Prospect Info: Team Board Mock Draft Pick #18

Who will the Devils Pick at #18

• Thomas Bordeleau, C, Univ. of Michigan (NCAA)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mavrik Bourque, C, Shawinigan Cataractes (QMJHL)

• Tyson Foerster, C, Barrie Colts (OHL)

• Helge Grans, D, Malmö Redhawks (SHL)

• Roni Hirvonen, C, Ässät (Liiga)

• William Wallinder, D, MODO Hockey (SHL)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
A series of polls for the forthcoming draft. Picks will be decided by vote.

Results Thread

PLEASE ONLY VOTE IF YOU ARE A FAN OF THE TEAM PICKING!

1 day poll

Awarding the Rangers the obvious first pick and they have another 1st so they'll be able to participate.

:rangers#1 Alexis Lafrenière, LW, Rimouski Océanic (QMJHL) Default

:kings#2 Quinton Byfield, C, Sudbury Wolves (OHL)

:sens#3 Tim Stützle, C, Adler Mannheim (DEL)

:wings#4 Cole Perfetti, C, Saginaw Spirit (OHL)

:sens#5 Lucas Raymond, RW/LW, Frölunda HC (SHL)

:ducks#6 Marco Rossi, C, Ottawa 67's (OHL)

:devils#7
Jamie Drysdale, D, Erie Otters (OHL)

:sabres#8 Anton Lundell, C, HIFK (Liiga)

:wild#9 Alexander Holtz, RW, Djurgårdens IF (SHL)

:jets#10 Jake Sanderson, D, Univ. of North Dakota (NCAA)

:nashville#11 Jack Quinn, RW, Ottawa 67's (OHL)

:panthers#12 Kaiden Guhle, D, Prince Albert Raiders (WHL)

:canes#13 Yaroslav Askarov, G, SKA-Neva St. Petersburg (VHL)

:edmonton#14 Seth Jarvis, RW, Portland Winterhawks (WHL)

:leafs #15 Braden Schneider, D, Brandon Wheat Kings (WHL)

:habs #16 Dawson Mercer, RW, Chicoutimi Saguenéens (QMJHL)

:hawks #17 Rodion Amirov, LW, Toros Neftekamsk (MHL)

:devils#18 Jacob Perreault, RW, Sarnia Sting (OHL)

Last edited:

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
Went Holloway because he would absolutely be picked by Calgary while Perrault would likely be passed, allowing for Devils to take both.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Was hoping Jarvis, Mercer, Amirov or Schneider would be left at 18. Settled for Holloway.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
I went Holloway because I don't particularly have a huge preference between Gunler and Perreault. Ideally Perreault but I don't see him being taken next. Other reason is if we take Perreault here, I think Holloway is clear bpa at 19 and then after that, next bpa would be Gunler (imo) and I don't feel comfortable taking 2 risky players with our next two 1st round picks.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
I feel like you're not taking into account his name. The jokes write themselves, it's beautiful.

I can see the memes now.

if mario’s nemesis is wario, then henrik tallinder’s nemesis must be...

ooh now i kind of hope we draft him

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Holloway is best available here.

If we don’t draft him here, he absolutely goes next pick to Calgary.

Went Holloway because he would absolutely be picked by Calgary while Perrault would likely be passed, allowing for Devils to take both.

Was hoping Jarvis, Mercer, Amirov or Schneider would be left at 18. Settled for Holloway.

I went Perreault for the upside. I think Holloway is a fine player but don't we have a lot of similar guys already in the system?

Anderson
Zetterlund
Thompson
Foote
Boqvist
Clarke
Talvitie

Good two way games with a limited offensive upside (Foote might be a bit of a stretch here, but I don't see him as a major point producers, hoping for 50-60 points out of him.)

I just feel it makes more sense to swing for the fences in terms of dynamic offensive ability.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I went Holloway because I don't particularly have a huge preference between Gunler and Perreault. Ideally Perreault but I don't see him being taken next. Other reason is if we take Perreault here, I think Holloway is clear bpa at 19 and then after that, next bpa would be Gunler (imo) and I don't feel comfortable taking 2 risky players with our next two 1st round picks.
I’ll throw that back at you that I’m fine with Holloway or Zary with the second pick so I can go Perrault. I’m not sure that there’s anything pointing to Holloway producing more (much?) in the NHL, late birthdays and all, plus neither are actual all that big. Yeah, I know Zary has weird legs, blah blah, but he feels like he could be a Justin Williams type player and I don’t why everyone is weirdly down on him. In fact I almost went Zary here but Perreault has skillz (and I don’t want Holloway to win).

Last edited:

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I voted Perreault.

P.S.
Please take Bordeleau and Wallinder off the voting options. You can replace them with far, far superior prospects in Greig and O'Rourke.
I’m trying to get over Peterka and Hirvonen being here over Mysak, so we all have our own crosses to bear.

Last edited:

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
I'm surprised by the Perreault vote of confidence.

Too many red flags for me. Questions about his defensive commitment, conditioning, work ethic.

I don't think we should be reaching for this type of character. Apart from STI's rankings, i havent seen him once ranked in the top 20 when viewing multiple draft ranking lists.

I don't hate the pick as Perreault is one of the best goalscorers in the draft, but if we are going to swing for the fences on a boom or bust prospect, I prefer we do that at pick 20.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
I'm surprised by the Perreault vote of confidence.

Too many red flags for me. Questions about his defensive commitment, conditioning, work ethic.

I don't think we should be reaching for this type of character. Apart from STI's rankings, i havent seen him once ranked in the top 20 when viewing multiple draft ranking lists.

I don't hate the pick as Perreault is one of the best goalscorers in the draft, but if we are going to swing for the fences on a boom or bust prospect, I prefer we do that at pick 20.

I don't disagree with you.

If I'm Tom Fitzgerald and my scouts have questions about Perreault's attitude, then I would be perfectly fine taking Holloway or Gunler instead with the pick. I'm willing to take a risk because I have nothing at stake and have no access to interview these kids.

When I talk up Perreault (as you've probably read) it's a broken record -- upside upside upside potential potential potential. Sure, he produced terrifically at Sarnia, but was not as consistently dominant as his talents would suggest. As we all know, this kid's mix of elite skating, elite shooting and elite passing vision is completely rare, especially when we're talking about a 6'0 kid who also has great hands. He's also a mid-April 2002 birthday, so I figure he has room to grow both physically and emotionally.

But again, we have to ask why a kid with this kind of talent does not bring it every shift and every game. I am normally a stickler for compete level, but Perreault's talents are undeniably a bit dazzling. So, if you're against the Perreault pick, you're probably just being more prudent than I am. And as such, I can't disagree with you at all.

Reactions: Guttersniped

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I don't disagree with you.

If I'm Tom Fitzgerald and my scouts have questions about Perreault's attitude, then I would be perfectly fine taking Holloway or Gunler instead with the pick. I'm willing to take a risk because I have nothing at stake and have no access to interview these kids.

When I talk up Perreault (as you've probably read) it's a broken record -- upside upside upside potential potential potential. Sure, he produced terrifically at Sarnia, but was not as consistently dominant as his talents would suggest. As we all know, this kid's mix of elite skating, elite shooting and elite passing vision is completely rare, especially when we're talking about a 6'0 kid who also has great hands. He's also a mid-April 2002 birthday, so I figure he has room to grow both physically and emotionally.

But again, we have to ask why a kid with this kind of talent does not bring it every shift and every game. I am normally a stickler for compete level, but Perreault's talents are undeniably a bit dazzling. So, if you're against the Perreault pick, you're probably just being more prudent than I am. And as such, I can't disagree with you at all.

If his goal scoring translates and he’s a good kid who cares the rest will come around. I agree the interview would be absolutely critical before picking him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad