HF Habs: Team Board Mock Draft

Who will the Habs pick?

• Thomas Bordeleau, C, Univ. of Michigan (NCAA)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tyson Foerster, C, Barrie Colts (OHL)

• Helge Grans, D, Malmö Redhawks (SHL)

• Marat Khusnutdinov, C, SKA-1946 St. Petersburg (MHL)

• Theodor Niederbach, C/LW, Frölunda HC (SHL)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
One thing I liked about the Scherbak and Caufield picks is at least we went for offensive talent in a forward.

Timmins has used too many high picks on forwards with very limited offensive upside. Ex: Chipchura, LaPierre, McCarron, De la Rose. Hopefully Poehlingbisn't another one.
Completely agree. They don’t hit often but when they do, you get a 1st line player which we haven’t drafted in lord knows how long. It’s great to get the value guys in later rounds, but if I was picking, 1st rounders would be almost exclusively top end talent, even if they had warts to their game. That’s what coaching and development is supposed to fix with young players but innate skill cannot be taught.

In Lapierre’s case, it’s recent injuries that have dropped him down the line. So there is certainly more risk their. But given his elite level skill, I think the risk is worth the reward especially that we have a stocked prospect pool and a large number of picks where we can take less “risky/safer” players in the 2nd round and beyond.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Trade the pick for a winger like Rakell. Don't waste good years left from Price/Weber and ELC/Bridge years of Suzuki, KK, Romanov, Caufield. Focusing on futures only is not a bad plan but we are loaded with futures and the 16th pick is one big waive of talent from 13-31+. We can afford to dig in the futures a bit.

My favorite moves are 16th and Brook for Rakell and then flip Domi to the Jets for the 10th pick. Then take Quinn, Holtz, or Askarov.

Reactions: 1000eeer

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
If we're keeping the pick, I'll take Holloway. Bigger, hard to play against, not afraid of the dirty areas while able to chip in offensively.... We need more of these guys

Reactions: dralaf

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Honestly, it's such a crapshoot after 11-12 OA (realistically 8 OA), that I would either trade up or simply trade the pick away and get help now.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
"We have a trade to announce. The Montreal Canadiens trade the 16th overall pick in 2020 to..........fill in the blank.
The Montreal Canadiens trade the 16th pick, the 47th and 48th pick, Max Domi and Josh Brook to the Winnipeg Jets for RW Patrick Laine
:)

Reactions: CHarlie

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
They dont really have the cap space to trade the 16th pick for a player without sending salary back. It will be Domi involved for any winger trade.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I feel Gunler only scores like Tkachuk or in net presence, could be interesting. But he is not gonna shoot from a one timer or the point.
Thsts precisely what we need esp when we have a bunch of good one timers already in the system

jabes

Jul 3, 2013
Halifax, NS
I clicked Lapierre but I meant to click Bourque. This could be something Bergevin does on draft day though so I’ll leave it be.

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
Gunler : Scores in front of the net the most, I can see a Tkachuk
Holloway: Sweet strides, good edge, fast, strong, scores with different shots and net presence. Good shot. Not a bad playmaker either.

But Gunler destroyed a lot of record in Sweden, But Holloway combination of Speed + strength is really impressive.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I will be happy with a lot of players: Bourque, Mercer, Gunler, Holloway and Reichel. Any of those 5 guys and I'm perfectly fine with it. Hoping that my evaluation of Holloway's offense will be the same as my perception of Brady Thachuk's offense...which was....totally off.

But even if it's less explosive than the others, he will most definately bring something else to this team. That would be really fun to watch progress.

Lapierre is fine for me. Wouldn't hate it. But he's not top 5 on that list.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad