Team Canada at the WJHC next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigAl

Oct 3, 2002
Visit site
Does anyone want to take a shot at what they think the team might consist of for next year. The team will obviously have many fresh faces, with only Crosby and Barker eligilble to return. However it is possible that there will be no NHL again next year, so those 2 may still be on the team. I think Bourret and Brule are locks to make the team, but I wanted to get some opinions on who else will be on the squad.

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
It was mentioned during the final that Crosby would likely play in Europe or for Canada's national team if there was no NHL next season, thus making him ineligible for the World Juniors. I'd think Pouliot would play next year.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Andrew_11 said:
It was mentioned during the final that Crosby would likely play in Europe or for Canada's national team if there was no NHL next season, thus making him ineligible for the World Juniors. I'd think Pouliot would play next year.

If there is no NHL, Crosby should and will most likely be there next year in Vancouver, whether he is playing in Europe or with the National team. I'm sure having him released for the WJC wouldn't be a problem. Ovechkin and Malkin were here this year.

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
Latendresse should be a lock as well, unless his injury affects him that much.

I'd like the goaltending tandem to be Dubnyk and Ellis-Plante.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
kmad said:
Latendresse should be a lock as well, unless his injury affects him that much.

I'd like the goaltending tandem to be Dubnyk and Ellis-Plante.

I don't know about that, you may see Carey Price there with Dubnyk, but obviously time will tell. Price just won U18 gold this past summer and having him return the year after would be great, but again, time will tell and they will go with the best two.

BigAl

Oct 3, 2002
Visit site
So....does anyone feel up to actually taking a shot at what their team might look like? I know it is way too early...but i think it would be fun.

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
Here's a go:

Forwards- 13 of:
Setoguchi
Brule
Boyd
Chipchura
Durand
McArdle
Bertram
Cogliano
Bolland
McGrath
Wolski
Ryder
Downie
Bass
Chucko
Versteeg
Little
O'Marra
Blunden
B. Pouliot
Bourret
Latendresse
Crosby

DF- any 7 of:
Barker
Schultz
Rogers
Fistric
Russell
Mikkelson
Parent
Staal
O'Neill
Bourdon
Paquet
Sigalet
McNeill

Goalies- any 2 of
Ellis-Plante
Vincent
Levassuer
Dubnyk
Price
Shantz
Peters

Last edited:

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
If Levasseur is supposedly a top 15 pick this year, shouldn't he be considered? The last post is the first one who's mentioned him alongside WJC candidate.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
cujorulz said:
could Picard(CBJ) be on the team?
I was just going to ask that. He's one of my favorite prospects. Another is Mikkelson, barring injury he should pretty much be a lock right?

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
If Kris Russell continues to put up the numbers he is he should be there in 2006 or 2007.. he's a little on the small side but Canada usually has no problem taking a smaller D who can quarterback the powerplay.. EG Ian White, Greg Hawood

Petes1

Oct 26, 2002
GagneOwnsYou said:
Versteeg-Lytwyn? You must be joking

If you're replying steblick it's Kris Versteeg in Lethbridge.

trahans99 said:
Bolland, Brule, Wolski, Shantz, Bobby Ryan from the O

Brule is in the WHL, Shantz isn't even the starter on Mississauga and Ryan is American.

Kugel

Oct 16, 2003
Ontario, Canada
i will give it a shot to name the team now....what the hell...i will see how well i do.

FORWARDS:

Latendresse - Crosby - Durand
Cogliano - Bertram - Brule
O'Marra - Little - Wolski
Bolland - Chipchura - Chucko
McGrath
* not sure if crosby will be there or not. also is zajac available? and i know there are alot of centres on the team.

DEF

Barker- Green
Fistric - O'Neil
Schultz - Staal
Paquet

GOALIES

Levasseur
Price

let me know what u guys think of it....

Reilly311

Kugel said:
i will give it a shot to name the team now....what the hell...i will see how well i do.

FORWARDS:

Latendresse - Crosby - Durand
Cogliano - Bertram - Brule
O'Marra - Little - Wolski
Bolland - Chipchura - Chucko
McGrath
* not sure if crosby will be there or not. also is zajac available? and i know there are alot of centres on the team.

DEF

Barker- Green
Fistric - O'Neil
Schultz - Staal
Paquet

GOALIES

Levasseur
Price

let me know what u guys think of it....

Brule might be brought in right away too.

edit: we don't care about your lines, what we care about is the girl in your avatar. Please post more pics or PM me sets.

meds09

Jan 14, 2004
You have Chipchura on the fourth line? This guy would of made the team this year and will be next year's captain.

W Jets fan

Jun 14, 2004
I would think Parent from Guelph would make it on D. He was team Ontario captain at the U-17
and captain for the U-18 gold metal team. :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad