Prospect Info: Team Board Mock Draft Run Off Election

Who should the Sabres pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
To me, it comes down to what Pod wants. If he’s hellbent on playing in the NHL and doesn’t care where, then he’s the easy pick. Without knowing that, though, it’s Krebs.

My thoughts exactly. Pod is the "go big or go home" pick. Krebs (given how this particular draft played out) is the safe play. IMO, Botts will play it safe.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Look, I’m not saying you’re definitely wrong, but play Podkolzin with Cozens and Newhook and against Belarus instead of the US and you may have a different opinion.

Captain for Team Canada playing against a vastly inferior opponent, and did what he was supposed to do.

Star winger for Team Russia against one of the top teams in the tournament, and was invisible.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I wonder how much of this is people liking Krebs and how much of this is people liking what others say about krebs.

Reactions: Techno Allah

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
I may be (probably am!) wrong, but I voted Pod because I think he's the more talented player. I think he'll be over here in year 3 and I'm not convinced Krebs would make much of a difference in years 1 or 2 for this team anyway.

Reactions: paulmm3

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Hilarious how a guy that gets 1 vote in the previous poll is going to win it in this one. Talk about a big HFboards disconnect/Grigorenkophobes.

Reactions: N.Y. Orangeman

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Hilarious how a guy that gets 1 vote in the previous poll is going to win it in this one. Talk about a big HFboards disconnect/Grigorenkophobes.

Which previous poll? Are you talking about the mock draft poll? The "Which prospect do you want poll"? This poll is only here because of the questionable nature of the posters that participated in said mock poll which was to be for Sabres fans (which other team fans voted), and the only two guys were a 1 vote difference away.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Which previous poll? Are you talking about the mock draft poll? The "Which prospect do you want poll"? This poll is only here because of the questionable nature of the posters that participated in said mock poll which was to be for Sabres fans (which other team fans voted), and the only two guys were a 1 vote difference away.

The Red Wings poll.

Prospect Info: - Team Board Mock Draft

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Captain for Team Canada playing against a vastly inferior opponent, and did what he was supposed to do.

Star winger for Team Russia against one of the top teams in the tournament, and was invisible.
I don’t know what game you were watching but he was not invisible. He must have had about 20 zone entries. He won every board battle. Had about 8 nice passes that got whiffed on and was all over the ice in his own zone.

Krebs was fine. But it’s a bad comparison.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
I wonder how much of this is people liking Krebs and how much of this is people liking what others say about krebs.

It’s a fan poll, either is a perfectly acceptable reason.

People are also basing their opinions on who would be a better fit for the team. I like Pod more than Krebs in most categories, but would easily take Krebs. We need to win, not just have players that break individual stat records. Draisaitl’s numbers are always amazing but I don’t think he’d move the needle on buffalo right now. Marner would, significantly, for the same-ish AAV.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
I don’t know what game you were watching but he was not invisible. He must have had about 20 zone entries. He won every board battle. Had about 8 nice passes that got whiffed on and was all over the ice in his own zone.

Krebs was fine. But it’s a bad comparison.

Agreed, I thought he was amazing. I don’t blame anyone for having Pod comfortably in that 3 spot.

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010

I have zero faith in this organizations ability to handle Podkolzin. The Russian factor is very real.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I dont like Krebs as much as others do but if Pod is there at 7 you take the BPA. I'm sitting on the sidelines with this one. Dach I like more than Krebs, Turcotte is the big fish that has me peaked and that's saying alot cause I'm almost at the point of saying draft some damn Canadians but I like that Americans game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad