WC: Team Canada 2024

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
Team USA first 15 players released, how often do they release before us?

I like our players so far, but I think we need at least one more top pairing D-man, and two more top liners to add to Bedard. 🤞

Reactions: jj cale

Playmaker82

May 2, 2023
Norway
CAN has around 12-13 names we already know, so hopefully they also will let out around 15 (or more) in the next days or so. But I guess they wait for the big fish (Crosby?) and some other pieces. Because where as USA already had their Top 9-ish and Top 4 ready today, my guess is that its not the case with CAN. Centaintly not if Huberdeau and Mangiapane has declined. Adding that Guhle is unsure with his injury, they have some puzzles to fix.

McCANN - (Crosby) - BEDARD
(Mangiapane/Crouse) - COZENS - (Huberdeau/Tippett)
MERCER - (Newhook) - (Guenther/Zary)
TANEV - (Frost/Greig) - (Bunting/Fabbri)

+ Some young guns in CELEBRINI, Fantilli, Foerster, Benson?

BYRAM - PARAYKO
POWER - (GUHLE)
OLEKSIAK - (Sanheim/Zellweger)
(Severson - Walman)

BINNINGTON

But yeah, the longer it takes before something is announced, the "weaker" the team probably will be.

Last edited:

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
CAN has around 12-13 names we already know, so hopefully they also will let out around 15 (or more) in the next days or so. But I guess they wait for the big fish (Crosby?) and some other pieces. Because where as USA already had their Top 9-ish and Top 4 ready today, my guess is that its not the case with CAN. Centaintly not if Huberdeau and Mangiapane has declined. Adding that Guhle is unsure with his injury, they have some puzzles to fix.

McCANN - Mr X (Crosby) - BEDARD
Mr X (Mangiapane/Crouse) - COZENS - Mr X (Huberdeau/Tippett)
MERCER - Mr X (Newhook) - Mr X (Guenther/Zary)
TANEV - Mr X (Frost/Greig) - Mr X (Bunting/Fabbri)

+ Some young guns in CELEBRINI, Fantilli, Foerster, Benson?

BYRAM - PARAYKO
POWER - (GUHLE)
OLEKSIAK - Mr X (Sanheim/Zellweger)
(Severson - Walman)

BINNINGTON

But yeah, the longer it takes before something is announced, the "weaker" the team probably will be.
Good job but what is with all the "Mr. X"s? LOL. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Playmaker82

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
Things are not going well for Dallas. Some potential names coming out of that team:

F:
Wyatt Johnston
Jamie Benn
Tyler Seguin
Matt Duchene
Ty Dellandrea
Mason Marchment

D:
Thomas Harley
Chris Tanev

G:
Scott Wedgewood

Oettinger would be a boost for Team USA in goal.

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
Things are not going well for Dallas. Some potential names coming out of that team:

F:
Wyatt Johnston
Jamie Benn
Tyler Seguin
Matt Duchene
Ty Dellandrea
Mason Marchment

D:
Thomas Harley
Chris Tanev

G:
Scott Wedgewood

Some nice reinforcements for Team Finland as well, or Jason Robertson for USA

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
Any news about Crosby, Huberdeau or Mangiapane?

All of them got an invite, but didn't respond yet.

Great99

Apr 12, 2016
Any news about Crosby, Huberdeau or Mangiapane?

All of them got an invite, but didn't respond yet.
Huberdeau Mangiapane both declined, i read an article a week ago where a local reporter, said only 1 flame is going , i think he is from Slovakia

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
Huberdeau Mangiapane both declined, i read an article a week ago where a local reporter, said only 1 flame is going , i think he is from Slovakia
Do you have a link, please? I need a source for my article in Czech, thanks.

MatBarzal

Apr 26, 2022
This news appeared even before Mangiapane and Huberdeau received invitations

Playmaker82

May 2, 2023
Norway
I have not seen any confirmed declines from those two. I did see the news article mentioned though, but im not so sure that was written after Huberdeau and Mangiapane had evt declined. Cause nobody else has picked it up, and those two names is not mentioned in the article.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018

F:
Wyatt Johnston
Jamie Benn
Tyler Seguin
Matt Duchene
Ty Dellandrea
Mason Marchment

D:
Thomas Harley
Chris Tanev

G:
Scott Wedgewood

Don't forget Stankoven and Bourque.

Reactions: ameselare

Playmaker82

May 2, 2023
Norway
Especially Stankoven and Johnston would have been nice. Benn, Seguin and Duchene as well, but I dont have high hopes there.

MatBarzal

Apr 26, 2022
Recently, it was reported that Canada was transferred to Prague, and the United States to Ostrava. Apparently the Czechs are trying to influence the composition of Canada.

Playmaker82

May 2, 2023
Norway
That is correct. First US was in Prague and Canada in Ostrava. But a few weeks later they changed. And Canada "promised" to go with a good squad. But this was about 8 months a go.

Reactions: MatBarzal

Great99

Apr 12, 2016
Coaching staff announced.

I remember Evason from my childhood, when he was spoked on at the tv in Denmark at the worlds, Canada only have players that are not good enough for NHL, or amateur or college players . Still Canada always played for the top 4 . So everytime canada did not win , i said! Canada never had their best players

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
Don't forget Stankoven and Bourque.
I think Bourque is playing for their AHL squad right now. You're right on Stankoven but if the Stars lose in Round 1 they might send him down as well - I think he was recalled post-trade deadline.

Of course this doesn't matter if the Texas Stars are eliminated from the Calder Cup playoffs as well.

Reactions: Playmaker82

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad