Prospect Info: Team Board Mock Draft Pick #7

Who will the Devils pick #7

• Rodion Amirov, LW, Toros Neftekamsk (MHL)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yaroslav Askarov, G, SKA-Neva St. Petersburg (VHL)

• Mavrik Bourque, C, Shawinigan Cataractes (QMJHL)

• Helge Grans, D, Malmö Redhawks (SHL)

• Kaiden Guhle, D, Prince Albert Raiders (WHL)

• Dylan Holloway, C/LW, Univ. of Wisconsin (NCAA)

• Hendrix Lapierre, C, Chicoutimi Saguenéens (QMJHL)

• Anton Lundell, C, HIFK (Liiga)

• Dawson Mercer, RW, Chicoutimi Saguenéens (QMJHL)

• Connor Zary, C, Kamloops Blazers (WHL)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
A series of polls for the forthcoming draft. Picks will be decided by vote.

Results Thread

PLEASE ONLY VOTE IF YOU ARE A FAN OF THE TEAM PICKING!

1 day poll

Awarding the Rangers the obvious first pick and they have another 1st so they'll be able to participate.

:rangers#1 Alexis Lafrenière, LW, Rimouski Océanic (QMJHL) Deafault

:kings#2 Quinton Byfield, C, Sudbury Wolves (OHL)

:sens#3 Tim Stützle, C, Adler Mannheim (DEL)

:wings#4 Cole Perfetti, C, Saginaw Spirit (OHL)

:sens#5 Lucas Raymond, RW/LW, Frölunda HC (SHL)

:ducks#6 Marco Rossi, C, Ottawa 67's (OHL)

:devils#7
Jamie Drysdale, D, Erie Otters (OHL)

Last edited:

spitsfan24

Mar 18, 2017
With both defensemen being available, you can't really go wrong. I went with Drysdale though.

imMagnum

Jan 10, 2017
This is pretty much the dream scenario. Highly doubt both D fall to 7 on draft day.

I’m taking Sanderson. Ecstatic with either though. We essentially get to choose between a Heiskanen and a Makar.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
If Drysdale is there they'd be absolutely stupid to not take him regardless of Sanderson being there. Drysdale should be the pick if he's available.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
I like what Holtz brings but he isn’t even in the conversation if one of the D are there.
i think it's def a conversation if Drysdale is not there (Holtz is #8 and Sanderson is #9 on the consolidated rankings on Eliteprospects) . Next years draft is much more loaded on defense as well while the forwards aren't as good as this years draft. There's no reason to go defense for the sake of defense and a case for Holtz being the BPA over Sanderson can be made.

But in this scenario I'd be fine with Drysdale or Holtz. Although when it comes to the actual draft I'd be surprised if Drysdale made it to the Devils.

Last edited:

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
i think it's def a conversation if Drysdale is not there (Holtz is #8 and Sanderson is #9 on the consolidated rankings on Eliteprospects) . Next years draft is much more loaded on defense as well while the forwards aren't as good as this years draft. There's no reason to go defense for the sake of defense and a case for Holtz being the BPA over Sanderson can be made.

But in this scenario I'd be fine with Drysdale or Holtz. Although when it comes to the actual draft I'd be surprised if Drysdale made it to the Devils.

I think the chances of both D being their for us at 7 is 0%. Ranking wise I personally have both of them above Holtz so I wouldn’t be chasing the D here (I always go BPA). A scoring winger is a huge need for us of course but at 7 I would much prefer to get a play driving forward that makes his line mates better and I don’t think that is Holtz, besides capitalizing on their passes. I see Holtz as the guy who needs someone else on his line to lead the charge and with us having 18 and 20 there seems to be the opportunity for us to grab a highly skilled winger or 2 that could be steals of the draft with proper development. Also, if we end up drafting a D earlier on in next years draft it wouldn’t be a bad thing at all to get a 1st pairing D in 2020 and potentially another one in 2021 when we have such a horrible NHL D.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
This is pretty much the dream scenario. Highly doubt both D fall to 7 on draft day.

I’m taking Sanderson. Ecstatic with either though. We essentially get to choose between a Heiskanen and a Makar.

Of course I would prefer both D to be available (as highly unlikely as it is) but it might honestly be better for 1 to be gone because I would be so torn on choosing between a Heiskanen and Makar. I will admit as well that because of how small our D is makes me want to go with the larger player but you can’t draft based on current team needs with how quickly things can change. We also have a bunch of good prospects that are large defensive d-men that can skate coming up through the ranks.

Reactions: My3Sons

Nicomo Cosca

Aug 13, 2020
Cincinnati, OH
How long does it take to be able to vote anyway? I’ve been here over a month now and I still can’t.

Would have been a tough choice between Drysdale and Sanderson. Probably would have went with the former.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
I think the chances of both D being their for us at 7 is 0%. Ranking wise I personally have both of them above Holtz so I wouldn’t be chasing the D here (I always go BPA). A scoring winger is a huge need for us of course but at 7 I would much prefer to get a play driving forward that makes his line mates better and I don’t think that is Holtz, besides capitalizing on their passes. I see Holtz as the guy who needs someone else on his line to lead the charge and with us having 18 and 20 there seems to be the opportunity for us to grab a highly skilled winger or 2 that could be steals of the draft with proper development. Also, if we end up drafting a D earlier on in next years draft it wouldn’t be a bad thing at all to get a 1st pairing D in 2020 and potentially another one in 2021 when we have such a horrible NHL D.

I don't think is Holtz is a guy where he waits for his linemates to do all the work and then he's just a finisher, I wouldn't want him at #7 if that was the case. I think he's a good passer as well and can carry the puck when needed. But I think with Nico/Jack it'd be good to have a winger that could potentially have good-elite production without needing the puck on his stick 24/7. Obviously there's a chance he doesn't become that player but I think at #7 you carry that risk with a lot of the guys the Devils could potentially draft. But for me if Rossi, Raymond, Drysdale, and Perfetti are all gone (assuming Laf, Byfield, and Stutzle are top 3) I hope the Devils would go with Holtz in that case. But in this poll it's a coinflip for me, I think Drysdale is probably the safer pick between the two though and I don't think the Devils would pass him up given the chance.

Reactions: Ripshot 43

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
How long does it take to be able to vote anyway? I’ve been here over a month now and I still can’t.

Would have been a tough choice between Drysdale and Sanderson. Probably would have went with the former.
You need to hit 45 days as a member until you can vote in a poll, kinda silly but thats how it's set up.

Reactions: Nicomo Cosca
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce