Leenders
Cowan

Captain: Celebrini

Alternate: Catton
Alternate: Lindstrom
Alternate: Mews

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Yakemchuk, Thibodeau and Howe were born in 2005.

You forget all the players born after September 15, 2006 and many of them are better than some guys on your list (D'aigle, Gavin, Spence, Zonnon, McQueen). D'Aigle takes the position of starting goalkeeper for sure.

If the best 2007 are selected, Misa and McKenna will be there for sure.

For me

F

Celebrini
Misa
McKenna
Gavin
Catton
Sennecke
Massé
Lindstrom
Spence
Zonnon
Ritchie
Boisvert
McQueen
Martone

D

Mews
Dickinson
Elick
Howell
Lavoie
Parekh
Virgilio

G

D'Aigle
?

Last edited:

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Has Iginla agreed to play for Canada internationally?
He played for Canada in the U17 tournament. But I think it will be difficult for him to get a place in the Canada team. I had him in the 14th man before taking him off and I must have missed more physical prospects who will be favored to play in defensive roles.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
How would posters rate Bedard / Celebrini / Mckenna / Misa ?

Let's assume Bedard is an 8 on a scale of 1 to 10, what would the others rate?

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Bedard is generational. Of the other 3, I think Celebrini is franchise level, McKenna and Misa I would consider first line elite
What is greater, "franchise" or "first line elite"? I'm going to assume "franchise" - correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited:

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Bedard is generational. Of the other 3, I think Celebrini is franchise level, McKenna and Misa I would consider first line elite

I think that's way too ahead of time to compare them. But McKenna is certainly the closest to Bedard, maybe better at 25. Celebrini might be a better franchise player than both in terms of winning cups as he's more 2 way oriented.

Bedard (2023)
McKenna (2026)

Celebrini (2024)

Misa (2025)
Roobroeck (2026) <== this guy should also be in that conversation.

Last edited:

paul-laus

Jun 20, 2007
I know that this is off topic and probably should be in another thread but does anyone know if TSN will be televising the Hlinka Gretzky Cup this year? They didn’t the last time that the tournament was held in Europe but that may have been a byproduct more of Canada not participating due to COVID…

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
I know that this is off topic and probably should be in another thread but does anyone know if TSN will be televising the Hlinka Gretzky Cup this year? They didn’t the last time that the tournament was held in Europe but that may have been a byproduct more of Canada not participating due to COVID…
I hope so.

I really enjoyed last years tournament. Was first time watching.

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria
Last edited:
Reactions: wetcoast

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
This is my guess at the roster, assuming they are bold and bring a couple high-end 2007s. Lines are basically total guesses.

Last Cuts: Caswell, Poirier, Hodnett, Villeneuve, McQueen, Woo, Leenders

Tough cuts on this team, not going to lie. I could definitely see good arguments for most of the cuts.
I really can't see Martone being scratched. He was 26th in U-18 scoring this year as an underager, and they didn't even select McKenna, Gavin, Spence, Masse, Ritchie, Sennecke, Greentree or Lindstrom for that team despite them being available. He was also the highest scoring Canadian at the U-17, which Hockey Canada puts a lot of stock in.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dominance

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
This team looks on a level lower than the HGC team of last year which was stacked even without Bedard, hopefully making for some more balanced outings in the group. I’ll hopefully get to the games live so should be fun to see Misa

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
Pretty surprised by Sennecke’s omission, but it’s typical Hockey Canada fashion. Clearly they wanted some role players as per usual.

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria
Looking forward to watching this team play, I think it should be quite a strong team. My guess is there are 10+ future 1st round picks on the roster, and that's more than last years team had.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad