Prospect Info: Team Board Mock Draft

Who should the Penguins pick?

• Simon Holmstrom, RW, HV71 (SHL)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ryan Johnson, Sioux Falls (USHL Minnesota commit)

• Brett Leason, C, Prince Albert (WHL)

• Connor McMichael, C, (London OHL)

• Jakob Pelletier, LW, Moncton (QMJHL)

• Samuel Poulin, LW, Sherbrooke (QMJHL)

• Philip Tomasino, C, Niagra (OHL)

• Alex Vlasic, D, USNTP (BU Commit)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Fan vote draft that will go through each team's board.

Two Day Poll.

Please only vote for a player if you are an Yinnzer fan.

Who should the Pens pick at #20?

1. :devils Jack Hughes, C, USNTP 88.6%

2. :rangers Kappo Kakko, RW, TPS 94.0%

3. :hawksBowen Byram, D, Vancouver (WHL) 63.2%

4. :avs Dylan Cozens, C, Lethbridge (WHL) 32.6%

5. :kings Alex Turcotte, C, USNTP (Wisconsin Commit) 48.5%

6.:wingsKirby Dach, C, Saskatoon (WHL)

7. :sabresPeyton Krebs, C, Kootenay (WHL)

8.:edmonton Trevor Zegras, C, USNTP (BU Commit)

9.:ducks2 Matthew Boldy, LW, USNTP (BC Commit)

10. :nucksVasili Podkolzin, RW, SKA (KHL)

11. :flyers Cole Caufield, RW, USNTP (Wisco Commit)

12. :wildAlex Newhook, C, Victoria (BCHL, BC Commit)

13. :panthersVictor Soderstrom, D, Brynas IF (SHL)

14. :coyotesArthur Kaliyev, LW, Hamilton (OHL)

15. :habs Ville Heinola, D, Lukko (Liiga)

16. :avs Spencer Knight, G, USNTP (BC Commit)

17. :vegas Philip Broberg, D, AIK (Allesvenskan)

18. :starsRyan Suzuki, C, Barrie (OHL)

19. :sens Moritz Seider, D, Mannheim (DEL)

20. :rangersCam York, D, USNTP (BC Commit)

21. :pensRaphael Lavoie, C, Halifax (QMJHL)

22. :kings :dunno:

Link to the results thread

Last edited:

Burn

Mar 24, 2018
Brink and its not even close for me.

Always wanted transitional wingers around Crosby and Malkin and this kid brings that.

Very Oshie like and the best thing about him is even though he has high end skill and IQ... He tracks down and hounds the puck.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Lavoie seems the obvious choice to me there, but I'm gonna wait and see what other people say before committing my vote.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Lavoie seems to be the highest rated player on that list from what I've seen, I voted Harley but Lavoie would also be fine. Some scouting reports say that Harley is a hard hitting OFD in the Ristolainen mold, which would be a really nice addition to this blueline IMO.

Reactions: Dominance

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Pretty tough choice when you need D so bad and have Lavoie, Dorofeyev and Brink still on the board.

Ultimately for me it comes down to Harley, Lavoie, Brink and maybe Dorofeyev(he's a really slick player).

Any of them would be fine imo.
Had a favorite, i'd probably go Lavoie or Brink...
I'll take a few minutes then select.

ETA: Went with Brink.

Last edited:
Reactions: Burn

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
out of who's left... Harley would be my choice.....every player at this point will have a wart or two. Harleys warts should be easy fix's. imo and his upside is off the chart.

Last edited:

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Pretty tough choice when you need D so bad and have Lavoie still on the board.

Ultimately for me it comes down to Harley, Lavoie, Brink and maybe Dorofeyev(he's a really slick player).

Any of them would be fine imo.
Had a favorite, i'd probably go Lavoie or Brink...
I'll take a few minutes then select.

ETA: Went with Brink.

Looking at the team needs and the names on the board, I definitely back Rutherford getting that 2nd 1st rounder.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Totally fine with going any of the guys i mentioned.
One thing to remember with Lavoie, he's one of the oldest players in this draft.

With the D available here tho(Harley, Robertson and lower), the BPA is a forward so i'd 100% go with a F.

And yea, it'd be super nice to:

a) get 2 picks in the first 21.
b) get 2 picks in the top 45.
c) get 2 picks in the 1st Rd. and use one to acquire something really sweet like Trouba's RFA rights as an example...

Reactions: Peat

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Lavoie seems the obvious choice to me there, but I'm gonna wait and see what other people say before committing my vote.

There’s really nothing too wrong with Lavoie and he seems to make sense.. but I’ve just got this bad gut feeling on him. Even with his playoff explosion, something about him scares me.

I will say the nice thing with Lavoie is you can fast track him to the NHL if you want.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Of that list, you go Lavoie pretty easily.

Brink #2 on that list.

If you can get Arizona's first and grab Kaliyev, LW, Hamilton, that would be a home run draft.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
There’s really nothing too wrong with Lavoie and he seems to make sense.. but I’ve just got this bad gut feeling on him. Even with his playoff explosion, something about him scares me.

I will say the nice thing with Lavoie is you can fast track him to the NHL if you want.

Only thing i can comfortably say with Lavoie is he'd be a tier above what Sprong was so thats certainly a plus if they did select him.

This mock tho, I can easily see Harley, Lavoie and maybe a Dorofeyev going before #21 so there'll probably be someone like a York, Heinola or Seider available.

Really all depends if theres a run on D-Men or not.
The F's are solid in this draft but do teams pick thru the D quickly before #21 or is it very F heavy...
Probably how Allvin is gonna plan this out if the pick is kept, of course.
If theres a run on D before 21, he most definitely will have a fave forward.
If the top 20 is very forward heavy, he most definitely will have a fave D-Man.
Someones most likely dropping in this particular mock from the top 20 to being available @ 21.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

I wasn't all that high on him until recently either tbh - hence me holding off on my vote!

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

He is a year older than most. With the added size, he SHOULD be doing as well as hes doing. The leap of faith is whether he continues that trend into the NHL. But thats with any prospect.

Lavoie or Brink, went Lavoie because he seems more NHL ready.

Indeed. If Im not mistaken, Brink is committed to college. We need a guy wanting the NHL asap. I dont think a 3-4 project is the right route.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I don’t think Lavoie is going to be a particularly good NHL player...go with someone who has the best upside...

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
I don’t think Lavoie is going to be a particularly good NHL player...go with someone who has the best upside...
And why is that? He got all the attributes to become a superstar, nevermind an NHL player.

Speed he's got. Also has size, good puck protection, elite shot and good stick handling. And on top of that a responsible two-way game. What's not to like?

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Indeed. If Im not mistaken, Brink is committed to college. We need a guy wanting the NHL asap. I dont think a 3-4 project is the right route.

Ask him in the interview whether he's thinking he'll be there for 1 year or 4.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
And why is that? He got all the attributes to become a superstar, nevermind an NHL player.

Speed he's got. Also has size, good puck protection, elite shot and good stick handling. And on top of that a responsible two-way game. What's not to like?
......when you have 6 in. and 30 lbs over the guy your playing against,
(wont have that in the nhl) you should put up great no. in the q. (and he didn't) takes too long to get moving, not the best foot speed. he has looked better lately maybe he just needed to let his coordination catch up to his growth.:dunno:

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
......when you have 6 in. and 30 lbs over the guy your playing against,
(wont have that in the nhl) you should put up great no. in the q. (and he didn't) takes too long to get moving, not the best foot speed. he has looked better lately maybe he just needed to let his coordination catch up to his growth.:dunno:
Idk he looks pretty fast to me. And let's be honest, most NHLers will be smaller than he is. It's not the 90's anymore. He's looked very dominant in the memorial cup so far.

That said, a safer pick would be Thomas Harley.

Last edited:

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Idk he looks pretty fast to me. And let's be honest, most NHLers will be smaller than he is. It's not the 90's anymore. He's looked very dominant in the memorial cup so far.
yes, but not that much. and he has looked good lately. and if it continues the hab's will grab him before we do.:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad