Confirmed with Link: TDA trade dead, bought out by Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
I can't imagine Skjei being ok with getting 3rd pair minutes much like Pesce wasn't a few years ago when we had Doogie & Faulk. And he has no incentive to sign a contract bc with Orlov->Nikishin he KNOWS he's not going to get the money or term he wants. Whether we own-rental him or trade him, I think he's as good as gone after this year no matter what...I think he'll be gone this summer IF we trade for EK OR find a scoring forward but otherwise might be own-rental this season. Trading Pesce though ONLY makes sense to trade IF we're acquiring EK, which is likely why there's so much talk around him instead of Skjei, since we'd also have TDA & Chatfield theoretically and he'd have good value around the league. Pesce's future likely hinges on EK, so until that situation is resolved, that's where all the chatter will be. Skjei will likely be depended on that and what the forward market looks like.

Again though, I'd rather keep Pesce and his defensive ability, especially paired up with Orlov, than go after EK...who could turn into an anchor if he trails off at all or gets injured (again). I know EK & Burns will likely work out differently here than they did in San Jose, because we have Slavin-Orlov to pair them with, which is infinitely better than Ferrari-Pickles or whoever they were using as their 1/2LD. But it ultimately feels like he's more of a luxury than a need, especially when we could really use a scorer or forward upgrade.
Agreed, best scenario would be to keep Pesce on a reasonable mid term deal. But doesn't sound like that will be possible based on his demands, which is completely understandable. I still have a feeling the EK talks are purely for leverage in Pesce negotiations, same with the talk of a Skjei extension. But we'll see how it plays out. We're well set at LD for the long term but RD is a huge question mark. A reasonable Pesce extension and Morrow living up to the hype would go a long way but we may wind up with Burns and EK who are not ideal dependable longer term options and come with a lot of risk even in the shorter term too.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014

I don't know what this is, but let's be perplexed together.

Okay he was bought out in the second buyout window due to one of their players going to arbitration. So I suppose the Flyers just got tired of waiting for us.
The window opened yesterday for 48 hours. May be they panicked, may be they chose to pay 2/3 rather than 50% + a retention slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad