Confirmed with Link: TBL signs head coach Jon Cooper to multi-year contract extension

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
At least we get to see them play the right way for at least two more years :sarcasm:

Two years actually seemed like a perfect length.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
At least we get to see them play the right way for at least two more years :sarcasm:

Two years actually seemed like a perfect length.

Yeah, that pretty much covers this group's cup window. Yzerman kept together almost the same team from our cup run last season, but the time is coming up where he'll have to make some hard decisions to deal with a potential cap issue. Kucherov, Stamkos, Bishop, Hedman, Palat, and Johnson are all in need of new deals this year or next. Those are some major pieces. So no rush or anything Coop.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Fun with numbers, since Cooper's extension (6 games):

Stamkos: 0G 3A -4

Kucherov: 6G 1A +1

Now, what strikes me isn't so much the numbers, but the eye test. I know a lot of people have believed Stamkos hasn't been putting in an effort since last year, but to me, and to a few others, it really hasn't looked that way until... oh, about the last two weeks. I'm with you now. Stamkos has checked out. There's a difference in his demeanor.

So yeah. To anyone who believed the smoke about Stamkos and Coop having issues, who I probably argued with about there being no evidence to support that: you were right, I was wrong.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
It's really immature of him to check out. I mean it's telling how starkly different those stat lines are when they've been playing together most of the time. So it's not like Cooper has been setting him up to fail. Don't get me started with that offensive zone start nonsense. It's hard to get many offensive zone starts when you aren't getting enough offense in the first place.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad