Team Board Dispersal Draft - Pick #5

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Why is Taveras getting so many votes? He isnt even the best option at C.

This... Kopitar is proven in the playoffs, beyond either of Getzlaf or Tavares. I don't care how many points they have in the regular season.

I'd most likely go Top Center, Top goalie, then Top D with the first three picks. (Unless Doughty was available with the second pick)

I'd take Kopitar/Datsyuk/Getzlaf over Tavares for a playoff run at this point. (This is assuming these players are healthy and 100%, then Datsyuk is as good a pick as any)

Last edited:

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
I'm surprised by so many Tavares picks.

I wonder him being at the top of the list had something to do with it.

For me it was between Weber, Doughty, Kopi and Quick.
And I went with Weber.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Any way to see who is voting on these....I have a feeling that some non-Avs fans are trying to sabotage us with Tavares. Either that or we have folks that are voting for fantasy scoring rather than winning a cup.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
To be fair, it's not just about the best players today either.

Tavares is young, entering his prime and poised to be that big elite center you need for your playoff run. It took Datsyuk how long to establish himself? Thornton? Etc.

I'd take Getzlaf still, but that's just me. He's the type of #1 center I see leading you. He's better than Kopitar, while I'm frankly surprised needs explanation given some posts in here.

Still, Weber/Quick seem more practical. You're not getting another pass at a defender like Weber, we'll still have a center like Duchy next round whom is 'good enough' and we'll probably still see a guy like Lehtonen next round whom is 'good enough'.

Without that #1 defender anchor you're banking on drafting a core of underrated (e.g. overlooked) #2's and #3's that gel perfectly and compliment your forward core and goalie of choice. It's doable, but a lot harder.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
I would be OK with a stud D as well. I think it is easier to rely on a top G or D year in year out, than a top forward carrying the team. Of the D, Doughty or Weber, or use picks 2-4 to shore up a solid set.

At this point, it looks like we are getting stuck with Tavares. He is great, but can he carry a team?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Wow people, Tavares is NOT (let me repeat, NOT) as good as Getzlaf, Quick, or Weber.

It seems a lot of you just voted for the first player because you were too lazy to read the whole list...

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I voted Tavares but realized my mistake pretty quick when this wasn't about fantasy stuff. Couldn't change my vote though.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Wow people, Tavares is NOT (let me repeat, NOT) as good as Getzlaf, Quick, or Weber.

It seems a lot of you just voted for the first player because you were too lazy to read the whole list...

Agreed, but I would pick Doughty over Weber.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
To be fair, it's not just about the best players today either.

Tavares is young, entering his prime and poised to be that big elite center you need for your playoff run. It took Datsyuk how long to establish himself? Thornton? Etc.

I'd take Getzlaf still, but that's just me. He's the type of #1 center I see leading you. He's better than Kopitar, while I'm frankly surprised needs explanation given some posts in here.

Still, Weber/Quick seem more practical. You're not getting another pass at a defender like Weber, we'll still have a center like Duchy next round whom is 'good enough' and we'll probably still see a guy like Lehtonen next round whom is 'good enough'.

Without that #1 defender anchor you're banking on drafting a core of underrated (e.g. overlooked) #2's and #3's that gel perfectly and compliment your forward core and goalie of choice. It's doable, but a lot harder.

It basically is about today, as it's only for this year. One season isn't enough for Tavares all-around game to compete with Getzlaf or Kopitar's overall game come playoff time, and he certainly doesn't bring more than a players like Quick, Doughty, or Weber.

People do realize they aren't voting for fantasy points, right?

billybobjoe2112

Feb 2, 2010
Prince George B.C.
It basically is about today, as it's only for this year. One season isn't enough for Tavares all-around game to compete with Getzlaf or Kopitar's overall game come playoff time, and he certainly doesn't bring more than a players like Quick, Doughty, or Weber.

People do realize they aren't voting for fantasy points, right?
Click on the number beside the player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad