Prospect Info: Team Board Mock Draft Run Off Election

Who should the Sabres pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Not going to pretend that I have seen any of these guys outside of YouTube/WJC/Scouting Reports but it seems VP is a top 3 talent with the Russian baggage.

If he is willing to put in the hard work and effort to be another Tarasenko/Kucherov type Russian instead of a Grigorenko then I am all for swinging for the fences. Whoever we do end up taking they have to be a 65-70+ point forward. We need to get a legit 1st line forward with #7, not just a top 6 forward. Top 6 can be as little as 20 goal, 45-50 point player. 1st line is 30+ goals, 65+ points. We need that.

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
Not going to pretend that I have seen any of these guys outside of YouTube/WJC/Scouting Reports but it seems VP is a top 3 talent with the Russian baggage.

If he is willing to put in the hard work and effort to be another Tarasenko/Kucherov type Russian instead of a Grigorenko then I am all for swinging for the fences. Whoever we do end up taking they have to be a 65-70+ point forward. We need to get a legit 1st line forward with #7, not just a top 6 forward. Top 6 can be as little as 20 goal, 45-50 point player. 1st line is 30+ goals, 65+ points. We need that.

This team also needs a two way winger with size. The Gallagher of the league have value even if they only put up 20g 50 pt type seasons. Plus the Russian factor + this team scares me off as a combo.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I don’t know what game you were watching but he was not invisible. He must have had about 20 zone entries. He won every board battle. Had about 8 nice passes that got whiffed on and was all over the ice in his own zone.

Krebs was fine. But it’s a bad comparison.

Podkozin is a scorer first and foremost. If we're justifying him by zone entries and whiffed passes against his peers.... I wasn't that impressed. He wasn't close to how he was at the WJSS.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
This team also needs a two way winger with size. The Gallagher of the league have value even if they only put up 20g 50 pt type seasons. Plus the Russian factor + this team scares me off as a combo.

Oh I am not very keen on drafting Pod. The talent is there but is he a Tarasenko meaning a legit high end 1st line goal scoring winger who will be here for a very long time? Or is he a possible Radulov type, where he is a successful top line forward but goes back to Russia if he has a tough year or two. Or even worse, a Nuke/Grigorenko type who just cannot hack it as a top flight forward.

This team literally has needs everywhere. There are only two positions that we are actually set at and that is a ppg+ franchise 1C and an elite 1D. And even with that, there is no such thing as having too many 1Cs or 1Ds.

Whoever we do take at 7, just make sure you hit a home run with the pick Botts. We can ill afford another 2016. We need to draft the Sergachev, McAvoy, Chychrun type impact player not another Alex Nylander. If it is Dach, Turcotte, Krebs etc whoever the pick is they have to be a full time contributor by the 20-21 season. We need to get contributions from this #7 pick prior to Dahlins ELC running out. It seems this is another 2017, where the top 2 picks are set in stone but 3-12 are a complete wild card with all 31 teams having a totally different top 15 big board. Let us hope we get the Elias Pettersson of the 2019 draft.

Reactions: MagnumForce2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad