Confirmed with Link: [TBL/SJ] Barclay Goodrow & 2020 3rd rd pick (PHI) for 2020 1st rd pick and Anthony Greco

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
The trade makes us better. It gives us one of the best 4th lines in the game.

The value is absolutely awful. You can sign a guy like this in the offseason for the same price. There is no justification to paying a first rounder for this guy. Period.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
We are all in this year and next. Who cares about the future.

We have skill. We don’t need EK65 or Taylor Hall.

We need grit and we got grit

Everyone should be thankful we improved the team the past few weeks.

Reactions: Hint1k

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
io4FbXU.gif

Live footage of JBB finalizing the trade.

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
We are all in this year and next. Who cares about the future.

We have skill. We don’t need EK65 or Taylor Hall.

We need grit and we got grit

who cares about the future? We need picks for the future are system is ok not the greatest. Giving us picks is fine but when you are trading a 1st for someone who will most likely play 4 line is pathetic.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
It's cup or bust, not sure why people are so pissy about losing a pick that has a 60-70% chance of even becoming an NHL player in any significant capacity. The way I see it, we bump our first down by a round and a half to get Goodrow, a quality player with a cheap cap hit thru next season. Not great value but we'll be fine, and have plenty of time to re-stock some picks in the summer.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
who cares about the future? We need picks for the future are system is ok not the greatest. Giving us picks is fine but when you are trading a 1st for someone who will most likely play 4 line is pathetic.
You want to know what’s pathetic? If this core doesn’t win a Stanley Cup

Reactions: NatoGhost

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
You want to know what’s pathetic? If this core doesn’t win a Stanley Cup

Winning the cup is all about luck. Imagine giving away High picks and not winning the cup. Then what do you do. Keep doing it till it works? Giving away high picks for players is all good but the players coming back have to be worth the pick.

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
Winning the cup is all about luck. Imagine giving away High picks and not winning the cup. Then what do you do. Keep doing it till it works? Giving away high picks for players is all good but the players coming back have to be worth the pick.
It's always like this.
If the GM makes the move to make his team better people complain about him giving away future assets.
If he stays path at the deadline people complain about not maximizing the possibilities of the team winning the Cup.

Giving away a 1st rounder surely stings, but getting Goodrow at 900k for 2 runs at the Cup, with Tampa in the cap crunch it's in, it's a move that takes into consideration the bigger picture and not just this run.

Last edited:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
A 1st for a 4th liner playing 8 min a night haha
And a 3rd.

Just taking a stab at a line up. He can be on the 3rd line and Gourde could be on the 4th. Lots of possibilities with how versatile a lot of our guys are. But whatever the combinations are, that's a strong lineup 1-12.

fwiw, he's played 16 minutes a night for SJ this season, not that he'll get close to that here

bov

Nov 13, 2010
I could see Goodrow just about anywhere in the lineup. He won't be an 8 minute guy on this team.

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
I am all for giving away picks. But A first for someone who has scored the same amount of goals as CV this season is bad management. We brought PM and LS to add size to the team what does this trade do to help us. Could easily have picked someone similar during the off season without having to give away a 1st.

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
I'm not saying I'm completely joyful about this deal. If we gave up a 2nd rounder and got back a 4th rounder it would have been a decent trade in my books. Giving away a 1st rounder now surely hurts a bit.

But let me say this:

People laughing at this deal are the same people that will go on and say "LMAOOOO Tampa is gonna lose all their RFA because of the cap crunch". Those people that, when we'll re-sign all of Cirelli, Sergachev and Cernak will say "How TF can Tampa get away with this? It had to be impossible to keep all their good young players! It has to be because fo taxes, REEEEE"

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
This trade was a knee jerk reaction to Boston getting Ritchie. Brisebois shit the bed on the value, but the style of player that Goodrow is will be welcomed come playoff time.

Value is trash heap though. Brisebois shouldn't be allowed to negotiate value.

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
This trade was a knee jerk reaction to Boston getting Ritchie. Brisebois shit the bed on the value, but the style of player that Goodrow is will be welcomed come playoff time.

Value is trash heap though. Brisebois shouldn't be allowed to negotiate value.
That's a stupid take.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad