Confirmed Signing with Link: [TBL] Tampa re-signs Vladislav Namestnikov (2 years, $1,937,500 AAV)

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
Filppula doesn't necessarily have to be protected - he could also be traded to a team with sufficient cap space to buy him out in exchange for an incentive. It really depends on the details of his modified NTC and how many/what teams he can potentially be traded to.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Filppula doesn't necessarily have to be protected - he could also be traded to a team with sufficient cap space to buy him out in exchange for an incentive. It really depends on the details of his modified NTC and how many/what teams he can potentially be traded to.

Flip has a NMC with a limited NTC for the final 2 years on his contract. That means he can't be sent down and only traded to a number of team of his choice but if he remains with Tampa, he'll be protected by his NMC.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
If he gets kucherov for 6.5 hes a god. But I think That they'll lose Johnson or Palat next season.

He easily could, if he was willing to go short. 6.5 for 3-4 years would be market value, in my opinion, so theoretically (assuming a slight discount) 6.5 for anything up to 6-7 years wouldn't be out of the question.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
If he gets kucherov for 6.5 hes a god. But I think That they'll lose Johnson or Palat next season.

We'll keep Palat. TJ may get exposed in the expansion draft unless someone offers a boatload of decent prospects.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
He easily could, if he was willing to go short. 6.5 for 3-4 years would be market value, in my opinion, so theoretically (assuming a slight discount) 6.5 for anything up to 6-7 years wouldn't be out of the question.

He can do 4.5 for 2 years and accelerate up to 7.5 for the last 4 years so the AAV is the same as 6/36 or he can play with it other ways by low salary, more bonus downstream.. YzerGod has a way of working the numbers and a long term plan...

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
We'll keep Palat. TJ may get exposed in the expansion draft unless someone offers a boatload of decent prospects.

Absolutely not. There is zero chance we expose TJ to expansion - he is far too valuable as a trade piece.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
Between Palat and Tyler Johnson, I keep Palat 10/10.

Bish, TJ and one of Flip/Callahan (God willing, BOTH) will be gone next season. Some of them maybe even part way through this season.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009

Bish, TJ and one of Flip/Callahan (God willing, BOTH) will be gone next season. Some of them maybe even part way through this season.

I'm just happy SY has to make the decision. Not me. I still think he finds a way to keep them all somehow. Or he will find a way to trade one of them and make our team better in the process. He just always finds a way. Happy he is our GM.

seadawg

Sep 22, 2008
Kucherov isn't going to sign an offer sheet. His agent has been in regular dialog with Yzerman and both parties know this will get done. Offer sheets are hardly ever signed, but when they are it is usually when the negotiations aren't going well. In this case, Yzerman knows Kucherov's value and I'm sure Kucherov wants to be a part of Tampa's long-term plans, so a deal will get done. Yzerman just had to wrap up some of these other contracts first so that he knew exactly how to structure Kucherov's deal for maximum value.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'm just happy SY has to make the decision. Not me. I still think he finds a way to keep them all somehow. Or he will find a way to trade one of them and make our team better in the process. He just always finds a way. Happy he is our GM.

Wish more people here thought like this. God willing on that, since this is HF boards, lol.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
This deal pretty well confirms the rumor that the Bolts players all got together and agreed to take less $$$ in order to keep the core together and extend the Cup window a few more years.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This deal pretty well confirms the rumor that the Bolts players all got together and agreed to take less $$$ in order to keep the core together and extend the Cup window a few more years.

Well let's see what happens with Kucherov before assuming that.

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014

Can't see Johnson going anywhere. Top playoff performer and will be a big part of any cup we might win. As much as I love Palat (see username), his post season performance ALMOST makes him more expendable. But, I don't see either of them going. Bish, Filpula, and a few others will be moved.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad