Prospect Info: Team Board Mock Draft Pick #20

Who will the Devils Pick at #20

• Thomas Bordeleau, C, Univ. of Michigan (NCAA)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lukas Cormier, D, Charlottetown Islanders (QMJHL)

• Tyson Foerster, C, Barrie Colts (OHL)

• Roni Hirvonen, C, Ässät (Liiga)

• Zion Nybeck, LW/RW, HV71 (SHL)

• John-Jason Peterka, LW, EHC München (DEL)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Mysak could conceivably be drafted in the top 15. His talent is that significant. If a GM drafts Zion Nybeck at #20, they should have that resume written out pretty quick. So maybe Mysak did run over someone's dog.
I’m a little annoyed with Mysak’s absence but the the OP has my sympathies for the complaints they will get over the candidates for last few polls. It’s tougher to nail down a consensus top 30-45 because there isn’t one. I’m curious what they’re going by but not complaining because I appreciate the effort. Even though I’m bereft of my sweet Mysak...

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
I’m a little annoyed with Mysak’s absence but the the OP has my sympathies for the complaints they will get over the candidates for last few polls. It’s tougher to nail down a consensus top 30-45 because there isn’t one. I’m curious what they’re going by but not complaining because I appreciate the effort. Even though I’m bereft of my sweet Mysak...

Mysak has been extremely under appreciated and I'm not sure why. There seems to be some people who are lukewarm on recent Czech prospects, I have no idea why. But Mysak entered the Czech men's league as a 16 year old and held his own -- which is unheard of. Mid-season, he transferred to the Hamilton Bulldogs and after taking three or four games to get his legs, he really lit up the league.

For some reason, I've seen Mysak's skating scrutinized. He's actually got a very good top speed, though he needs to work on his explosiveness in his first few steps. I've seen his 200-foot game scrutinized, but he's a tremendous penalty killer who competes very well and is good positionally. Mysak has a sick wrist shot and outstanding hands. He is capable of creative, slick playmaking but can be erratic turning over passes trying to do too much -- this would be my only significant criticism. But we're certainly talking about a player with high-scoring, two-way top-six potential at the NHL level.

I'm not sure why there is all the ratings disparity on Jan Mysak, to be honest. Watching him, he's the kind of player you'd think everyone would be high on. He's also the type of player who has the potential to really take off and be better than anyone thinks -- especially if he improves his acceleration -- and really does not have any weaknesses usually associated with "risk/reward" types. He's a talent who can succeed in a top-6 or middle-6 role, depending on where his development takes him.

What's funny about Mysak's absence in this poll, is that there is a very strong chance that he could be drafted inside the top 20. He's very popular among the analytics set and the Maple Leafs are drafting #15. Whereas there are some players on this poll who have no shot on earth to go in the top 20. So, I'm not certain whose rankings were used here. Personally I voted for Holloway, but in my top 5 players at the #20 pick, two players who would be high in my list of consideration (Mysak and Greig) were left off, while a couple of players likely to go in the 3rd or 4th round were included. Ultimately, Mysak would be my #3 choice behind only Holloway and Reichel.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Went reichel. Don't love it, but I don't hate it I guess
so why oppose a trade down?
could nj get back the picks from the gusev trade (3rd 20, 2nd 21) and add brayden mcnabb for pick #20? STI once mentioned him as a LD fitting the devils needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad