Prospect Info: Team Board Mock Draft

:confused:

• Matthew Boldy, LW, USNTP (BC Commit)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cole Caufield, RW, USNTP (Wisco Commit)

• Spencer Knight, G, USNTP (BC Commit)

• Raphael Lavoie, C, Halifax (QMJHL)

• Alex Newhook, C, Victoria (BCHL, BC Commit)

• Victor Soderstrom, D, Brynas IF (SHL)

• Ryan Suzuki, C, Barrie (OHL)

• Cam York, D, USNTP (BC Commit)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
I took Krebs. I like that he’s a CHL guy, so doesn’t have the risk of not coming over like Podz. Krebs is the best player on a crap team and has put up points in every situation. He’s also going to the U18s, and I believe the favorite at #5 for the Kings, Kirby Dach, isn’t.

Dach shows uneven point production and plays on a team with a bunch of good players this year. I don’t like Turcottes injury history coupled with what I think are inflated stats on a fake team full of ringers. Plus, the NCAA guys also run the risk of turning into UFAs right after college.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Should we not take NCAA players because of Wheeler (former 5th overal), Schultz, J. Johnson, Butcher, Kerfoot, Vesey, Hayes, F. Andersen, etc?
It's a legitimate concern. (Russuans) especially one who can't come over for a couple of years and has said he'll come over when hes ready. Now if Turcotte said hey L.A. dont draft me then sure go with someone else.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
I took Krebs. I like that he’s a CHL guy, so doesn’t have the risk of not coming over like Podz. Krebs is the best player on a crap team and has put up points in every situation. He’s also going to the U18s, and I believe the favorite at #5 for the Kings, Kirby Dach, isn’t.

Dach shows uneven point production and plays on a team with a bunch of good players this year. I don’t like Turcottes injury history coupled with what I think are inflated stats on a fake team full of ringers. Plus, the NCAA guys also run the risk of turning into UFAs right after college.

Dach likely was not part of the U18 setup for Canada as his team was in the playoffs and recently eliminated (Sunday, I believe).

Not sure about uneven point production as he is doing what a kid supposed to do in junior with his talent which is get markedly better every season.

10 points (year 1), 46 points (year 2) and 73 points, this season. Not sure what more you could ask for from the kid.

WHL Network

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
Went with Dach, I am fully convinced that he will end up being the best player from this draft class. He oozes potential.

Reactions: Basilisk

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Krebs is the best player on a crap team and has put up points in every situation.
This hasn't been mentioned enough. All the other top WHL prospects played on excellent teams with lots of supporting talent.

Krebs' Kootenay Ice team was dreadful. They only won 13 games. Being in that situation would hurt anyone's production.

Krebs is also a dedicated backcheker who's commited to playing D. He's wasn't cherry picking to get points. He's aggresive and plays with an edge (nearly lead the team in PIM). When he played at the U17 his production was on par with all the the other top prospects on the team.

CanadianKingsFan14

Jan 19, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Turcotte is who the Kings should draft at 5. He's the best 2 way forward in the draft plus he's also offensively gifted and has speed which the Kings need desperately. The injury he had this season was nothing to worry about. If he wasn't injured at the beginning of the season he would be in the top 3. I'm not sold on Dach and he's slow.

Reactions: Peter James Bond II

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Turcotte is who the Kings should draft at 5. He's the best 2 way forward in the draft plus he's also offensively gifted and has speed which the Kings need desperately. The injury he had this season was nothing to worry about. If he wasn't injured at the beginning of the season he would be in the top 3. I'm not sold on Dach and he's slow.

Agreed. From watching much footage of Cozens and Dach, Cozens is a better skater and by a good margin. He's also put up better
numbers the last 2 years. While Dach had 7 goals last year, Cozens had 22 and was rookie of the year in the WHL.
And he went on to lead Lethbridge in scoring and had 9 more goals than Dach. Cozens 56 goals last 2 yrs and Dach 32.
I know it only matters how good both of them are now, and their upside.

I would take Turcotte over both of them. I would take Cozens over Dach and possibly Zegras or Krebs over him as well.
Dach is big and has a power game, but wonder how his skating projects at next level. He may well be a decent NHL player.
I trust Yanetti and staff to make the best choice. They've done pretty well last 4 drafts in rounds 1-2. And unearthed
Mikey Anderson in RD 4 two yrs ago. 2015 - no 1st rd, 2nd Cernak. 2016 no 1st rd. 2nd Clague 2017 1- Vilardi 2-JAD
2018 1 Kupari 2 - Thomas. Pretty solid. So, I expect them to do well with 5, 26 (apx) and 33. Even at 64.

COZENS

2017-18
3.png
Lethbridge Hurricanes
WHL5722315320-6|Playoffs167613143
31.png
Canada Red U17
WHC-1761670 |
2018-19
3.png
Lethbridge Hurricanes
WHL683450843032|Playoffs74482-2
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

DACH

2017-18
3.png
Saskatoon Blades
WHL527394612-10|
31.png
Canada Black U17
WHC-1751672 |
2018-19
3.png
Saskatoon Blades
WHL622548734015|Playoffs105386-1
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
They've done pretty well last 4 drafts in rounds 1-2. And unearthed
Mikey Anderson in RD 4 two yrs ago. 2015 - no 1st rd, 2nd Cernak. 2016 no 1st rd. 2nd Clague 2017

....And speaking of Cernak and Clague....... lol, did we trade the wrong one? Not many peeps speak of the AHL's Clague anymore. Meanwhile, Cernak's already in the NHL.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
....And speaking of Cernak and Clague....... lol, did we trade the wrong one? Not many peeps speak of the AHL's Clague anymore. Meanwhile, Cernak's already in the NHL.
Different styles obviously but Clague needed refinement in his own end while Cernak was always a high upside guy with top 4 potential but was viewed as slow-ish with attitude issues...
Kale Clague is much better than Walker and Roy and benefitted from playing big minutes in Ontario rather than getting dicked by WD40...
Expect him to make his debut this season and likely stay up for good!
Really good at moving the puck, really nice skater, accurate shot from the point, a PP QB (which we lack) and would benefit from playing alongside either Doughty or Amart!

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
Voted Turcotte but really hoping for Byram , Chicago is the key if they pick the local kid (Turcotte) who by most accounts is the BPA without the risk of not coming over , and Colorado gets the center Cozens you can see they need for depth to become the elite team they are close to already that would leave Byram or either Krebs or Zegras for us , which is a hell of s piece going forward

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
I believe the favorite at #5 for the Kings, Kirby Dach, isn’t.

He was invited, but declined because he was a bit banged up from his playoff run that just ended a couple of days ago. Krebs, who you mentioned would be in the U-18's, was confirmed already because he was on one of the worst teams in the W, they weren't even sniffing the playoffs.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
What a shock that it’s a certain poster bringing this four year old thread back from the dead. Smh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad