Prospect Info: Team Board Mock Draft

Who will the Buds Pick?

• Thomas Bordeleau, C, Univ. of Michigan (NCAA)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tyson Foerster, C, Barrie Colts (OHL)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
A series of polls for the forthcoming draft. Picks will be decided by vote.

Results Thread

PLEASE ONLY VOTE IF YOU ARE A FAN OF THE TEAM PICKING!

1 day poll

Awarding the Rangers the obvious first pick and they have another 1st so they'll be able to participate.

:rangers#1 Alexis Lafrenière, LW, Rimouski Océanic (QMJHL) Default

:kings#2 Quinton Byfield, C, Sudbury Wolves (OHL)

:sens#3 Tim Stützle, C, Adler Mannheim (DEL)

:wings#4 Cole Perfetti, C, Saginaw Spirit (OHL)

:sens#5 Lucas Raymond, RW/LW, Frölunda HC (SHL)

:ducks#6 Marco Rossi, C, Ottawa 67's (OHL)

:devils#7
Jamie Drysdale, D, Erie Otters (OHL)

:sabres#8 Anton Lundell, C, HIFK (Liiga)

:wild#9 Alexander Holtz, RW, Djurgårdens IF (SHL)

:jets#10 Jake Sanderson, D, Univ. of North Dakota (NCAA)

:nashville#11 Jack Quinn, RW, Ottawa 67's (OHL)

:panthers#12 Kaiden Guhle, D, Prince Albert Raiders (WHL)

:canes#13 Yaroslav Askarov, G, SKA-Neva St. Petersburg (VHL)

:edmonton#14 Seth Jarvis, RW, Portland Winterhawks (WHL)

:leafs #15 Braden Schneider, D, Brandon Wheat Kings (WHL)

Last edited:

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
I really can't vote. The top 13 (+Guhle) went and it gets murky here. I don't have anyone I really love. Probably Holloway or Zary but I don't know much about them. I'd probably want a trade down here too.

Either way, we all know Schneider is winning this.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
In this scenario I would want one of (Mercer, Gunler, Holloway or Zary) not Schneider. Schneider is the type to trade down for.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
I think Lapierre, Bourque, and Reichel are the three best players on the board here, but this would be a pretty suboptimal way for the first 14 to play out. I would try to trade down at all costs and pick up more 2nds and early 3rds. Luckily we can likely count on a couple GMs shooting themselves in the foot and leaving a top 10 player on the board for us.

TheBigFour

Apr 17, 2019
a lot of votes for Schneider... i guess we are really desperate for the RHD ehh.

i chose Mercer..
damn Edmonton for choosing jarvis...

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Schnieder is just a given here. Not even like I can say there's a runaway BPA that we'd have to take instead. Especially if the next best person here is Mercer a RW. BPA is great to keep in mind, but unless you are actually planning on trading Nylander or Marner that's just a guy you are going to trade....to get a first round pick like the Kapanen deal. Might as well draft someone you might actually use.

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I think the Leafs trade down if these are the choices. I would say Mercer is BPA by a slight amount, but Schneider and Zary fits more of a need. There just is not enough of a clear option to warrant a selecting here and I would see if there is a team who likes a guy a lot.

Just because I need to pick someone, I will pick Mercer.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Trade down and see if you can scoop up Reichel, Brisson, Grans or Wallinder with a late first.

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
Voted Zary but if that is all who is on the board I prefer the trade down option and take one of them while gaining a 2nd rounder.

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
I think the Leafs trade down if these are the choices. I would say Mercer is BPA by a slight amount, but Schneider and Zary fits more of a need. There just is not enough of a clear option to warrant a selecting here and I would see if there is a team who likes a guy a lot.

Just because I need to pick someone, I will pick Mercer.

Mercer can play center. He could replace Kerfoot as the 3C or one of Nylander or Marner on the right side. On the other hand the RHD slot is of critical need.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
It really does feel like a decent drop off after 14. Not sure why any team would trade up with us is the problem.

Reactions: kb

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Trying to trade down seems like the right thing to do here.. don't understand the Braden Schneider love, he isn't playing a significant role for a while (if at all). Draft the BPA, not the positional need.

If we land Petro, and Sandin and Liljegren workout, then what? Our D in 2-3 years will be.

Rielly - Petro
Muzzin - Liljegren
Sandin - X

So we drafted Schneider (who isn't the BPA) to fill a need we no longer have.

Draft BPA and try to fill positional need via trade/free agency

chamchibap

Jun 15, 2018
I think Perreault has a really high ceiling and could learn to compete more consistently in a lineup with Tavares and really surprise people. Wonder if the Leafs can trade down and still grab him if top 14 draft picks played out like this in real life.
I wouldn’t mind swinging for the fences on this one!

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
Lukas Reichel, but would probably trade back in this case. Jarvis going at 14 would feel awful.

Panthers fans actually voted to take Guhle at 12? Wow.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Although it’s only two spots but it feels like the 13th pick would have given the leafs a real shot of getting a higher upside player. Wouldn’t at all be surprised if Askarov goes top 10. He is by far my first choice.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
We as a board have collectively failed making Schneider our choice. :facepalm:

I'd be screaming for Dubas to trade down if this is what happened. Huge kick in the nuts having Jarvis and Askarov off the board right before us.

Pretending we are picking, I'd be happy taking any of Mercer, Khusnutdinov, Gunler, Amirov, or Reichel.

Gonna go with Khusnutdinov because he's my favourite.

Reactions: Mitch nylander

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
We as a board have collectively failed making Schneider our choice. :facepalm:

I'd be screaming for Dubas to trade down if this is what happened. Huge kick in the nuts having Jarvis and Askarov off the board right before us.

Pretending we are picking, I'd be happy taking any of Mercer, Khusnutdinov, Gunler, Amirov, or Reichel.

Gonna go with Khusnutdinov because he's my favourite.
I'm not going to say Schneider isn't the BPA, cause I don't know. But I've read from enough sources/publications to suggest he isn't at this spot. If Dubas takes him here I will trust his decision that he felt he took the BPA.

But as a collective, this was essentially seeing the position, size and having local media recently hype him up. Fits a need for sure. Easy to want. I get it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad