Confirmed with Link: TDA trade dead, bought out by Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC

I like this move. A LOT. Chatfield proved, albeit in a small sample, that he was able to hold his own on his off-hand when Slavin was out for that short period of time. If he can do that for a full season, a third pairing of Chatfield-DeAngelo with DeAngelo being our #1 PP man?! Sign me up!

UPD:

Last edited by a moderator:

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Dudes defense is really bad. Hope it is a cheap deal. Like 50% retained for Joey Keane’s rights and Bokk.

There's a huge difference this time around, though. Burns will suck up all of the even-strength minutes, meaning TDA will be free to light it TF up on the first PP. This is fantastic news on all fronts!

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
There's a huge difference this time around, though. Burns will suck up all of the even-strength minutes, meaning TDA will be free to light it TF up on the first PP. This is fantastic news on all fronts!
That sounds nice until the playoffs comes around and he is less than helpful. Ghost is better defensively than him and ghost was heavily guarded.

We could start a poll to see which rangers or devils forward walks him in the playoffs and how many times.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
If it happens, it is probably dirt cheap in acquisition cost and possibly with retention. We got a haul to let the Flyers use him for a year. As long as we don't like stupidly give back any of their picks, fine. I think he can be a positive in the very specific role we'll have for him not playing over his head and helping a PP unit. Corvo was pretty much a douche, but he fit here. It's kinda like that it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad