? a bit, but nothing to jump off of a bridge over.

some were saying that we should expose him.

injCBr.jpg

no, no, no...

Reactions: Barzaltrick

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
He had two bad years before this hopefully so he keeps it up. He along with Beau and Eberle are the wild cards and if two out of those three have a good game the team will win.

We'll se how Lee does in the second half against the big boys. Of his 12 goals this year...

Buffalo 7
NYR 2
New Jersey 1

Last edited:

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
He had two bad years before this hopefully so he keeps it up. He along with Beau and Eberle are the wild cards and if two out of those three have a good game the team will win.

We'll se how Lee does in the second half against the big boys. Of his 12 goals this year...

Buffalo 7
NYR 2
New Jersey 1

7+2+1=12?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad