HF Habs: Team Board Mock Draft

Who will the Habs pick?

• Thomas Bordeleau, C, Univ. of Michigan (NCAA)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tyson Foerster, C, Barrie Colts (OHL)

• Helge Grans, D, Malmö Redhawks (SHL)

• Marat Khusnutdinov, C, SKA-1946 St. Petersburg (MHL)

• Theodor Niederbach, C/LW, Frölunda HC (SHL)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
A series of polls for the forthcoming draft. Picks will be decided by vote.

Results Thread

PLEASE ONLY VOTE IF YOU ARE A FAN OF THE TEAM PICKING!

1 day poll

Awarding the Rangers the obvious first pick and they have another 1st so they'll be able to participate.

:rangers#1 Alexis Lafrenière, LW, Rimouski Océanic (QMJHL) Default

:kings#2 Quinton Byfield, C, Sudbury Wolves (OHL)

:sens#3 Tim Stützle, C, Adler Mannheim (DEL)

:wings#4 Cole Perfetti, C, Saginaw Spirit (OHL)

:sens#5 Lucas Raymond, RW/LW, Frölunda HC (SHL)

:ducks#6 Marco Rossi, C, Ottawa 67's (OHL)

:devils#7
Jamie Drysdale, D, Erie Otters (OHL)

:sabres#8 Anton Lundell, C, HIFK (Liiga)

:wild#9 Alexander Holtz, RW, Djurgårdens IF (SHL)

:jets#10 Jake Sanderson, D, Univ. of North Dakota (NCAA)

:nashville#11 Jack Quinn, RW, Ottawa 67's (OHL)

:panthers#12 Kaiden Guhle, D, Prince Albert Raiders (WHL)

:canes#13 Yaroslav Askarov, G, SKA-Neva St. Petersburg (VHL)

:edmonton#14 Seth Jarvis, RW, Portland Winterhawks (WHL)

:leafs #15 Braden Schneider, D, Brandon Wheat Kings (WHL)

:habs #16 Dawson Mercer, RW, Chicoutimi Saguenéens (QMJHL)

Last edited:

habsfan92

Jun 5, 2005
winnipeg
Holloway, too low an offensive ceiling. Don’t want another 3rd liner. Mercer is it. Gunler is interesting though.

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
not Mercer for me. Not enough potential.

between Holloway and Gunler. One has elite skating and one has elite shot. Still can't decide.

DiglettDangles

Feb 15, 2020
Montreal
It's not this thread's point but in this scenario I'd definitely pay the 56th pick to trade up with EDM at 14 to pick Jarvis.

Otherwise at 16 for me it's between Gunler, Bourque and Mercer and I still can't decide.
I think Bourque is the one from that list that the Habs have the highest chance of developing properly, while displaying a very good shot which is one of our U21 needs. That said I'd be very happy with any of the 3, and would be okay with Holloway or Reichel as well.

Reactions: Mrb1p and domiwroze

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
It's not this thread's point but in this scenario I'd definitely pay the 56th pick to trade up with EDM at 14 to pick Jarvis.

Otherwise at 16 for me it's between Gunler, Bourque and Mercer and I still can't decide.
I think Bourque is the one from that list that the Habs have the highest chance of developing properly, while displaying a very good shot which is one of our U21 needs. That said I'd be very happy with any of the 3, and would be okay with Holloway or Reichel as well.

copy pasta for the most part.
Holloway
Gunler
Mercer
Reichel
Bourque
In that order. I'd say that Holloway is the safest bet but still has a pretty interesting ceiling. NCAA with the possibility of a canceled season is a red flag for me tho. Could hurt a lot of prospect's development.

voted holloway but I hope that university will update their plans before the draft.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Some nice choices here. Mercer, Gunler, maybe Amirov(don't know too much about him)...maybe Lapierre. Not a big Holloway fan, but playing in the NCAA pre draft is really hard. Speed is always welcome, but the player should have a bit of heft to him. No lightweights!

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Hockey IQ alone can make a player good, and Reichel is a brainiac with an intriguing skillset. I take him. Gunler and Holloway are the other two options.

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I pick Mercer with honorable mention To Amirov. We need wingers with skill. Would have loved Jarvis but I can also see why he is off the board.

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
My pick in this situation would be Barron.

None of the remaining forwards move the needle. And I'm willing to forgive his performance returning from a blood clot to a team in absolute shambles because of his upside and his performance as a 16 year old.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
My pick in this situation would be Barron.

None of the remaining forwards move the needle. And I'm willing to forgive his performance returning from a blood clot to a team in absolute shambles because of his upside and his performance as a 16 year old.
I expect Barron to be one of the biggest risers on draft day, has he played yet in preseason?

Went with Bourque as I think he’s the best scorer left

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Torn between Halloway and Lapierre but voted for Lapierre. Injuries obviously the biggest concern but his skill level is top 5 in this draft. Tired of always going for the safe pick so went for the home run swing. Betting his resilience as a young man can get him through these injuries and he can have a healthy productive career. Barring injuries he’d almost certainly go too 10 and was thought of as a top 5 pick until his injuries prevented him from playing much this past year.

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
"We have a trade to announce. The Montreal Canadiens trade the 16th overall pick in 2020 to..........fill in the blank.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Torn between Halloway and Lapierre but voted for Lapierre. Injuries obviously the biggest concern but his skill level is top 5 in this draft. Tired of always going for the safe pick so went for the home run swing. Betting his resilience as a young man can get him through these injuries and he can have a healthy productive career. Barring injuries he’d almost certainly go too 10 and was thought of as a top 5 pick until his injuries prevented him from playing much this past year.

One thing I liked about the Scherbak and Caufield picks is at least we went for offensive talent in a forward.

Timmins has used too many high picks on forwards with very limited offensive upside. Ex: Chipchura, LaPierre, McCarron, De la Rose. Hopefully Poehlingbisn't another one.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad