• Poll closed .

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
A series of polls for the forthcoming draft. Picks will be decided by vote.*

Results Thread

PLEASE ONLY VOTE IF YOU ARE A FAN OF THE TEAM PICKING!

1 day poll

*not polling for #1 since we know who it will be and Hawks fans get to vote on their other 1st

1. :hawks Connor Bedard, C, Regina Pats (WHL)

2.:ducks
Adam Fantilli, C, Michigan

3.:cbjLeo Carlsson, C/W, Örebro HK

4,:sharksMatvei Michkov, RW, HK Sochi

5. :habsWill Smith, C, USNTP

6. :coyotesRyan Leonard, C, USNTP

7. :flyers Zach Benson, F, Winnipeg Ice

8.:caps Dalibor Dvorský, C/RW, AIK

9.:wings
David Reinbacher, D, Kloten

10. :bluesOliver Moore, C, USNTP

11. :nucks Tom Willander, D, Rögle BK J20

12.:coyotes2 ???????????

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
My top rated players available are:

9. Danielson
11. Barlow
12. Honzek

We took Leonard at 6th, so I’m inclined to believe take the big Center, here. Who happens to be my top rated player available.

I’m a big fan of Danielson. Very impressed with him when I watched Brandon this season.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Calum Ritchie is a good prospect but not at 12.

I took the Swede d. Zubov upside. Top pairing potential. I don’t think he’s a BA type player though.

rt

May 13, 2004
I'd be ok if it were Danielson, Wood, Yager or Honzek - but it would be nice to actually get a Forum40 only poll though.
It’s public this time.
Calum Ritchie is a good prospect but not at 12.

I took the Swede d. Zubov upside. Top pairing potential.
I like Ritchie a ton. I’ve got him 16th. Which means there are six guys still available I like more than him.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
It’s public this time.

I like Ritchie a ton. I’ve got him 16th. Which means there are six guys still available I like more than him.
I would trade down if u liked him that much

rt

May 13, 2004
I would trade down if u liked him that much
I would just pick Danielson, who I’ve got 9th, rather than trade down for my 16th rated player. The Ritchie vote in this poll is just a Flames ;)

I want Danielson.

Nate Danielson looks fantastic in transition. Great controlled zone exits and entries. Good size, picture perfect skater, head up player. Neutral zone hound, good defensively, and great on the PK. Big, strong RHS C, is already a captain for the wheat kings (old for his draft year). He really does look the part when he’s flying down the middle, controlling the puck.

I’ll say this, I was shocked to see Pronman rank Danielson 5th overall. Not because of Danielson but because of what I know about Pronman and his preferences. But now having watched Danielson in isolation a few more times, I totally get how he’s checking those Pronman boxes. His skating with the puck, his transitions, and his plays at top speed. All very classic Pronman. And now his mature, pro game and big pro build/frame is very in line with the “new” Pronman who tries to think like an NHL scout now.

Danielson looks like the real deal. Size, speed, skill, smarts, passing, shooting, two way play, and works hard. Plus he’s a captain in his draft year. I think he’s going to be an early pick. Controls the pace and makes really smart plays. Toolsy too.

He's a quintessential center, he's big, he skates so well, he's such a heads up player, so smart, makes plays, willing to be direct and creative, great on the PK and forecheck/backcheck, wins faceoffs and is a captain. Who doesn't want an all situations, do everything, RHS C with size and skill?

Reactions: Prestigeworldwide

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I would just pick Danielson, who I’ve got 9th, rather than trade down for my 16th rated player. The Ritchie vote in this poll is just a Flames ;)

I want Danielson.

Nate Danielson looks fantastic in transition. Great controlled zone exits and entries. Good size, picture perfect skater, head up player. Neutral zone hound, good defensively, and great on the PK. Big, strong RHS C, is already a captain for the wheat kings (old for his draft year). He really does look the part when he’s flying down the middle, controlling the puck.

I’ll say this, I was shocked to see Pronman rank Danielson 5th overall. Not because of Danielson but because of what I know about Pronman and his preferences. But now having watched Danielson in isolation a few more times, I totally get how he’s checking those Pronman boxes. His skating with the puck, his transitions, and his plays at top speed. All very classic Pronman. And now his mature, pro game and big pro build/frame is very in line with the “new” Pronman who tries to think like an NHL scout now.

Danielson looks like the real deal. Size, speed, skill, smarts, passing, shooting, two way play, and works hard. Plus he’s a captain in his draft year. I think he’s going to be an early pick. Controls the pace and makes really smart plays. Toolsy too.

He's a quintessential center, he's big, he skates so well, he's such a heads up player, so smart, makes plays, willing to be direct and creative, great on the PK and forecheck/backcheck, wins faceoffs and is a captain. Who doesn't want an all situations, do everything, RHS C with size and skill?
I like Danielson. He is a 2nd line C type player to me though. I went upside with star D with Pellikka.

rt

May 13, 2004
I like Danielson. He is a 2nd line C type player to me though. I went upside with star D with Pellikka.
I can understand that. Pellikka makes me very nervous. A lack of physical tools for a blueline prospect makes me worry. The latest Athletic podcast with Pronman and Peters did a great job of pinpointing my concerns with him. Most high end small defenseman really pop with obvious high end talent and flash. Elite skating or puck skills. Something. Guys like Fox. But with Pellikka, I don’t see that. Smart, smooth, all around defenseman? Yes. But in his limited size and skating package, I’m nervous.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I can understand that. Pellikka makes me very nervous. A lack of physical tools for a blueline prospect makes me worry. The latest Athletic podcast with Pronman and Peters did a great job of pinpointing my concerns with him. Most high end small defenseman really pop with obvious high end talent and flash. Elite skating or puck skills. Something. Guys like Fox. But with Pellikka, I don’t see that. Smart, smooth, all around defenseman? Yes. But in his limited size and skating package, I’m nervous.
I was until i watched the u18’s. I think he’s arguably the best D in the draft with zubov upside. I don’t think he is the type of player this team will go with though so it is likely a forward.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Hard to pass on US Nation U18 top scorer Perrault...not sure why he is ranked lower than the other guys on his line...

Fan of Danielson though so voted him.

Reactions: Llewzaher

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Man. That production is so tempting. Is he the Gagner or the Kane on his line? Or more modernly is he the Dvorak, which Leonard is the Tkachuk and Smith is the Marner? It’s hard to tell. Could be Perreault is the Marner and Leonard is Dvorak.
It’s a risk for sure.. but according to the team poll we got Leonard at 6 let’s go for some chemistry. They are both going to Boston I think next year as well.

rt

May 13, 2004
I was until i watched the u18’s. I think he’s arguably the best D in the draft with zubov upside. I don’t think he is the type of player this team will go with though so it is likely a forward.
I do really want a top blueline prospect. So I sympathize. He’s intriguing for sure. I don’t blame you at all.

—-

Speaking of positional need.

I see there’s a big run on Wood. Makes sense. He’s such high upside prospect. I wonder about having all of Leonard, Guenther and Wood as RW prospects, though.

Without outside interference, we’d have had Dvorsky 6th and could take Wood 12th and avoid this issue.

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
I know most probably see it as a reach but I went Simashev. If you can get the offense going more there is extremely high upside there. Worst case I still see a solid NHL dman.

If the votes stay close between Wood and Danielson as they are currently I'll likely change to Danielson. before this is closed.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Man I’d love to go to a WHL game. They seem like they’re a very fun, wholesome, family environment.
Anytime u want to come up to Western Cda. Let me know.

NCAA atmosphere blows anything in whl away.

rt

May 13, 2004
Anytime u want to come up to Western Cda. Let me know.

NCAA atmosphere blows anything in whl away.
Thanks! WHL games from what I see streaming remind me more of Texas HS football. I used to go to Texas HS football games as a kid when I spent a lot of time with relatives in Flower Mound. It’s a whole community out there. Families. Lots of little kids. Not a crazy drunken party. Not wild like NCAA or NHL. That’s just what it looks like from the CHL.tv app anyway. It’s what I’m reminded of.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Went w Perreault, too small for BA but can't argue w that production. Maybe a passenger but maybe not, either way chemistry w Leonard -- but if there's a 10-20% chance this guy keeps producing even close to that level, w the 12th overall I think you have to take that.

AND. Just saw that entire top line (Smith, Leonard, Perreault) has committed to BC next year. Wtf. Anyone living in Boston should be going to ALL of those games next year

Reactions: Llewzaher

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Smith & Leonard do all the work on that line...Perreault is the beneficiary of that hard work.

It's gotta be Danielson or Wood, both I'd be thrilled with

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad