U18: Team Canada

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England
2022 Men's World Ranking

rankteampointsmovement
1Finland41300
2Canada39900

Sorry, success of the national teams are based on games played, not imagination.

2022 Olympic gold winners .

Reigning World Champions, 2 of the last 3.

Can't deny facts
If you want to console yourself with Finland’s C team beating Canada’s F team at the Skoda tournament, go ahead. Canada has won the last three best on best tournaments and as far as I’m considered that’s the most relevant determinant for best country in the world

Miro4Norris

Jan 24, 2021
If you want to console yourself with Finland’s C team beating Canada’s F team at the Skoda tournament, go ahead. Canada has won the last three best on best tournaments and as far as I’m considered that’s the most relevant determinant for best country in the world
Canada was surely dominating between 2010-2016, 7-13 years ago. Is Blackhawks still the best team in NHL because their wins are from the same time period? Unfortunately, nothing lasts forever. Let the results speak.

Last edited:

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
I caught most of the last half of the game, and I take solace in that it’s utterly impossible for us to come close to replicating that performance. Nobody was skating and the puck play was dreadful to a truly ludicrous degree - we couldn’t make a single clean pass, not one. Doesn’t mean anything and I’ll take the early slap in the face to be sure the team will be alive going forward.

As an aside - you’re never going to make a game competitive after your starting goalie makes 2 saves on his first 7 shots. I didn’t see Bjarnason play today, and he’s an excellent goalie who will probably be the first off the draft board this year, but there’s just no way as a player you’re going to be working hard and fully engaged when you get stuck in that kind of hole.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Didn't watch game. Do you guys think lines needs to get changed. Wonder about Wood , play 3rd line wing, I was hoping he is center

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Aren't you the guy who makes daily threads about Sweden being worse at hockey than East Timor?
I never said that. I said Sweden is on the way to become worse than Germany, Switzerland, Belarus etc.

Are you not the guy who said Erik Karlsson and Rasmus Dahlin are the worst Ds in the entire NHL?

Whatever nation meets Canada next i feel sorry for, the canadian boys are angry.

PecnoTrunk

Dec 20, 2014
I know nothing about this Canadian team but I guess the posters who said this was the best team Canada has ever fielded know less then me

Oh brother

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I know nothing about this Canadian team but I guess the posters who said this was the best team Canada has ever fielded know less then me

Oh brother
Crag Button said this is very strong team with a lot of leadership

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland

Oh brother

you know nothing about this team Canada?... fair i guess..i only recognized two names from team Sweden..

i know most of the Canadian players and followed their seasons..
their this season in numbers

goals : (top 10)

Macklin 46 (50 games) USHL - 2024
Barlow 46 (58 games) OHL
Cristall 39 (52 games) WHL
Lardis 37 (69 games) OHL
Howe 36 (65 games) WHL - 2024
McDonnell 29 (64 games) OHL
Ritchie 24 (59 games) OHL
Catton 23 (63 games WHL - 2024
Halaburda 21 (66 games) WHL
Yakemchuk 19 (67 games) WHL

Cristall 96
Howe 88
Macklin 86
Barlow 79
Dragicevic 75 (68 games) WHL
Lardis 65
Ritchie 59
Catton 55
Bertucci 50 (63 games) OHL
Yakemchuk 47

+ Matthew Woods, NCAA

Maybe i was right that both OHL and WHL are shit this season?
strange that no QMJHL players... probably should have picked

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad