Team Canada selection camp roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
These are my 33 or so invitees to the December selection camp in December.....

Goaltenders

Kevin Nastiuk - WHL
Rejean Beauchemin - WHL
David Shantz - OHL
Ryan Munce - OHL

Defencemen

Brent Burns - AHL
Shaun Belle - WHL
Braydon Coburn - WHL
Dion Phaneuf - WHL
Brent Seabrook - WHL
Cam Barker - WHL
Shea Weber - WHL
Mike Green - WHL
Dany Syvret - OHL
Alexandre Picard - QMJHL
Nathan Saunders - QMJHL
Patrick Coulombe - QMJHL

Forwards

Nathan Horton - AHL
Patrice Bergeron - AHL
Ryan Getzlaf - WHL
Nigel Dawes - WHL
Jeremy Collition - WHL
Eric Fehr - WHL
Andrew Ladd - WHL
Stefan Meyer - WHL
Ryan Stone - WHL
Mike Richards - OHL
Anthony Stewart - OHL
Jeff Carter - OHL
Corey Perry - OHL
Geoff Platt - OHL
Sidney Crosby - QMJHL
MA Pouliot - QMJHL
Stephen Dixon - QMJHL
Alexandre Picard - QMJHL
Alex Bourret - QMJHL

Last edited:

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
1. Looks like Keenan will not be releasing Horton to go to the selection camp

2. No way all of Rogers, Schultz, Fistric, Green and Stephenson get dropped. Most if not all impressed me more at the summer camp than any of the Q or O defensemen.

3. I wouldn't rule out Chipchura or MacArthur getting an invite to camp. Although probably your biggest ommision up front plays for head coach Brent Sutter in Red Deer and that is Colin Fraser.

Last edited:

Kamsa

Jun 18, 2004
Can someone tell me whats the deal with Logan Stephenson, ive never seen him play before. One thing i look at is a guy like Clayton Stoner on the same team who is bigger, has more points, and has a better +- then Stephenson, and is never mentioned.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Isn't Gilbert Brule eligible? If so why didn't he get picked?

As a two-way player I would thought he'd be picked for versatility alone...

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
I could be wrong, but I recall hearing that only 28 players are invited to the final camp. Are you guessing 33 or is that how many get invited?

Sticky*

Flames Draft Watcher said:
1. Looks like Keenan will not be releasing Horton to go to the selection camp

2. No way all of Rogers, Schultz, Fistric and Stephenson get dropped. Most if not all impressed me more at the summer camp than any of the Q or O defensemen.

3. I wouldn't rule out Chipchura or MacArthur getting an invite to camp. Although probably your biggest ommision up front plays for head coach Brent Sutter in Red Deer and that is Colin Fraser.

Um, Keena has absolutely no say in the matter. It was agreed upon that if Horton, Burns, and Bergeron were to be eligible to play in the AHL this year, they woulds have to be realeased for the WJC's. No debate. All three players will be there.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
West19 said:
Brule will be there, hes to good not to get an invite

There is a slight chance he get's an invite, I almost put him on my list, but he doesn't make this team, cuz all that will be left for him will be 4th line duty and that is not where he belongs.

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
Sticky said:
Um, Keena has absolutely no say in the matter. It was agreed upon that if Horton, Burns, and Bergeron were to be eligible to play in the AHL this year, they woulds have to be realeased for the WJC's. No debate. All three players will be there.

The problem being that Hockey Canada does not to take any player not released for the evaluation camp. Horton can be released to play in the WJC's as per the agreement and yet Hockey Canada won't take him unless he participates in the evaluation camp. The Panthers apparently don't want him to miss AHL time at such a camp and therefore it looks like he won't go.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Geoff Platt??

He's a very good junior player but I don't want him anywhere near this camp.

There are more then a handful of players I'd want at this camp ahead of him, from the likes of Gilbert Brule, Kyle Chipchura, Clarke Macarthur, Evan Mcgrath, Ryan O Marra, Travis Zajac, Dan Bertram.....etc

Eb0la11

Aug 28, 2004
Calgary
Is this THEE list so far? Or is it just someones guess? As for Flames Draft Watcher, I am also from Calgary (assuming you are too by your name) and I respect alot of your posts since joining these boards but the one about Mike Green being the best dman at the evaluation camps 3 months back or so, I thought he played pretty bad to be honest. Hes pretty small and made alot of outlet passes that were well off the mark. I actually came to that camp to look at about 10 guys (well all of them, but 10 in particular) and Mike Green was one of them and he didnt impress me. As for Fistric being good at that camp, Id have to agree, he didnt take heat from any of the guys there and played with a chip on his shoulder which is nice for defence I think. Phaneuf was the best there hands down and anyone who was ACTUALLY at the camp who disagrees with me and calls me a homer needs to recieve some brain surgery cause it didnt take much to give him the honours as best dman there. Mind you Id also have to agree with the statement on Rogers, he played really well at the camp too, threw some huge hits. Bigger than any Dion threw... Schultz was alright.

X-SHARKIE

HabLover said:
These are my 33 or so invitees to the December selection camp in December.....

Goaltenders

Kevin Nastiuk - WHL
Rejean Beauchemin - WHL
David Shantz - OHL
Ryan Munce - OHL

Defencemen

Brent Burns - AHL
Shaun Belle - WHL
Braydon Coburn - WHL
Dion Phaneuf - WHL
Brent Seabrook - WHL
Cam Barker - WHL
Shea Weber - WHL
Mike Green - WHL
Dany Syvret - OHL
Alexandre Picard - QMJHL
Nathan Saunders - QMJHL
Patrick Coulombe - QMJHL

Forwards

Nathan Horton - AHL
Patrice Bergeron - AHL
Ryan Getzlaf - WHL
Nigel Dawes - WHL
Jeremy Collition - WHL
Eric Fehr - WHL
Andrew Ladd - WHL
Stefan Meyer - WHL
Ryan Stone - WHL
Mike Richards - OHL
Anthony Stewart - OHL
Jeff Carter - OHL
Corey Perry - OHL
Geoff Platt - OHL
Sidney Crosby - QMJHL
MA Pouliot - QMJHL
Stephen Dixon - QMJHL
Alexandre Picard - QMJHL
Alex Bourret - QMJHL

Steve Bernier leff off with guys like Platt? Meyer? Ladd? Dixon? on it? He is going to be invited.

bossy22

Mar 14, 2004
Calgary
Flames Draft Watcher said:
The problem being that Hockey Canada does not to take any player not released for the evaluation camp. Horton can be released to play in the WJC's as per the agreement and yet Hockey Canada won't take him unless he participates in the evaluation camp. The Panthers apparently don't want him to miss AHL time at such a camp and therefore it looks like he won't go.

This report indicates that Keenan is having a say on Horton's release.

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/news_story.asp?id=104876

This one says if Horton's not at the camp he won't play.

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/news_story.asp?ID=104793&hubName=world_jrs

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
agree with some posters, brule and chipchura SHOULD be there, and hopefully will..

i'd love a line of pouliot/crosby/brule

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
andora said:
agree with some posters, brule and chipchura SHOULD be there, and hopefully will..

i'd love a line of pouliot/crosby/brule
Benoit Pouliot or Marc-Antoine Pouliot? I'd love Marc-Antoine to make the team (he's really suffered some unfortunate setbacks the past few seasons)... he's back on track offensively and he offers a number of valuable intangibles including leadership and good faceoff ability. I think he'd have a great shot at the team if it was an ordinary year for the World Juniors. Unfortunately, it's not an ordinary year and guys like Bergeron, Horton (possibly) and Carter will make the roster with no NHL season.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
pei fan said:
What are they going to do with Patrick Columbe on the team?Mascot?

Defensively, Canada is very tight. LOL...He could be a waterboy or towel boy?

But seriously, this has been a big debate because Burns now plays defense but there is so many good ones, are they going to let him play?

Reilly311

Give me the reason you put Geoff Platt on that list other than the fact he leads the OHL in goal scoring. He's a good player, but will get eaten in the tournament if he's makes it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad