Confirmed Signing with Link: [TBL] Tampa re-signs Vladislav Namestnikov (2 years, $1,937,500 AAV)

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Yzerman did what he needed to here with a solid bridge deal. It gives him self another year with this group to go for it before he likely has to make some tough decisions next summer when he`s faced with a bit of a cap crunch.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Sweet the last hurdle to get Kucherov done now

Nesterov still needs to be signed.

Lightning have just slightly over $6.5 million in cap space after today, so if Nesterov signs for even around $1 million, that's just $5.5 million to work out a deal with Kucherov.

Obviously he'll make it work, but it's going to require him moving some salary. Maybe a guy like Condra to clear up about $1.3 million.

wuf

Sponsor
Aug 16, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
This is great for Tampa. Real big fan of his, had him on my fantasy team when he went on a hot streak. Kucherov remains.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
Yeah, Condra could be replaced by somebody like Conacher or Richard to save $675k, Paquette could be replaced by one of them as well for another $238k in savings, and Nesterov isn't exactly a must-sign in the first place and could himself be replaced more cheaply. So we should have no problem getting everybody under the cap this season. Next summer is probably going to suck unless Yzerman has some serious magic up his sleeve but at least we can enjoy this upcoming season knowing that we don't have to lose anybody important.

valo97

Mar 8, 2014
Does Tampa have to make a trade since they have 50 contracts and Kucherov and Nesterov left to sign?

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Does Tampa have to make a trade since they have 50 contracts and Kucherov and Nesterov left to sign?
Don't rfas count against the contract list when you qualify them? I'm actually not sure but I assumed that's how it would work

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009

I would like us to trade Filppula because I think Namestnikov is a poor man's Filppula. Filppula still has value to a team. We could use the cap space and have a player who I believe to be deserving of a shot in Namestnikov.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
You need a 2, 3 extra million cap space at the start of the season as security in case of injury or something not planned. I didn't do the math but moving Condra only might not be enough to re-sign Nestea and Kuch. Maybe Yzerman will have to put a bigger fish into play.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
So who is getting traded? because somebody is getting traded because according to General Fanager you are now at the 50 contract limit

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
You need a 2, 3 extra million cap space at the start of the season as security in case of injury or something not planned. I didn't do the math but moving Condra only might not be enough to re-sign Nestea and Kuch. Maybe Yzerman will have to put a bigger fish into play.

Callahan will be on LTIR to start the year. We can keep Drouin and Koekkoek down to get under the cap till we put Callahan on there and bring them back after. So we'll have some additional capspace early in the year to play with.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
So who is getting traded? because somebody is getting traded because according to General Fanager you are now at the 50 contract limit

There's like 5 contracts that are going back to junior. Spencer, Yan, Stephens, Cirelli and Tammela.

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015

They played without Stamkos, Hedman, and Bishop and did fine. They have the depth to absorb injuries and keep going better than most teams.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
They played without Stamkos, Hedman, and Bishop and did fine. They have the depth to absorb injuries and keep going better than most teams.

That wasn't what I was implying. I know they did well without key players, I'm a Bolts fan.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
With 6M$ left in cap room, I could now see a team aiming at Kucherov with a 7M$ offer.

That way, TL would need to trade someone AND would prob not be able to sign Nesterov

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
With 6M$ left in cap room, I could now see a team aiming at Kucherov with a 7M$ offer.

That way, TL would need to trade someone AND would prob not be able to sign Nesterov

Kucherov is under no obligation to sign an offer sheet; he could simply come to Yzerman with the number and Yzerman will use our tax advantage to offer him a cheaper contract with the same take home pay. Even if Kucherov did sign the offer sheet Yzerman would match it immediately and worry about who to lose afterward. And Nesterov isn't even a consideration: if we do resign him it'll be a "last chance to prove something" situation anyway so replacing him with somebody like Witkowski doesn't hurt us one bit.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004

Nesterov would be out of TB so fast he wouldn't know what happened.

Someone is already being traded anyway, so it's not like a OS would change anything.

Good deal from Yzerman. Low risk, high reward possibility. Namestnikov should eventually be able to slide between lines 2-3 and give Cooper options. I'd like to see Callahan and Killorn pushed down to the third line in favor of Namestnikov moving up. He had real nice chemistry with Kucherov in the AHL.

Last edited:

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
I would like us to trade Filppula because I think Namestnikov is a poor man's Filppula. Filppula still has value to a team. We could use the cap space and have a player who I believe to be deserving of a shot in Namestnikov.

Filpula doesn't have value. . . Not when he has a NMC and the expansion draft is coming up next year

He can be moved but Tampa will have to find a team w only 6 Fwds to protect, and then they'll have to sweeten the pot

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
Filpula doesn't have value. . . Not when he has a NMC and the expansion draft is coming up next year

He can be moved but Tampa will have to find a team w only 6 Fwds to protect, and then they'll have to sweeten the pot

I thought it was up to the receiving team whether to honor a NMC or NTC or not, once waived?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad