Confirmed with Link: [TBL/NYR] Barclay Goodrow’s UFA rights for a 2022 7th round pick

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
This might be a "hot take" but only getting a 7th for his rights isn't great. I know it's just signing rights but I think we should have asked for slightly more. We paid a 1st for 2 years, we should have asked for a 4th or 5th. or signed him :(

Nah, we paid a 1st to win the cup, and we did twice. Even Cooper said he was brought in the bottom two lines. This isn't like were trading Kucherov's negotiating rights away where we can ask for a crap load.

Picklepete

Jun 5, 2002
Tampa
Visit site
Totally agreed. I liked Barclay during his time with the Sharks and glad he had success with you guys. Good on him. He made the NHL at a young age, but couldn't stick around until recently. Seems he found his place in the last couple years.

Also just realized I'm on the Lightning board, not main board. Woops.

That's ok. we don't bite..

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Nah, we paid a 1st to win the cup, and we did twice. Even Cooper said he was brought in the bottom two lines. This isn't like were trading Kucherov's negotiating rights away where we can ask for a crap load.

We also paid a 1st for the value of his contract -- he was making FAR less than he was worth, thus allowing us wiggle room to keep our stars. Same with Coleman. JBB identified two great contracts and paid through the news to get them. And now he's recouped an asset, little as it may be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad