Confirmed Trade: [TBL/NSH] Anthony Richard for Jimmy Huntington

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
These are the types of minor-league trades where the rest of us look at it and can only think... "but why"

Which GM picked up the phone and called which other GM and was like

"I gotta have that guy"
I think it’s more…
GM 1: I’m bored… who you got, that’s a permanent AHL guy that you don’t really see as central to success… fringe type guy?

GM 2: I’ve got a few… wanna give fans something to talk about?

GM 1: yeah… let’s have some fun

GM 2: cool… this’ll give them something to mull over for a few week…lol

GM 1: yeah, twitter and the forums will be hilarious…lmao

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
These are the types of minor-league trades where the rest of us look at it and can only think... "but why"

Which GM picked up the phone and called which other GM and was like

"I gotta have that guy"

I mean...i don't find this one that hard to envision.

I really thought Richard was going to be one of those tiny players that found a way to succeed at the NHL level. Hasn't really materialized, but he was such a beast and so creative in Val-d'Or. I thought he'd go the way Conor Garland actually has. Meanwhile, i'm convinced that Jimmy Huntington is a made up player name. So if i'm a GM owning the rights to these seemingly irrelevant, minor-league swap type players...i absolutely make a deal like this after talking with the other GM about something more substantial. As we get into talking about lesser roster players. Because as a GM...it's your job to mine the depths of the roster and try to find whatever marginal upgrades you think might be out there somewhere. If i've got an imaginary Jimmy Huntington i don't particularly care about, and i still have those lingering perceptions of Anthony Richard as a potential NHLer...let's do the deal.

Yog S'loth

Sep 7, 2005
Southern California
I mean...i don't find this one that hard to envision.

I really thought Richard was going to be one of those tiny players that found a way to succeed at the NHL level. Hasn't really materialized, but he was such a beast and so creative in Val-d'Or. I thought he'd go the way Conor Garland actually has. Meanwhile, i'm convinced that Jimmy Huntington is a made up player name. So if i'm a GM owning the rights to these seemingly irrelevant, minor-league swap type players...i absolutely make a deal like this after talking with the other GM about something more substantial. As we get into talking about lesser roster players. Because as a GM...it's your job to mine the depths of the roster and try to find whatever marginal upgrades you think might be out there somewhere. If i've got an imaginary Jimmy Huntington i don't particularly care about, and i still have those lingering perceptions of Anthony Richard as a potential NHLer...let's do the deal.

yeah but

but

but what if you're the GM trading for a figment of somebody's imagination

what's the play there

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
yeah but

but

but what if you're the GM trading for a figment of somebody's imagination

what's the play there

Might be cool. Might be a good player. You really never know...

Also, other GMs have different imaginations. So maybe one ideation is better than he other? Who knows.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad