Prospect Info: Team Board Mock Draft

:confused:

• Matthew Boldy, LW, USNTP (BC Commit)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cole Caufield, RW, USNTP (Wisco Commit)

• Spencer Knight, G, USNTP (BC Commit)

• Raphael Lavoie, C, Halifax (QMJHL)

• Alex Newhook, C, Victoria (BCHL, BC Commit)

• Victor Soderstrom, D, Brynas IF (SHL)

• Ryan Suzuki, C, Barrie (OHL)

• Cam York, D, USNTP (BC Commit)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Went with Kirby Dach because I think that's who they would pick, my choice in this situation would probably be Turcotte.

I think exactly the same. Want Turcotte but believe they will draft Dach as the Kopitar protégé in waiting and eventual replacement.

Last edited:
Reactions: LAKings88

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
All the guys I wanted are gone so had to go Dach I guess. But whoever drafts after us will get the better player that's how bad this season has been. :(

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
In this scenario I think the Kings probably take Turcotte, a two way center with hip injuries just screams LA King. I'd take Podkolzin, but I don't believe the Kings have the balls to do that

Last edited:

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Went Podkolzin on the assumption someone has spoken to the lad and fully understands his situation.

When is the combine?" That will make move things around, possibly significantly, so until then I’m not set on anything. Well, apart from hoping Byram is available.

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
In this scenario I think the Kings probably take Turcotte, a two way center with hip injuries just screams LA King. I'd take Podkolzin, but I don't believe the Kings have the balls to do that

Do you really believe that, post-Vilardi, we'll be taking another "injured prospect" with our 1st round pick? WHY???????????????

Reactions: Dexter Sinister

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Do you really believe that, post-Vilardi, we'll be taking another "injured prospect" with our 1st round pick? WHY???????????????

Hughes has missed games do to injury and illness, including WJC tournament games.

Kakko had a concussion this year and has to have a strict diet due to diabetes.

While Turcotte has some injury red flags, expecting the Kings to pass up on talent due to injury severely waters down available players.

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
I can only hope COL takes Cozens over Dach, Podkolzin, and Turcotte. I'd love Byram yet we get our choice from the top 3 forwards outside the top two.

BPA easily Podkolzin
Highest potential player with a good floor Dach
Future captain and RoR like impact Turcotte

The order I'd take them if all 3 available too.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Podkolzin won't be there when LA picks so if he is they should take him.

ESPN (far from bible on hockey sources) just did a mock and had Chicago taking Podkolzin and LA taking the D man. Would love it if LA was able to get Cozens.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Unless he’s still injured or has a degenerative hip condition... of course you draft this kid!, he came back from his hip injury and scored at over a PPG but more impressive he was nearly at a Goal pg !!
Explosive skater
Versatile
Outstanding defensively
Playmaker
Etc...

Yes... the Kings should absolutely draft Alex Turcotte!

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I chose Pod. The pick scares me a little, but he is the BPA in this position... Our scouts said that whoever goes after the first two picks will take a year or two to develop. It might as well be in a men's league. He is just too skilled to ignore. I would rather go out swinging for the fences than playing it too safe or going off the board. This team could possibly have as many as four Russians on it soon with Prokhorkin, Kovalchuk, and even a crazy possibility of re-adding Voynov. There maybe stability here for him.

Last edited:
Reactions: YP44 and lumbergh

RocketKing

Jul 2, 2017
I went with Pod but almost took Dach.

If this is how the draft actually went then I would be 100% happy with either.

I can't consider Turcotte due to the history of Hip Injuries.

Too much at stake to take that risk IMO.

AzKing

Feb 4, 2019
Newport Coast, CA
The fact that Turcotte is ranked so highly even after player so few games this year is significant. His injuries seem to be completely healed and not chronic but I am sure that this will be verified with medical reports before the draft. Any team looking at him will want those concerns addressed. That said, he probably has the most star potential between the 3 non-Russian Forwards(Cozens & Dach) that are being mentioned in the top 5. If he is there and Byram is gone, he is the guy.

Dach is the safest pick because he won't be any worse than a really good #2 Center and could be a #1 if he continues to develop and get stronger. You can do a lot worse than that in a draft. Cozens is also a guy that could be potentially a star #1 player and versatile in that he can play Wing or Center.

Here is an article on all of them. Funny that it doesn't mention Byram: Blackhawks Must Seize Opportunity, Four Names To Watch At No. 3

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00