Pre-Game Talk: Team Canada in the IIHF Worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Yeah, I'm watching, though I've only seen the Czech Republic's games. Past few years Canada just cruises through the group stage, there's hardly any point in watching really :) France has been performing well so far, happy for Da Costa :D

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Watch out for Stefan Da Costa for France, could be a prospect for the Sens......

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Yeah, I'm watching, though I've only seen the Czech Republic's games. Past few years Canada just cruises through the group stage, there's hardly any point in watching really :) France has been performing well so far, happy for Da Costa :D

Watch out for Stefan Da Costa for France, could be a prospect for the Sens......

:cry::cry::cry:

Pro-management post incoming, telling us Da Costa is crap, he had his chance and blew it, and to get over it.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
:cry::cry::cry:

Pro-management post incoming, telling us Da Costa is crap, he had his chance and blew it, and to get over it.

I mean... the job of management is not to make Da Costa successful. It's to build a good team and he wasn't doing anything to really help with that.

Why was he given no chances anywhere else? You guys love to talk about all the great organizations that focus on analytics and all the cups they won with this approach. Why didn't any of them? Justin Schultz got a second chance for instance before I hear about how Ottawa ruined Da Costa.

I don't wish him bad luck but it's tiresome to constantly hear about former roleplayers for the Sens and what a mistake it was to let them go while you selectively ignore Brassard's analytics or complain when we add roleplayers.

As for the IIHF WHC - I don't really care because there are no Sens and especially no Sens on Team Canada. It's not the Olympics which Bettman should let players go to.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Tyson Barrie pre game ritual.

giphy.gif

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I mean... the job of management is not to make Da Costa successful. It's to build a good team and he wasn't doing anything to really help with that.

Why was he given no chances anywhere else? You guys love to talk about all the great organizations that focus on analytics and all the cups they won with this approach. Why didn't any of them? Justin Schultz got a second chance for instance before I hear about how Ottawa ruined Da Costa.

I don't wish him bad luck but it's tiresome to constantly hear about former roleplayers for the Sens and what a mistake it was to let them go while you selectively ignore Brassard's analytics or complain when we add roleplayers.

As for the IIHF WHC - I don't really care because there are no Sens and especially no Sens on Team Canada. It's not the Olympics which Bettman should let players go to.

Good post! :handclap: Another small skilled AHL or European player who couldn't cut it in the NHL, end of story.

Now that Da Costa is UFA I'm hoping he signs with Vegas and lights it up.

There are going to be an awful lot of distractions for hockey players in Vegas, I'm going to bet someone gets caught doing something they should not be doing during the season & seriously reprimanded sooner or later in Vegas. Young rich men in SIN CITY, what could possibly go wrong? :laugh:

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Da Costa had 3a and scored TWICE in the shootout to lead his team in a 4-3 OT win against Belarus.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I don't care if he ever had NHL impact he will always be one of my favourite prospects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad