Team Canada Hlinka-Gretzky Roster Predictions

NordiquesForeva

May 30, 2022
Frankie Marrelli might be a surprise but I thought he played better down the stretch and in the playoffs than his more highly-regarded defense partner, Henry Mews. Nevertheless, the two played together on the same pairing the entire season so it’ll be good to have one defense pairing with chemistry in a short tournament.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Apart from Boisvert I can’t think of any other USHL players worthy of consideration (Celebrini apparently is hurt)
Boisvert is the big one. Michael Hage and Keith McInnis are plenty talented for the team also - they were just injured. Hage In particular is a top-15 talent for the 2024 draft, and showed it in a short sample size at the end of the year.

Reactions: Dominance

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria
No Hage, Celebrini, or Boisvert is sad. No McKenna is really unfortunate. No Sennecke is just dumb.

Still a deadly good team.

Agreed on all counts, and while it stinks that this roster could have been better, it will still be a fun team to watch.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
No Hage, Celebrini, or Boisvert is sad. No McKenna is really unfortunate. No Sennecke is just dumb.

Still a deadly good team.

I think Hockey Canada made the right call re: McKernna. I can see the reasoning behind it. He is still only 15 and hasn't played a U17 tournament yet. It is rare for Hockey Canada to name underage players to the Hlinka roster. Misa made it, both 07s, but he is almost a year older and has played a U17 tournament; and he played well. Hopefully McKenna, Misa and Sennecke will be on the U18 team in April.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
I think Hockey Canada made the right call re: McKernna. I can see the reasoning behind it. He is still only 15 and hasn't played a U17 tournament yet. It is rare for Hockey Canada to name underage players to the Hlinka roster. Misa made it, both 07s, but he is almost a year older and has played a U17 tournament; and he played well. Hopefully McKenna, Misa and Sennecke will be on the U18 team in April.

With the Saginaw Spirit hosting the Memorial Cup, there's very little chance that Misa is on that U18 team.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
With the Saginaw Spirit hosting the Memorial Cup, there's very little chance that Misa is on that U18 team.

Right. I forgot about Mem Cup hosts next year. So, no chance Misa is on the team, Oh well. c'est la vie!

mrshootthepuck

Jun 30, 2023
Let’s see some lineup predictions.

Gavin - Catton - Martone
Misa - Lindstrom - Massé
Wetsch - Josephson - Ritchie
Greentree - McQueen - Poirier

Dickinson - Mews
Marrelli - Elick
Danford - Parekh

D'Aigle
Leenders

Leadership group they usually go 1 from OHL, QMJHL and WHL. The safe bets for letters are probably Dickinson and Lindstrom.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Gavin - Catton - Martone
Misa - Lindstrom - Massé
Wetsch - Josephson - Ritchie
Greentree - McQueen - Poirier

Dickinson - Mews
Marrelli - Elick
Danford - Parekh

D'Aigle
Leenders

Leadership group they usually go 1 from OHL, QMJHL and WHL. The safe bets for letters are probably Dickinson and Lindstrom.

Our problem won't be D then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad