Team Identity

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Say what you will, but the Sens seem to be building a remarkable team culture and identity on the ice and in the locker room. The team has went out of their way to acquire/draft players who not only exude the type of strong, and fast play we are looking for, but also the attitude and work ethic on the ice and off it as well. It is why I believe we are drafting a lot of players with NHL bloodline; their prior exposure could have values/habits already instilled in them needed to succeed in the league. I truly believe we are seeing what Bryan Murray originally implemented and is being finalized/cemented by Dorion. Bryan Murray was a legend of class, and it is no secret his success can be directed correlated to his people skills and likeability; pillars of what made him our greatest coach all team and brought in some people in UFA who linked Bryan to their decision. Dorion, though his competence can be questioned, seems like a genuine super fan more than anything at times with his exuberant and exaggerated analysis/commentary.

Seeing Jake Sanderson and Kleven celebrate the Tyler Boucher selection. Tkachuk and Norris bffs. Seeing Chabot and others interacting with each other on social media, Mark Stone saying he still watches the Sens games because of his close bond with some of the boys, seeing this:

You gotta think we are building something special here in Ottawa. A physically and mentally tough and skilled hardworking group of players. I am aware pure skill is a vital necessity--and I do not believe we have completely undermined that--but we have tried to link it with other crucial measures of success. As we see in the playoffs, pure skill only takes you so far. Exciting times ahead.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Say what you will, but the Sens seem to be building a remarkable team culture and identity on the ice and in the locker room. The team has went out of their way to acquire/draft players who not only exude the type of strong, and fast play we are looking for, but also the attitude and work ethic on the ice and off it as well. It is why I believe we are drafting a lot of players with NHL bloodline; their prior exposure could have values/habits already instilled in them needed to succeed in the league. I truly believe we are seeing what Bryan Murray originally implemented and is being finalized/cemented by Dorion. Bryan Murray was a legend of class, and it is no secret his success can be directed correlated to his people skills and likeability; pillars of what made him our greatest coach all team and brought in some people in UFA who linked Bryan to their decision. Dorion, though his competence can be questioned, seems like a genuine super fan more than anything at times with his exuberant and exaggerated analysis/commentary.

Seeing Jake Sanderson and Kleven celebrate the Tyler Boucher selection. Tkachuk and Norris bffs. Seeing Chabot and others interacting with each other on social media, Mark Stone saying he still watches the Sens games because of his close bond with some of the boys, seeing this:

You gotta think we are building something special here in Ottawa. A physically and mentally tough and skilled hardworking group of players. I am aware pure skill is a vital necessity--and I do not believe we have completely undermined that--but we have tried to link it with other crucial measures of success. As we see in the playoffs, pure skill only takes you so far. Exciting times ahead.

something special that will start a year tops and probably only last 3-4 years until they hit UFA but god am I going to enjoy those 4 years and hope they get us a cup

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
upload_2021-7-25_19-7-28.png

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
Seems like they’re trying to build something similar to St. Louis when they won the cup. Unfortunately, everything had to go right for the Blues during their cup run and got bounced quick the next couple of years.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
The Sens are building an old school throwback team. It might even develop the same notoriety as the Broad Street Bullies.

Or a combination of the Broad Street Bullies and the Big Bad Bruins.

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
Seems like they’re trying to build something similar to St. Louis when they won the cup. Unfortunately, everything had to go right for the Blues during their cup run and got bounced quick the next couple of years.

Blues cup window was open for a while before their 2019 Cup win.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
One thing I really love is that they’re bringing in guys who are friends or at least familiar with each other. These guys are gonna wanna play hard for each other and hopefully stick around because of this. Hell, we might even become a desired destination for American players lol.

The guys on the team are very clearly invested. Go look at Boucher’s Instagram, half the team is already following him.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I can't find that old image of Michael Jackson surrounded by a bazillion bodyguards, but that's basically going to be Stutzle + crew.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Keep the core together and most importantly keep the Mann duo together to keep cycling in fresh ELC talent to balance out the roster.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Gotta love how you are always the picture of optimism.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com

LA won using a similarly built team.

Ducks were a big physical team that beat us as well. Certainly helped having two HOF on D as well.

Reactions: aragorn

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
It's a good, moderate cost option for a short window of opportunity. The downside, is the window is ridiculously short, because this style of play ages the body fast. But if it hits, you can go on an LA run.

If it doesn't, you're likely going to get stuck in the mud for a while afterwards for a long while (like Nashville).

While it would be super amazing to have a decade long window and exciting hockey...you need tremendous drafting luck like Pittsburgh with Crosby-Malkin....and that really only happens once every couple of decades (coincidentally the last time was Mario-Jagr...f***ing Penguins).

It's a reasonable way to try and win, considering we're a smaller budget team, and don't have sun and sandy beaches year round to entice the spoiled brats in this league.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada

Ducks were a big physical team that beat us as well. Certainly helped having two HOF on D as well.
L.A also had a #1 centre who was elite defensively and could put up ppg numbers plus Jeff Carter on the second line, an elite defensive score and goalie. If that’s what Dorion can deliver, I’m all for it.

Now that I think of it, Norris does really remind me of Carter. Who will be the Sens’ Kopitar? (tank for Wright)

Reactions: DJB

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

I think we are missing some key pieces to compare to either of those teams. Hopefully we can fill those last few spots either by guys exceeding expectations or externally

Reactions: DJB

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad