Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Lambos AINEC??? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'm crying here. I'll take the tempo pushing, up-ice thinking Ceulemans every day of the week over Lambos. I think a lot of the reason why people fawn over Lambos is because he's physically mature- not sure if that will matter in 4 years time.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
As if any of us have ever suggested taking Lambos lmfao, was this rigged?

I’m on the Ceulemans train as far as defensemen go. I voted Räty because that’s who I think we’re taking.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box

I’m on the Ceulemans train as far as defensemen go. I voted Räty because that’s who I think we’re taking.

I probably would have suggested if I'd have seen him more, only really the 1 game of his on youtube and no tournaments to watch. Certainly seems like a guy I'd like based on his tools, approach and what I've read about him. I have a tough time separating Lambos and Ceulemans, I'm not really gonna bet on one vs the other.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA

Speculation, but considering Raty's trajectory, I bet he doesn't go before the late (25+) first round. Why draft a guy who is disappointing in his progress when every other prospect is likely improving? I think it would be a huge risk for a team to draft him, it makes you look extra bad if he doesn't turn out well, so you'd have to justify it by using a less valuable pick. If he were there in the 2nd round, he's probably worth taking a shot on, so I'd expect he gets taken by a lottery team at that point, just to mitigate the risk. Could be totally wrong on this one, but NHL GMs are not known for their risk-taking as a group.

Edit: Wild have 21 and 24, so I could see them doing it. Drafting for need in the NHL draft is dumb, but Raty does rate as a center and they need one, so it make some sense, assuming they like him. Columbus has 5, 23, and something between 28-31 so presumably they're another reasonable choice.

Last edited:

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Speculation, but considering Raty's trajectory, I bet he doesn't go before the late (25+) first round. Why draft a guy who is disappointing in his progress when every other prospect is likely improving? I think it would be a huge risk for a team to draft him, it makes you look extra bad if he doesn't turn out well, so you'd have to justify it by using a less valuable pick. If he were there in the 2nd round, he's probably worth taking a shot on, so I'd expect he gets taken by a lottery team at that point, just to mitigate the risk. Could be totally wrong on this one, but NHL GMs are not known for their risk-taking as a group.

Edit: Wild have 21 and 24, so I could see them doing it. Drafting for need in the NHL draft is dumb, but Raty does rate as a center and they need one, so it make some sense, assuming they like him. Columbus has 5, 23, and something between 28-31 so presumably they're another reasonable choice.

Feel like I heard this exact sentiment about Joe Veleno and Jakob Chychrun

The thing you have to remember is these clubs aren’t all parallel in their draft evaluations.

Some teams may still value Räty and his ability to dominate lower leagues

Reactions: LT

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
Feel like I heard this exact sentiment about Joe Veleno and Jakob Chychrun

The thing you have to remember is these clubs aren’t all parallel in their draft evaluations.

Some teams may still value Räty and his ability to dominate lower leagues

Hasn't really seemed to do that since the 2018/2019 season either. Just stat watching here, but the production in the Finnish U20 league is pretty mediocre by legit NHL prospect standard. I mean, teams can pick whoever they want, but I don't think that's accurate.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Raty is more of a Liljegren where his stock is legitimately dropping and he seems to be actively regressing as a prospect.

Veleno, Chychrun, Couturier - these were guys who didn’t really show a ton of improvement in their D-1 seasons, but that could be attributed to not really having much room for it.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Raty is more of a Liljegren where his stock is legitimately dropping and he seems to be actively regressing as a prospect.

Veleno, Chychrun, Couturier - these were guys who didn’t really show a ton of improvement in their D-1 seasons, but that could be attributed to not really having much room for it.

I don’t agree with the notion that he’s regressing.

If we’re going to weigh his point production heavily in this conversation, I think he deserves a mulligan at least for the previous season due to the craziness of covid.

I’m not saying his stock hasn’t gone down, and I’m not saying he’s a lock to play in the big leagues. My main point is if you’ve watched Räty in action enough, there’s no denying he has the highest ceiling in the draft. His skill is off the charts when he’s on his game.

Räty’s hockey IQ will be his undoing. That’s something that definitely separates him from the others you mentioned. Doesn’t have the brain for the game those do

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad