Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lukas Dragicevic, D, Tri-City Americans

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Smith & Leonard do all the work on that line...Perreault is the beneficiary of that hard work.

It's gotta be Danielson or Wood, both I'd be thrilled with

He has the most points and goals of all of them though, and he's a winger not the center. And all of those guys are over +70 (?!) they've clearly figured out how to optimally play together.

I actually don't know, mostly watch NHL. But we're going to have guys like Cooley (and in this timeline, Leonard), so maybe a similar role for him here (again, no idea).

EIther way I don't disagree with drafting any of the other top guys (incl Danielson or Wood). Just shows you how deep a draft this we'll get somebody good at 12

Reactions: Llewzaher

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
He has the most points and goals of all of them though, and he's a winger not the center. And all of those guys are over +70 (?!) they've clearly figured out how to optimally play together.

I actually don't know, mostly watch NHL. But we're going to have guys like Cooley (and in this timeline, Leonard), so maybe a similar role for him here (again, no idea).

EIther way I don't disagree with drafting any of the other top guys (incl Danielson or Wood). Just shows you how deep a draft this we'll get somebody good at 12
Haha! That’s a pretty neat idea. Leonard-Cooley-Perreault It’s almost the same line. Haha.

Reactions: PainForShane

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
went with Wood, tomorrow I probably flip and pick Danielson. Today I feel we need for a scorer, tomorrow it'll be about a 2-way center...

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Danielson

Interesting Detroit "fans" talked themselves into yet another D despite need at forward.

Reactions: moosemeister

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
The two guys I'd want at this pick aren't even on the poll lol. I'd easily take Stenberg here. I do think it's possible he falls but I wouldn't be willing to risk him falling to our 2nd, and I want Dragicevic as well, so.

Sale and Cristall would be the two guys on this poll I'd be interested in. Went with Cristall but they're both super close to me. I want nothing to do with Wood, I don't think he even makes it to the NHL given his skating issues and we've already drafted plenty of guys like that. If he does make it it'll be 4 years out which isn't necessarily an issue but I'd rather have a different guy anyways. Danielson is fine I just personally don't see the upside for him being there. Much higher chance he's a 3rd/4th line tweener than he is a top 6 forward.

RedBeard

Aug 16, 2005
Phoenix
Last 3 available on the latest McKenzie list are Perrault (9), Barlow (11), and Wood (12). Will be very interesting to see if BA and team have assessments close to this consensus or not. I can see Wood being picked due to his offensive tools and age. I would also consider a trade down for Simashev if the scouts liked him, as he would be a great fit with Duda. Voted Wood.

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
The two guys I'd want at this pick aren't even on the poll lol. I'd easily take Stenberg here. I do think it's possible he falls but I wouldn't be willing to risk him falling to our 2nd, and I want Dragicevic as well, so.

Looks like both Stenberg and Dragicevic have been added now.

rt

May 13, 2004
Would Couturier be a good comp for Danielson??
I think Danielson is better skater than Couturier was. Maybe not quite as gritty has Couturier has become. A bit more polished and smooth. But definitely some similarities. Here’s old scouting reports on Couturier. They’re similar to Danielson’s

rt

May 13, 2004
Would Couturier be a good comp for Danielson??
Ritchie has a shoulder issue that i would want my doctors to be reviewing before using draft capital on him.

Danielson has surprisingly good production this year.
I think the majority of scouting reports on Danielson are laughably incorrect. I feel like half the social media scouts commenting on his game haven’t seen him play. I don’t see any connection to what I’ve seen when I read about him. I’ve honestly only seen two decent scouting reports on him; Pronman and Tessler.

View attachment 683999
View attachment 684001
^ Pronman

^ Tessler

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
I think Danielson is better skater than Couturier was. Maybe not quite as gritty has Couturier has become. A bit more polished and smooth. But definitely some similarities. Here’s old scouting reports on Couturier. They’re similar to Danielson’s

Me likey. I think I could get behind a Danielson pick.

rt

May 13, 2004
Looks like “change vote” is active for anyone who wants to act as a tie-breaker but currently has selected a player that isn’t going to win.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
You’re up in Manitoba, right? Did you get to see Danielson live at all?
No, I live in British Columbia. Just watched some Wheat Kings games and like the scouting reports.

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
The Wheat Kings had a terrible year. Danielson on an even average team and his numbers are higher. He's a great skater too. I haven't seen much of his play but NHL Draft Pro's (YouTube guy) mentioned he's not the most physical player. Maybe one of very few weaknesses. I'm fine with the pick but I'd take Wood at #12.

rt

May 13, 2004
The Wheat Kings had a terrible year. Danielson on an even average team and his numbers are higher. He's a great skater too. I haven't seen much of his play but NHL Draft Pro's (YouTube guy) mentioned he's not the most physical player. Maybe one of very few weaknesses. I'm fine with the pick but I'd take Wood at #12.
He’s not mean like Leonard, but he’s big, strong, assertive, hard working and backchecks. I think he’s more physical than Wood, anyway. I’m surprised Barlow isn’t getting more love in this poll. I think he’s the more BA version of Wood.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad