Prospect Info: Team Board Mock Draft Pick #18

Who will the Devils Pick at #18

• Thomas Bordeleau, C, Univ. of Michigan (NCAA)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mavrik Bourque, C, Shawinigan Cataractes (QMJHL)

• Tyson Foerster, C, Barrie Colts (OHL)

• Helge Grans, D, Malmö Redhawks (SHL)

• Roni Hirvonen, C, Ässät (Liiga)

• William Wallinder, D, MODO Hockey (SHL)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

beekay414

#FireEveryone
Jul 1, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
I'm not willing to be a team that passes on him because of maturity issues or whatever. His on ice skill is ridiculous. You take him and hope he outgrows it. People passed on Barzal and Pasta for the same reasons and I don't get it. Go get the talent and figure out the rest later.

Nicomo Cosca

Aug 13, 2020
Cincinnati, OH
I'm not willing to be a team that passes on him because of maturity issues or whatever. His on ice skill is ridiculous. You take him and hope he outgrows it. People passed on Barzal and Pasta for the same reasons and I don't get it. Go get the talent and figure out the rest later.
Unless the player is Nail Yakupov level immature...

If scouts are close to fighting the prospect in interviews that’s probably more than just a red flag lol

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I went Lapierre . With three picks in the first , I’m fine with taking a gamble on a player who could very well end up as one of the top 5 best players in the entire draft

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I do NOT want the “safe” pick or a player that is “decent “ at everything but not elite at anything either .
I’m sick of seeing other teams take the somewhat risky pick and hitting on a gem while we end up with a pile of bottom 6 players .

I can understand not taking a player if he has zero hockey IQ and was able to get by on skill alone to this point , but will be lost when the pace of the NHL hits them .

However , if a kid is seen as immature or lazy ... I could give a sh!t less when the kid is lighting it up .He is a teenager and that can be turned around and happens as they mature .

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I went Lapierre . With three picks in the first , I’m fine with taking a gamble on a player who could very well end up as one of the top 5 best players in the entire draft

I think of the two, Perrault would be much more likely to be taken by Calgary at 19. So why not pick him first and then Lappiere at 20

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
I'm surprised by the Perreault vote of confidence.

Too many red flags for me. Questions about his defensive commitment, conditioning, work ethic.

I don't think we should be reaching for this type of character. Apart from STI's rankings, i havent seen him once ranked in the top 20 when viewing multiple draft ranking lists.

I don't hate the pick as Perreault is one of the best goalscorers in the draft, but if we are going to swing for the fences on a boom or bust prospect, I prefer we do that at pick 20.

Exactly what I'm thinking. I personally think both Perrault and Gunler will be available at 20. I'd rather go with a "safer" pick at 18 and even though Holloway is safer, he's no slouch either.

I already put my vote in, but after thinking about it maybe going Perrault at 18 and then Tristen Robins at 20 might not be so bad. Love that guy and I don't think he'll be available at the next devils pick.

Reactions: nugg

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
hmm, I guess I understand the want for Perreault pick but I totally believe we could have gotten him at 20th or atleast its a very high chance. Calgary is definitely going to pick Holloway so that leaves us with Gunnler and Reichel at 20th overall.

id prefer Holloway and Perreault over Perreault and Gunnler/Reichel.

Reactions: nugg and Darkauron

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
hmm, I guess I understand the want for Perreault pick but I totally believe we could have gotten him at 20th or atleast its a very high chance. Calgary is definitely going to pick Holloway so that leaves us with Gunnler and Reichel at 20th overall.

id prefer Holloway and Perreault over Perreault and Gunnler/Reichel.

Same

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
I went Holloway because I don't particularly have a huge preference between Gunler and Perreault. Ideally Perreault but I don't see him being taken next. Other reason is if we take Perreault here, I think Holloway is clear bpa at 19 and then after that, next bpa would be Gunler (imo) and I don't feel comfortable taking 2 risky players with our next two 1st round picks.
same thought process let me to pick holloway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad